Zooey Deschanel In Moschino – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

Zooey Deschanel joined many stars on the red carpet at the MGM Grand Garden for the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, held in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Sunday night.

She opted to wear a Moschino Fall 2012 dress.

As always there’s a 60s theme to Zooey’s look, starting with the silver embellished sleeveless cocktail dress with contrast cream trim and ending with the retro updo.

Sadly I can’t get behind this look because of the tights.

I know they are her thing and I have given her several passes, but on this occasion they are hideous with this chic mini dress.

Horn-shaped dangling earrings and Miu Miu black pumps accessorized her look.

Zooey joins Fan Bingbing by sporting an orange lip colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Shakira In Julien Macdonald - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Shakira In Julien Macdonald – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Nelly Furtardo In Alberta Ferretti - 2012 Billboard Music Awards

Nelly Furtardo In Alberta Ferretti – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

14 Responses to Zooey Deschanel In Moschino – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

1. Kaz May 21, 2012 at 11:28 #

Dress, hair and makeup are great. From the thighs down it’s a snooze-fest!

2. Yeliz May 21, 2012 at 11:28 #

Pretty girl, pretty dress, pretty hair, pretty make-up and a waste of all these things by black tights.

3. Jones19 May 21, 2012 at 11:34 #

I have to agree, the tights don’t get a pass on this occasion. She has very nice legs, she should show them off more often.

• Alina May 21, 2012 at 11:44 #

4. robbie May 21, 2012 at 11:49 #

bo-ring! what happened to the quirky zooey it was far better than this dull snooze fest.

5. manja May 21, 2012 at 12:19 #

maybe she has some condition/problem with her legs?if not then I trully do not understand her obssesion with tights

• Jones19 May 21, 2012 at 12:36 #

Her legs are fine, she’s shown them off on her tv show and a few times on the red carpet. She wrote a blog about why she loves tights, it’s because she’s a bit of a tomboy and likes to do cartwheels and such so she needs tights to avoid exposing her underwear. It’s cute but this applies more to daily life than the red carpet, she’s not doing cartwheels on a formal occasion like this so she can skip the tights. Sorry for the long response :D

• Christine May 21, 2012 at 13:21 #

Now see I find that ‘wearing black tights on the red carpet’ excuse unconvincing.

6. Christine May 21, 2012 at 13:20 #

I believe she’s insecure about her legs. The tights are only cute with certain dresses and um..seasons. The dress on the other hand, so cute. I will buy this dress but the styling here is nothing exciting or new. I wish she can try something different for once! I like Zooey but I find her rather boring on the red carpet.

7. a May 21, 2012 at 13:53 #

Adorable.. Hair and make up is lovely..

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2012 at 14:25 #

Cute dress, cute earrings. Too much makeup, crazy hair and HORRIBLE tights. I say this is a black-tights wearer myself, bytimes…but I know when and where to wear them!

9. Emmeline May 21, 2012 at 14:35 #

Take away the black tights and add some silver, strappy sandals and you’d have a great outfit.

10. Carolina Roq May 21, 2012 at 15:46 #

I loved except for the tights

11. april May 21, 2012 at 15:57 #

Personally I like the tights in this look! The tigths are her personal choice of style by many years and however make her look very chich anc classy !