23.05.12

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Daniel of Sweden attended the christening of their daughter Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary of Sweden at the Royal Palace Stockholm, Sweden, yesterday afternoon.

Princess Victoria wore an Elie Saab Resort 2012 dress.

Her blush crepe georgette cocktail dress with lace panelling was effortlessly chic and ladylike without being fussy or matronly.

The proud mother coordinated her look with matching accessories including an embroidered fascinator.

Silver jewels and a soft pink lip colour completed her look.

The Crown Princess and I have something in common: a love for Elie Saab’s feminine dresses. She has worn the designer before on several occasions including her wedding weekend.

You can buy Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden’s Elie Saab dress from Boutique1.com.

Credit: Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Alexandra Maria Lara In Elie Saab Couture - 'On The Road' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Alexandra Maria Lara In Elie Saab Couture – ‘On The Road’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

19 Responses to Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden In Elie Saab – Christening of Princess Estelle of Sweden

1. CreoleLady May 23, 2012 at 10:28 #

A lovely reminder of how beautiful and flattering Saab daywear can be. The baby princess is adorable in her christening gown.

• Alina May 23, 2012 at 12:31 #

I agree on both counts.

• dee May 23, 2012 at 14:06 #

2. Nat May 23, 2012 at 10:32 #

I want her fascinator.
    I wouldn’t know where to wear it, but I need it in my life! LOL!

The dress is cute and classy…Very appropriate for a christening.
    She looks great for a newly mom. :-)

3. Yeliz May 23, 2012 at 11:22 #

She looks so chic. I really like this look.

4. Beta May 23, 2012 at 11:31 #

love the babie’s face in the first pic :D
    victoria looks lovely and effortlessly chic.

5. Jess2 May 23, 2012 at 12:43 #

She looks lovely and very chic, she could never go wrong with Elie Saab!! Love this look head to toe. Princess Estelle is just adorable!!

6. Chan May 23, 2012 at 13:13 #

The baby is so co cute, God bless mother and child.

7. hero May 23, 2012 at 13:43 #

Why does everyone say that Princess Victoria is so pretty…I think its because she is a royal….she looks like a farmer’s wife to me….very plain and homely face.The baby is adorable!

• moja31 May 23, 2012 at 16:26 #

Personally, I think she’s pretty because she always seems so happy and nice. She always comes across as sweet, friendly, and approachable, that’s what makes her my favorite.
      Princess Estelle is the cutest royal baby in ages, and her little baby sized sash is wonderful, she’s just missing a tiara!

• pipsqueak May 24, 2012 at 03:04 #

I agree. She looks like an average suburban wife. She looks nothing like a typical Swedish girl you’ve read about. Elin Kling is that epitome. I’m not sure the princess is stylish but she wears fine clothes and always looks proper. She’s far better looking and dressed than Camilla Bowles, for sure.

• SilentVisitor May 24, 2012 at 15:08 #

Those who are also looking at how pretty other people are, should first start by looking in their mirror………
      There is no definition of “pretty” imo, it is all relative. what you might find pretty, might be considered not so pretty by someone else… and what is that even relevant????

• snowlion May 25, 2012 at 00:42 #

Right on!

Didn’t realise this was a place to comment on how an actual person looks (the biological parts one has no choice over)… I thought this was about fashion! Put the claws away. She looks like a proud new mother in appropriate flattering clothing for the occasion. Lovely!

• Tina May 25, 2012 at 05:49 #

I highly disagree. You may have your own opinions regarding another’s facial features, but I am not one to judge one by their looks. Did she ask to be, as you say, “homely”? It’s just genetics. I much rather respect a person’s attitude, personality, and comportment than something as superficial as physical beauty. To me, this princess looks like a nice enough girl, with a happy family and treats others kindly.

8. Riley May 23, 2012 at 17:25 #

I love that Princess Victoria loves Elie Saab but we need to get her wearing at least four inch heels so she looks more her young age!

• Cup of Jo May 25, 2012 at 13:46 #

I don’t fancy carrying my baby around in 4 inch heels, it may be the thing everyone does these days, but it’s crazy to my mind!

9. Ju Alves May 23, 2012 at 17:38 #

This look is so amazing and light!!! I’m enjoying that you are posting royalty looks, it’s so freshing new faces here!

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 15:03 #

Adore the sweet, elegant dress, the fashionable fascinator, and her chic accessories. Not to mention the ADORABLE baby! :)
    Such a lovely family. :)

11. BB May 25, 2012 at 03:20 #

Absolute classic elegance! With Elie Saab, she looks amazing!