Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

Taylor Swift was sticking to taking to the red carpet sans sparkle when she arrived at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards held at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Sunday night.

She looked beautiful wearing an Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2012 gown choosing not to accentuate the split.

Her red chiffon sleeveless gown with a lace bodice was so very elegant.

Billboard’s ‘Woman of the Year’ added Neil Lane jewels and Elie Saab shoes accessorized her look.

Her trademark curls appear to be no more as she once again sported sleek, straight tresses.

A natural pink lip colour completed her look.

Do you like Taylor’s new direction, or are you missing the sparkle?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

42 thoughts on “Taylor Swift In Elie Saab – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

1. Zineb

Elie Saab works well with everyone :D If only celebrities can smart up a little bit and stick to him.

1. Nat

She looks lovely, the dress is beautiful and red is a great colour for her.
    There’s something that makes me like the sihouette of the dress more on the model, though. Maybe the fact that the waist is slightly higher?

2. allieh88

Obesssssed. Although personally I do also love her curls.

Ps is it just me or do her and the model look identical?

3. couturecoco

Adore the gown! Taylor’s figure does it full justice however I am missing her curls + something to show her young years because this kind of look overall is in danger of being a touch too old for her.

4. Mandy

Gorgeous. Best dressed teen star. And she looks freakishly alike with the model on the left.

1. Claire

I would agree, but T. Swift is actually 22 even though she could pass for an eighteen year old sometimes…

1. noo

i think her new style is much better fitted for a young adult, so maybe it would help us identify her as such :D

5. noo

wooooooow! i love the hints of pink in this dress and i love that taylor is no longer curls and sparkle but hasn’t lost her girly essence :D

6. Yeliz

Just 2 days ago I looked at this gown and thought it would be great to see it on the red carpet. :)

I certainly love this look. Don’t miss the sparkle at all, this new direction works very well for me.
    BDOTW worthy.

7. Jess2

She looks amazing!! I really love that she is venturing out in her style and is proving that she can look amazing both in and out of sparkles. This is also a great colour on her. My best dressed of the event!

8. Christine

I like the new direction. Keep us on our toes, Taylor. The dress and the color work well with the blunt bangs. She looks identical to the model, true. I sense a new confidence on the red carpet lately from Taylor. Not saying it was not there before but something’s different.

9. EmmaWoodhouse

I love both the grown-up, elegant Taylor and the sparkly girly Taylor. I’m so glad she didn’t play up the slit–that would have ruined the look for me. As it is she’s my best dressed of the night! Love the red on her and it’s uncanny how much she looks like the model! My only slight issue is that the bangs look a bit uneven.

10. Hannah

I do like her new direction, but I feel liek nwo we are going ot get this look again & again, the hair, makeup, pose & silhouette are all very similar to teh J Mendel, so I wish it was just a littel different, but definitely better than the loose curly bun with dark pink or red lips, cutesy pose, sparkle & abllerina style silhouette.

11. jessica

I think she looks gorgeous. The dress is beautiful. I would even say she is a contender for bdotw!

12. Amy

Lord knows I don’t regret the sparkly boring dresses. I like her new style. The dress is amazing

13. Mol

I don’t know if this new styling is a permanent turn or not, but I love this – red is outstanding on her.

14. Shaina

I’m loving the new Taylor. We get to see her do more with fashion and take more risks and it has definitely paid off. This is a beautiful look for her.

15. Hannah

I’m loving this new more grown up direction. She doesn’t need to literally sparkle all the time, she already has a very bright personality.

Have we seen something similar to this dress before in a seafoam green color? It looks very familiar but I can’t put my finger on it.

16. holly

I am loving Taylor’s more grown-up style. She’s not a teenager anymore and is changing her style to fit where she is in life. I give her so many props for doing so elegantly and not following the path of the Lindsay Lohans and Miley Cyruses of the celebrity world in hussying-it-up and trying too hard to look too grown up too fast.

17. Chelsea

She looks to “Dracula’s bride” like honestly speaking. The dress, is too dramatic for a summer event awards show. For some reason, I’m just not fond of red gowns in the summer. Also, her hair is a bit ‘blah’. The design of the dress is gorgeous none the less, though I would like it more in a different color.

18. Lynnette Lai

Loving the new direction although I do miss her wild crazy curls! :) As long as she still whips her hair during performances, it is all good. Loving all the gown selections. It just shows that your style can mentally get a makeover with a haircut/colour! :) Think Emma Stone = going blonde!

She’s my favourite of the night, Miley Cyrus looks tragic.

19. ryan barts

well I have to say this that I do really miss Taylor’s Beautiful Curls, and I love her Curly Hair a lot better than her Straight Hair, and I hope someday Taylor will come back to her Beautiful Curls, so she can become my Favorite Artist again.

20. Erika Ch

Oh,my god! I knew it! I knew that she’ll pick this dress from this collection! I just can’t believe she really wore this dress. And it just as beautiful as I imagine. Red really works for Taylor.

21. Lala/S-R

The lack of creativity burns my soul. She looks exactly like the model… It’s a lovely gown, though

22. dramaqueen

did she wear something inside the top part because she looks like she did wear something . anyway she looks amazing i love her new look stick to it taylor

23. Stephanie

I love this dress so much on her. I just wish she didn’t copy exactly the model. With hair and makeup I mean. Still stunning though.