As the saying goes, ‘If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em’, and the latest beauty trend in Hollywood takes its inspiration from the bushy adolescent eyebrow.
At the Gucci and Vanity Fair dinner party at the Hotel du Cap, Naomi Watts, Caroline Casiraghi, Li BingBing, Salma Hayek and Jennifer Connelly all sported fuller Eighties-style brows.
Eyebrow guru Kristie Streicher, whose clients includes Julia Roberts, Rachel Weisz and Molly Sims, says: “Fuller eyebrows are more youthful and really frame the face.”
Here are her tips for getting back the brows of your youth:
* Cheat. Grow overplucked brows back faster by applying an enhancing gel every night. RevitaBrow by Revitalash and Talika Eyebrow Lipocils will kick-start regrowth.
* Follow your own natural brow line. Everyone’s bone structure and brows are different. If you’re not sure where your eyebrows should be, run your finger along your eyebrow bone. That’s exactly where the line of your eyebrow should be.
* Draw an invisible line from the corner of your nose straight up towards your forehead to indicate where the eyebrows should start.
* Your brow’s arch should fall just outside the pupil and go all the way across the brow bone, feathering the ends outward to give the eye a lift.
* Use a good pencil, powder, or tinted brow gel to fill in sparse areas. By filling in the growing or thin areas, the eyebrow will appear more defined and complete while also making the sparse hairs underneath less noticeable. Be sure to use a pencil, powder, or gel that’s a shade or two lighter than your hair colour since it will look darker once applied. Powder works better on oily skin while pencil is usually better for more mature or drier skin.
What you will need:
Talika Eyebrow Lipocils – Beauty.com
Sephora Collection Classic Double-Ended Brow Sculpting Brush – Sephora.com
Tweezeman Slant Tweezers – Sephora.com
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo – Sephora.com
Laura Mercier Eyebrow Pencil – Sephora.com
MAC Brow Set – Selfridges
Credit: Getty Images for Gucci