22.05.12

Lea Michele sported two very different looks outside the Ed Sullivan Theatre prior to her guest appearance on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ yesterday afternoon in New York City.

The first was a cute ensemble consisting of a Zadig & Voltaire ‘Vichy’ sequin jacket which she teamed with a simple white tank top and a Jenni Kayne ‘Bound’ mini skirt.

I liked the look until I got to the Jimmy Choo ‘Decoy’ platform booties.

Cut to show time and it’s a case of ‘good girl gone bad’ as Lea upped the ante wearing a sexy Amen ivory dress with a ‘leave nothing to the imagination’ keyhole detail and cut-outs at the waist which she teamed with nude Louboutins.

Lea has the body to wear this sexy frock, I will give her that, but that is just too much boobage for a Monday afternoon.

Jenni Kayne Bound Miniskirt

You can buy Lea’s Jenni Kayne mini skirt from Shopbop.com.

Credit: FameFlynet

January Jones' Citizens of Humanity Thompson Medium Rise Skinny Jeans

January Jones’ Citizens of Humanity Thompson Medium Rise Skinny Jeans

Get Charlize Theron's Smoldering Eyes

Get Charlize Theron’s Smoldering Eyes

19 Responses to Lea Michele In Zadig & Voltaire, Jenni Kayne & Amen – Late Show with David Letterman

1. EmmaWoodhouse May 22, 2012 at 15:51 #

First outfit: the blazer is baggy and the skirt is too short. Her hair looks nice, though. The booties are stumpifying.
    Second outfit: WAY trashy. I was hoping for better after her lovely Emilio Pucci dress but this…*shakes head*

• bm May 22, 2012 at 15:55 #

Yeah, back to “basic”, LOL.

• Alina May 22, 2012 at 16:03 #

I agree with every word you wrote.

• Yeliz May 22, 2012 at 18:04 #

I agree too.

• lu May 22, 2012 at 19:01 #

Agree on everything. I really want her to do right! well, at least the pout seem to be gone…

• dee May 22, 2012 at 21:25 #

I agree too.

2. Mel May 22, 2012 at 16:04 #

The blazer makes her (broad) shoulders even more large thzn they are

3. Lei May 22, 2012 at 16:14 #

Where’d she get those boobs from!? Someone’s has a procedure & wants to flaunt it! :)
    Not really a fan of either look!

• T from Sydney May 22, 2012 at 16:50 #

considering at the Met Gala she looked a bit more flat in the chest area ill say its a good pushup bra and the dress being so tight and she could of used make up to contour the boobs.

that said i hate both outfits and in close up her make up is too light in the face.

4. robbie May 22, 2012 at 16:15 #

first look is fabulous even with the booties. the second look though that is al kinds of tacky.

5. Macie May 22, 2012 at 17:14 #

I’m not liking this look on her. She’s done better. BTW thanks for covering other events besides Cannes. It has been so hit and miss there.

6. Riley May 22, 2012 at 17:26 #

FC you were wise and knew the Spirit of JLo wasn’t gone forever ;)

Lea is so petite, so I don’t see why she hasn’t realized booties are her enemy yet.

Her first look is a nice downtown New York look sans booties o’course.

7. Martina May 22, 2012 at 17:38 #

I don’t like neither one of the looks. In the first one I dislike the booties, I think she has to be much taller to pull them off, this way they are only making her shorter and I dislike the blazer because it makes her look boxy, something like a tailored blazer would maybe be a better option. In the second one I dislike her cleveage, I agree with you, FC, that it’s too much. I also really hate the fact that her make up is so much lighter than the rest of her body, it looks like she got tanned but her make up artist didn’t use new shade of foundation so her face is lighter…
    In my opinion both looks are a miss…

8. Tina May 22, 2012 at 18:37 #

Thought she had grown out of her trashy try-hard days… really disappointed with her second look. Not classy at all.

9. Hannah May 22, 2012 at 19:05 #

OMG the second dress, the photo of it on the side on getty is ridiculous, the fit on the chest & the side cut outs. Way too much for even night time TV.
    It’s like a much less subtle version of this look: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2010/06/23/runway-the-the-today-show-ashley-greene-in-behnaz-sarafpour/

10. Shaina May 22, 2012 at 22:21 #

The first look is very unflattering on her and the second look is not appropriate for at all. I’m glad to see that the miracle bra is working out for her but there is a place and time for everything and this is not the place nor the time.

11. Christine May 22, 2012 at 22:42 #

Spirit of JLO is back I see LOL.

12. Amy May 23, 2012 at 21:55 #

I agree with everyone here. The blazer is too large for her in the first pic. For the second one : no comment

13. Jess2 May 24, 2012 at 01:02 #

Yeah, not loving these looks, especially considering she has been doing sooooo much better recently. She will get it back though…. I hope.