Diane Kruger, who many of you would regard as the Queen of Cannes Film Festival so far, won your votes by a very large margin to win Best Dressed this week.

You fell in love with her Giambattista Valli Couture gown which she wore to the opening ceremony during Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday.

Some of you likened her to the beautiful Grace Kelly.

Even though many of you didn’t like Jada Pinkett-Smith for whatever reason in Atelier Versace, I loved her.

Whilst I agree Diane did look lovely, it’s nothing I haven’t seen before. I preferred the drama of Jada’s orange embellished split-to-the-thigh gown which was far more bold and daring even though I wasn’t crazy about her shoe choice.

Paz Vega was a close runner-up.

Credit: Getty

Michelle Williams' Giambattista Valli Patchwork Dress

Michelle Williams’ Giambattista Valli Patchwork Dress

Cheryl Cole Shares Her Favourite L'Oreal Products In Proenza Schouler

Cheryl Cole Shares Her Favourite L’Oreal Products In Proenza Schouler

22 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Diane Kruger In Giambattista Valli Couture & Jada Pinkett-Smith In Atelier Versace

1. sahil May 21, 2012 at 09:55 #

sorry FC but i simply dont agree with this Reader’s and Critic’s choice

• Fashion Critic May 21, 2012 at 09:55 #

you don’t have too

2. allieh88 May 21, 2012 at 10:09 #

Absolute yes to both. Obsessed w Pinkett’s gown but also obsessed w how elegant Diane looked. Both ladies truly wowed me in all their looks this week.

• Marybeth May 21, 2012 at 15:56 #

Totally agree! I am thrilled with seeing these two as winners together. The looks are very different but both capture spring/summer perfection!

• J.™ May 21, 2012 at 18:56 #

Yes, yes, yes. Loved Jada

3. Gloria May 21, 2012 at 10:19 #

Maybe if Jada Pinkett-Smith didn’t take herself so seriously, maybe she would look lovelier in all those expensive clothes.

• Charlotta May 21, 2012 at 17:15 #

I meant to “totally agree” with this statement here–yet my reply ended up down the bottom of the following response, way down there.

Not that I do not also agree that comment (below) is offensive.

4. OHLala May 21, 2012 at 11:56 #

For god’s sake, Jada Pinkett-Smith is hideous…you can’t choose her just because of she’s black.

• Fashion Critic May 21, 2012 at 12:00 #

What a truly offensive and ridiculous statement.

I have longed to see this dress on the red carpet since the second I saw it back in January on the runway.

I was beyond excited when it finally hit the red carpet that my hands were shaking the whole time when writing the post.

I have never cursed anyone out, but you are a small minded and racist. I’m disgusted by your comment.

How dare you.

• Jones19 May 21, 2012 at 12:14 #

That’s the most offensive thing I’ve ever read in the comments section on this website and I’ve read some doozies. You should be ashamed of yourself. I for one loved Jada’s look and it has nothing to do with her skin color!

• SilentVisitor May 21, 2012 at 13:49 #

because she’s black? is there now any relationship with fashion and race? my goodness, there are people who will always continue to prove that INFINITY exists by their lack of ………

• SilentVisitor May 21, 2012 at 13:49 #

stupidity at its best…………I should have added

• EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2012 at 14:12 #

WTH!?!?!? That is so offensive. I can’t believe anyone would make such a lowminded accusation. I didn’t love Jada’s look, but that was merely because it wasn’t my style. She looks very fashion-forward, FC loved the dress, so she chose it! Your assertion that it had anything to do with race is truly mindboggling and repulsive.
      I don’t usually comment so strongly on this blog, but I really felt the need to address this.

• Charlotte May 21, 2012 at 19:48 #

What the…?! Are you joking? It’s just hard to believe that someone could be so openly rude and stupid in this day and age… Absolutely despicable comment… your point is completely invalid and completely out of line!

5. Jones19 May 21, 2012 at 12:16 #

Deserving winners this week and it was a glorious week. Wish we could have three or four best dressed! Thanks for all your hard work FC.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2012 at 14:13 #

Didn’t love Jada’s look as I wasn’t a big fan of the dress. However, I’m pleased to see that Diane won!! She was my vote and she DOES look like Grace Kelly. That is a very high compliment from me :)

• Charlotta May 21, 2012 at 19:26 #

I agree that Diane is very much Grace Kelly here…and I honestly cannot imagine making that comparison with any other modern day actress.

It’s that completely effortless elegance, I think–which is exactly why Jada did not make it for me. She is usually trying WAY too hard on the red carpet and this one is no exception.

7. Quinn May 21, 2012 at 14:20 #

besides the breathtaking gowns, the reason why i love Cannes week is that i am always excited to see your pick for BDOTW since it may not be the one listed in the poll! :D

8. Shaina May 21, 2012 at 16:05 #

Paz Vega was my best dressed this week but Diane and Jada are both worthy winners in my eyes.

9. Matt R May 21, 2012 at 18:16 #

FC – I apologize in advance for the minor language but there are just a couple things I need to get off my chest after reading thru some posts on here. This is part fashion related and part personal.

I am just going to blunt and say that some of the readers here need to calm down a LOT. Turning fasthion, something that people love and come to this site to read, into a race war? That’s deplorable to say the least. The fact that one would insinuate something that ludicrous just goes to show the mindsets of some people in the world but this site isn’t a place for those comments.

And for those who always seem to have a negative mindset about who FC picks for BDOTW or who the readers choose, there are two things my mom always taught me: 1) If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all, and 2) Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. I personally wished Jane Fonda in Atelier Versace would have made the list, as I thought she was stunning, but I respect FC’s decision making and think both ladies (Diane and Jada) are great choices.

Sorry for the mini-rant there, but I just was aggravated.

• Fashion Critic May 21, 2012 at 19:02 #

Don’t apologize. Normally I delete these types of comments, but this person needed to be addressed.

10. Rashmi May 21, 2012 at 19:36 #

Paz Vega was my BDOTW followed by Diane..
    I did not like Jada because she looked too muscular for the gown plus i did not like her hair and shoes! That being said all of your readers respect your opinion and there is no reason to question yours or anybody’s choice..