Jennifer Lopez In Blumarine & Versace – ‘American Idol’ Finale

Jennifer Lopez was joined on stage for the ‘American Idol’ finale by Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson for the very last time yesterday evening.

The singer wore a Blumarine Fall 2012 mini dress.

I was hoping JLo would go out with a bang, so I can’t help but be slightly disappointed by the nude dress with studded embellishments.

In fact her whole run has been slightly disappointing. She hasn’t quite lived up to her billing in my opinion.

Christian Louboutin ‘Picks & Co’ ankle-strap spiked heels and sleek straight locks completed her look.

Jennifer also performed on the night giving us a JLo-MC Hammer mash-up ensemble.

A studded bra top from the Versace Spring 2012 collection was teamed with silver sequin harem pants.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Dita Von Teese In Blumarine - amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Dita Von Teese In Blumarine – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Doutzen Kroes In Versace - amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala 2012

Doutzen Kroes In Versace – amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala 2012

18 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Blumarine & Versace – ‘American Idol’ Finale

1. Riley May 24, 2012 at 15:54 #

How horrible. The dress isn’t doing anything for her and the second look is JLo Tacky. What was she thinking? Her run this season has been 100% disappointing. She needs to FIRE her two stylists stylists Rob Zangardi and Mariel Haenn who think “Bronx Barbie” is a good look for her RIGHT NOW.

I do hsve faith that Jennifer Lopez can wear classy looks though. Maybe 1 out of 10.

2. Marybeth May 24, 2012 at 15:56 #

What is it with JLo and harem pants anyway?!?
    They’re awful (IMO) and she wears them so often.

Ah well. She looks fine, but I have to agree with FC that she’s been rather disappointing this year.

3. robbie May 24, 2012 at 15:57 #

yet more tacky looks from jenny from the block.

• dee May 24, 2012 at 17:19 #

• Yeliz May 24, 2012 at 18:00 #

4. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 15:58 #

I have to say she ended in the tackiest, most dated way ever. :*(

• Alina May 24, 2012 at 16:23 #

I agree.

Knowing how good a judge can look (Dannii Minogue, Cheryl Cole – in her good days, Amanda Holden), Jennifer’s run was disappointing.

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2012 at 16:26 #

Yes, I was expecting something major like Dannii, Cheryl – in her good days and Amanda would’ve given us.

• Christine May 24, 2012 at 23:03 #

I can’t help but agree.

5. J May 24, 2012 at 16:03 #

Hey FC, there was actually one contestant who nailed every single look! Jessica Sanchez, the runner up, looked amazing on every show. Have you seen her? I know they work with a stylist, but still, the rest of the girls all paled in comparison to this one. Including Ms. Lopez.

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2012 at 16:09 #

I don’t watch the show, so no I haven’t her.

6. Dorian Gray May 24, 2012 at 16:19 #

She ruined what could be a great Versace look if she had chosen the shorts, just like the catwalk model.

7. anonymous May 24, 2012 at 16:24 #

the blumarine dress is a little bit similar to the Pucci she wore to last years grammy’s dont u think?

8. r1ma May 24, 2012 at 16:31 #

I have a feeling the producers on the show might have her on a tight leash? They like her to look “commercial” or whatever.

IDK American network television sucks ball.

9. Jones19 May 24, 2012 at 16:59 #

Both looks are so dated! I’m sad because she can do so much better. P.S. Look at those ABS?? Sick!

10. amanda May 24, 2012 at 18:43 #

the woman can be great but she truly didn’t live up to my fashion expectations on idol this year. i hope she doesn’t come back so i won’t have to watch idol again, that show needs to be cancelled. looking forward for better fashion for the rest of year by jlo(i wish she will fire her stylists and get a new team that would take her to a different level)

11. fari May 24, 2012 at 21:50 #

same old same old! done with the embellished mini dresses

12. Sharon May 25, 2012 at 07:36 #

I agree, FC, that she has been disappointing lately. Too any times she has looked like she just pulled something from the back of the closet and wore it. (Although the back of her closet must look 100 times better than the front of mine.) Maybe she’s just unhappy because she couldn’t go to Cannes.