Milla Jovovich In Atelier Versace – Life Ball 2012

Milla Jovovich looked stunning on the red carpet attending the Life Ball 2012 AIDS charity fundraiser at City Hall in Vienna, Austria, yesterday evening.

It appears to be Atelier Versace week as Milla became the fourth star to wear a look from the Spring 2012 collection, following Jane Fonda, Freida Pinto and Jada Pinkett Smith.

This lime green fully-beaded one shoulder gown with deep cutouts and Swarovski details was made for someone with as much attitude as Milla.

She worked that gown, and split, like no other could.

A Versace light gold leather clutch and gold Gucci sandals adorned with a gilded tiger head ornament from the spring 2012 collection completed her BDOTW worthy look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

Erin Wasson In Antonio Berardi - 'Amour' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Erin Wasson In Antonio Berardi – ‘Amour’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

26 Responses to Milla Jovovich In Atelier Versace – Life Ball 2012

1. Rebecca Z May 20, 2012 at 18:15 #

It is a gorgeous dress and she certainly has the attitude to carry it off, but I am thinking it is too big for her because you can see the superstructure of the dress around her midriff, on her back an at her shoulder in some of the pictures. Too bad–it is a knockout

• noo May 20, 2012 at 18:37 #

i think you’re right! something’s off…

• manja May 21, 2012 at 10:04 #

+1 something is very off with the fit,to the point it looks strange&akward on her.cld’ve been nice but as it is it’s not.too bad.

2. Ninja May 20, 2012 at 18:28 #

I find the gown incredibly tacky. The heels however I love!

• EmmaWoodhouse May 20, 2012 at 19:45 #

Totally agree on both counts. Great shoes, but a tacky gown that looks terrible on her–so boxy and revealing.

3. marie May 20, 2012 at 18:35 #

it does look like the gown is too big for her..too bad because she looked super gorge!

• firien May 20, 2012 at 18:51 #

My thoughts exactly. It makes her look boxy.

• marie May 20, 2012 at 19:13 #

the question running in my head? why on earth would Versace allow her to wear this gown without doing an actual fitting? was this the only gown left?

4. Christine May 20, 2012 at 18:47 #

It makes her look boxy, too wide.

5. Johann May 20, 2012 at 18:50 #

WAW… I hate it. I dont like the color, the shape, the everything (i remember her amazing Prada dress from last year and i cry).

6. Shaina May 20, 2012 at 18:54 #

The fit is off but other than that she looks stunning! I love that color and she is really working that gown.

7. robbie May 20, 2012 at 19:05 #

she manages to make such a tacky dress look classy.

• Riley May 20, 2012 at 22:34 #

I agree Robbie.

This look on Jennifer Lopez, Cheryl Cole, Katy Perry or Rihanna would be so tacky and cheap but on A-List actress and supermodel Milla Jovovich, it’s classic Versace perfection.

FC got it so right- Milla works whatever she wears.

I say even more so than Blake Lively or Christina Ricci. Milla makes their posing look like Julia Robert’s frumpy hunched Praying In Church Poses.

8. olivia May 20, 2012 at 19:18 #

I loved this dress on the runway, but on Milla, somethings off, it seem ill fitted, like it’s too big for her. Sorry to say it, but it’s a big no from me

9. Sabreena May 20, 2012 at 19:39 #

I love the gown.But I agree with others,the gown makes her midriff look kinda boxy.

10. Jess May 20, 2012 at 20:29 #

hideous dress, and as if that isn’t bad enough, it’s really badly fitted

11. Yeliz May 20, 2012 at 21:37 #

I agree with everyone who said that it’s very ill fitting. Besides this was my least favorite gown from this collection so from the 4 ladies who wore Versace this week, this is the worst one IMO.

12. Riley May 20, 2012 at 22:31 #

Hey FC at the end of the year, maybe you could do FC’s Adjectival Awards. I mean, you already do this on big award shows, but what about a massive list at the end of each year? For example:

Fan Bing Bing wins the Priceless Perfection Award
    Diane Kruger wins the Failure Is Not An Option Award
    Milla Jovovich wins the Werk It Award
    Jada Pinkett Smith wins the Comeback Kid Award
    Dakota Fanning wins the *Le Sigh* Award
    Catherine Duchess of Cambridge wins the Packham Princess Award
    Olivia Wilde wins the Shrug Award

• Fashion Critic May 20, 2012 at 22:58 #

Ok.

• Joy May 21, 2012 at 21:08 #

And a “what was she thinking award” though the list would be waaaay too long.

13. Hannah May 21, 2012 at 00:22 #

The blance of this dress was so delicate that Milla has completely ruined it for me. Only very few people could have worn this dress & gotten away with it, I had it mentally reserved for Blake, because she hasn’t done sexy in ages. I think that the fit is totally off on Milla, especially the bodice, I also find it very unflattering on her, and her posture is bizarre. Had she been stood up straight it would have looked a lot more elegant. The hair is bad as well.

14. Jess2 May 21, 2012 at 01:14 #

I love those shoes but I do not like this dress on Mila. It makes her look very boxy and just doesn’t seem to fit right. I am not a huge fan of the dress on the model but on Mila it looks even worse. I do like her styling though and she certainly was working it and I did like the pictures that were taken of her back.

15. What Is The New Black May 21, 2012 at 01:39 #

Absolutely stunning!

16. Sean Garrette May 21, 2012 at 04:52 #

She looks WIDE and BLOATED. would’ve preferred to see it on someone else.

17. Tom Kolovos May 21, 2012 at 12:22 #

H-I-D-E-O-U-S. AREN’T WE ALL getting a little tired of mostly talentless people modeling free clothes that aren’t even flattering?????

18. Alina May 21, 2012 at 17:40 #

I think she looks gorgeous.