Diane Kruger In Versus – Tetou Restaurant

Between her numerous red-carpet appearances at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, Diane Kruger found time to enjoy a romantic night out with boyfriend Joshua Jackson.

The couple were spotted dining with pals at Tetou restaurant in Cannes, France, on Saturday night, before returning to the red carpet for the ‘Amour’ premiere on Sunday night.

Diane looked beautiful in a light-blue-and-grey patterned cap-sleeve Versus Fall 2012 dress.

A unique, structured neckline, pouf cap-sleeves and subtle bodice cut-outs added an extra bit of flair to a classic look.

Never one for boring pumps, Diane amped up the summer vibe with a pair of strappy white Christian Louboutin ‘Crosspiga’ pumps and a bright yellow Bulgari ‘Serpenti’ bag.

A sleek ponytail and no makeup completed the look.

Credit: Elle.com & Xpsoure

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden In Elie Saab - Christening of Princess Estelle of Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden In Elie Saab – Christening of Princess Estelle of Sweden

Kirsten Dunst In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Kirsten Dunst In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

25 Responses to Diane Kruger In Versus – Tetou Restaurant

1. olivia May 23, 2012 at 10:46 #

Why is it okay for Diane to wear white pumps, but for everyone else it’s the biggest crime? I hate the shoes, the hair, the make-up… don’t like this look at all

• Tiffany Nicole May 23, 2012 at 20:17 #

This is my go-to fashion site. I love it, I do. But I’ve learned that on here Diane Kruer can do no wrong. Neither, apparently, can Fan Bing Bing. And if either of them is in Elie Saab, or if Elie Saab wakes up in the morning, his will be the best dressed of the week. This is at least the second time in a couple weeks old girl has worn white pumps with nary a criticism. It’s weird.

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2012 at 20:26 #

Tiffany and Olivia. If you care to look at the end of the post you will clearly see that this post was written by my contributor Lauren.

She doesn’t share my dislike of white shoes.

With regards to your other other comment I didn’t like Fan Bingbing’s opening ceremony dress which is why I didn’t add it to the Best Dressed day one poll and I was attacked for that.

At this point I am damn if I do and I’m damn if I don’t. I always engage with my readers, I don’t know any blogger who does. Yet at times, like this, it is thrown back in my face.

I think you are basically saying that I am biased when I have stated MANY times before that Diane Kruger isn’t even in my top five of favourite celebrities. I admire what she does, but she’s no Cate Blanchett.

I just want to add that I am somewhat offended by your comment. I have work tirelessly this week and to have this type of accusation thrown at my door is just demoralizing to say the very least.

I will only accept being biased about Elie Saab and that is because the man makes damn fine gowns. So sue me.

• olivia May 23, 2012 at 21:21 #

I didn’t mean to offend you, because I appreciate you hard workd that you do with this site, I really do. I didn’t see that this post wasn’t written by you, so I’d like to apologize to you. And of course even if you are biased in some cases, you’re human too, so I can accept that.

• Tiffany May 24, 2012 at 22:00 #

FC, I am really glad you wrote this. I guess it wasn’t enough that I started by saying I love this site. I do. I really appreciate your work on here, and most definitely your engagement. There’s probably no way to do it, but if you could look back at my comments, I always highlight your diverse coverage, interesting comments and overall (and obvious) commitment and love of fashion.

I do think there is a slight preference for really frilly, Elie Saab-y gowns on the site. It’s not a dig, just my perception. Fan Bing Bing is one of the biggest wearers of Elie which is why I named her. And as you say, they’re pretty. This was still the site, though, that chose a Cate Blanchett Givenchy gown as BDOTY, so it’s not all mass-appeal all-the-time by any means.

I am sorry if my comments were hurtful. It wasn’t my intent, but I have to accept that they did offend. You have my word, though, that I go on and on about your site and have turned friends on to it. Keep up the good work. And please forgive the occasional slights of your readers and me. I wouldn’t be on this site if I didn’t think the world of it and, natch, you and your work on it.

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2012 at 22:04 #

Thank you. I accept you apologies. I response was probably more to do with fatigue.

2. allie May 23, 2012 at 10:52 #

Love

3. TL May 23, 2012 at 11:22 #

Nothing too special about this look.

I really wanna say: I hate sharp pointy shoes!!! Is it a trend that comes back? Why are celebrities wearing them a lot?

4. Yeliz May 23, 2012 at 11:26 #

I like this look from the ankles up.

5. Hannah May 23, 2012 at 11:37 #

I blieve that her pumps are the Louboutin ‘Crosspiga’s’.

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2012 at 12:15 #

6. DorianGray May 23, 2012 at 11:45 #

Not so amazing like her first Versus dress but a very nice look, I like the shoes too because they aren’t so big.

• Christine May 23, 2012 at 14:23 #

7. Alina May 23, 2012 at 12:13 #

It’s ok for a dinner.

8. Terry May 23, 2012 at 12:14 #

She wore Christian Louboutin Crosspiga pumps.

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2012 at 12:15 #

thanks

9. dee May 23, 2012 at 14:08 #

I think she looks cute and appropriate for dinner.

10. Riley May 23, 2012 at 17:21 #

Even though I am one for a pop of color, the yellow bag is too much of a contrast with her dress. I love the white shoes with the dress.

11. Myself May 23, 2012 at 19:09 #

She looks sick!! Otherwise she knows to dress properly.

12. Nat39 May 23, 2012 at 21:19 #

She is a bit too mature for this cute short dress but I like that she paired it with those white strappy pumps, they work quite well here.

13. pipsqueak May 24, 2012 at 02:49 #

Adorable! I hope someday Diane’s home will be featured in a big magazine. For someone so good at styling, I bet her home looks great too.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 15:15 #

FC, I’ve noticed a lot of dissatisfied commenters lately and I just wanted to contrast that and say a big thank you to you for everything that you do. I’ve been enjoying Cannes SOOOO much–I was really counting down the days to it just because of your blog. Every day’s been better than the last and my family is always telling me to get off the computer but I’m too busy refreshing your page! Thank you for your dedication–long, long hours of work, your knowledge and your unfailingly professional opinion. It’s appreciated by me and many others! Sometimes I wish that a look had made it on to BDOTW, or whatever, but I respect that this is YOUR blog and you deserve to be thanked rather than criticized. Sorry for this longwinded thing but just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH and keep it up!!! <3 <3

• Fashion Critic May 24, 2012 at 15:28 #

thank you very much.

I have been laying out in the sun today to recharge my batteries

• EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 15:59 #

Good for you :)

15. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 15:16 #

The dress is too short and cutesy, and as I’m not a fan of cut-outs they don’t work for me. I do like the print and the bag, but not the white shoes. Certainly not one of Diane’s best looks…