20.05.12

Gemma Arterton In Gucci – Gucci and Vanity Fair Dinner Party

After wearing a one of a kind Gucci gown to the world restoration premiere of Sergio Leone’s ‘Once Upon a Time in America’ during Cannes Film Festival on Friday evening, Gemma Arterton opted for a runway look for the Gucci/Vanity Fair dinner party on Saturday.

Her Fall 2012 brandy iris printed silk georgette long sleeved shirt with matching brandy iris printed silk georgette pants was a much better look for the British actress.

It almost has a PJ feel to it, so she was very much on-trend.

With her hair pulled back into a simple ponytail, she accessorized with Gucci 18k yellow gold jewellery, and a Gucci black crocodile ‘Tigrette’ clutch with enamel tiger head detail from the Spring 2012 collection.

You can buy the nubuck version of Gemma’s Gucci bag from Saks.com.

Credit: Courtesy of Getty Images for Gucci

Keira Knightley In Chanel - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Keira Knightley In Chanel – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

12 Responses to Gemma Arterton In Gucci – Gucci and Vanity Fair Dinner Party

1. EmmaWoodhouse May 20, 2012 at 17:33 #

Love the bag. I am not at all a fan of the pajama trend, so this look does not work for me. However, I can see how others could like it.

• Beta May 20, 2012 at 21:59 #

+1 the pajama trend (I dont care if its georgette silk or whatnot) is silly

2. CTgirl May 20, 2012 at 17:41 #

While I know that it’s on trend, I have to admit to not being a fan of pajamas as going out clothing. This whole look doesn’t work for me. Gemma is a tall woman who looks best in clothing with some structure, rather than this limp silk.

3. holly May 20, 2012 at 17:46 #

Even though I am not personally a fan of the “fancy PJs” trend, I must say she looks very comfortable and confident in her look, which automatically makes it look better on her.

I imagine it must be a great relief for celebrities to have the opportunity to wear luxe PJs instead of Spanx and a tight-fitting gown to an evening party. Appetizers ahoy! :)

4. Shahd May 20, 2012 at 17:55 #

Gemma looks amazing, I love the prints and the colors, super trendy. Super chic

5. Christine May 20, 2012 at 18:49 #

I love this look.

6. robbie May 20, 2012 at 19:07 #

i long for this pajama trend to hurry up and end soon. the bag is too die for other than that this look is blahtastic.

7. justme May 20, 2012 at 20:48 #

I don’t like the pajama trend but if I had to do it (we’re talking life or death situation here lol), this is the way to go imo.
    Something dark with a simple print and good accessories.

8. Yeliz May 20, 2012 at 21:23 #

I don’t like the pajama trend either but this look is a big exception. I love it! She looks much better than her previous appearance.

• Jones19 May 20, 2012 at 22:44 #

+1. Not a fan of the pajama thing but I do like this.

9. Riley May 20, 2012 at 22:49 #

FC is wise when considering Gemma Arteron because of two facts:

1. Gemma has stated in InStyle that she doesn’t have a stylist and should get one. She obviously should, as she doesn’t have the natural style saavy that stylist free fashionistas Diane Kruger and Milla Jovovich do.

2. Gemma’s personal style is low-key, and even more fuss free than Kristen Stewart.
    Gemma isn’t one to follow trends because she isn’t aware of them; she is all about comfort and practicality.

So considering those two facts, Gemma’s look is perfect.

10. Jess2 May 21, 2012 at 01:18 #

I am neither here nor there in regards to the pajama trend but I really don’t like this outfit which I think is mostly driven by the fact that I really do not like that print. I do however adore that bag!!