Jessica Chastain In Gucci Première - 'Lawless' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Gucci Première – ‘Lawless’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Mila Kunis' 3.1 Phillip Lim Garconnet Blazer And Christian Dior Miss Dior Patent Leather Peep Toe Pumps

Mila Kunis’ 3.1 Phillip Lim Garconnet Blazer And Christian Dior Miss Dior Patent Leather Peep Toe Pumps

40 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Hannah May 19, 2012 at 20:57 #

It was a truly great week, I voted Marion, because she realy is back to her best, and the hair detail was inspired, with Paz and Diane as runners up. I also adored Charlize, especially the makeup, and I feel as though if she had been at cannes with the sunshine, I would have prefered it even more, honestly (clearly the last 4 weeks of rain & hail is having an effect on me). Also, I adored Hayden, her hair & makeup si divine & I love the gown.
    Thanks for all your coverage this week, I’m sure with all the amazing gown we have had over the last 3 days it was worth it, btu still thanks so much, I honestly cannot keep up with all your posting! Have a nice weekend :)

• Laura May 20, 2012 at 15:08 #

+ 1

2. Riley May 19, 2012 at 20:58 #

I am voting for Freida as she brought on the heat.

3. ellie. May 19, 2012 at 21:11 #

I loved the Mario Schwab and Vivienne Westwood ensemble from Kristen Stewart, with those neon bis un bout laboutins- shame its not featured! but otherwise I voted for Diane, dream like gown.

Hope you have a great weekend FC, what’s left of it anyway!

4. Yeliz May 19, 2012 at 21:11 #

Diane Kruger in Valli for me. My runner-up is Paz Vega and she’s followed by Freida Pinto.

5. Jeremy May 19, 2012 at 21:13 #

After seeing all those gorgeous gowns at Cannes, I feel a little…uninspired about this poll. Weird.

• Isai May 19, 2012 at 22:41 #

I totally agree with you! I thought I was the only one who felt this way…

6. Nat39 May 19, 2012 at 21:14 #

Hard to choose, went with Diane eventually as the calm soothing serenity of her very soft delicate look won me over (this is a kind of look I’m patiently waiting to see on Charlize Theron, it would suit her beauty perfectly as well).
    Fan and Marion – 2nd/3rd.

• Tahj May 20, 2012 at 00:58 #

I thought the same thing! Charlize would be pure Grace Kelly in Diane Kruger’s dress. I suppose it’s too dressy for the premieres and photocalls she’s been doing lately though. Maybe a festival.

7. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2012 at 21:14 #

I really, really miss Fan Bing Bing’s glorious caped Elie Saab. However, Diane’s gorgeousness thrills me to the core! She is my BDOTW, followed by Jessica Stam, Marion Cotillard, Elizabeth Banks and Fan.

• ellie. May 19, 2012 at 22:13 #

I wish fan’s China print dress had been on, I literally think its been the best dress at Cannes so far

• bessie May 20, 2012 at 02:57 #

8. Paddy M May 19, 2012 at 21:28 #

I don’t wanna put a downer on things, but considering how many exceptional fashion moments we’ve had at Cannes already, that’s an extremely weak list. I could name five or ten better looks which didn’t make it through the daily polls.

9. frommdq May 19, 2012 at 21:56 #

Where is Jada in the orange atelier versace? I thought it was a BDOTY contender

• Fashion Critic May 19, 2012 at 21:59 #

It didnt make the cut from the daily poll.

Don’t forget this is the readers poll. It based on your favourites.

• frommdq May 19, 2012 at 22:39 #

oh, ok! but remains one of your favorite and we can hope see it again at the end of the year? I wish!

10. Zineb May 19, 2012 at 21:58 #

yay thank you for including Jessica Stam and Hayden. I thought they looked amazing. I wondered if they’ll get a chance with all the looks we had this week in Cannes.
    I know that this may be the thousand time you’ve been told that you made a great coverage, I still want you to know that it’s been an exceptional coverage. Thank you for the chills and the wows you have given me this week.
    I hope next week will be just as good as the one we just had with another set of amazing gowns.
    Have a great weekend (or what’s left of it :D ) FC!

• Zineb May 19, 2012 at 22:00 #

And I voted for Paz Vega !

11. StellaR May 19, 2012 at 22:09 #

I vote for Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior Couture. I’m looking forward to this coming week. Nicole Kidman has two films showing. Any guesses what she will wear?

• Laura May 20, 2012 at 15:14 #

Givenchy or L’Wren Scott. I’d love to see Marion as the best dressed of the week, she totally deserves and she has never been named too.

12. annel May 19, 2012 at 22:31 #

Off course it is the gowns that will win the poll, but I give my vote to Freida Pinto because she has managed to wow me despite not even once wearing a show stopping gown. Her looks have been vibrant, playful, charming and unforced time after time.

13. Henrique May 19, 2012 at 22:38 #

For me it’s all about Charlize.

14. Erica May 20, 2012 at 00:27 #

Freida for her sexy, chic Versace!

15. Amy May 20, 2012 at 00:49 #

my picks:
    Diane because she looks enchanting with the movements of the dress
    Freida because her dress was one my fave Haute couture dresses in the recent collections : bold,colorful and sexy
    Then Paz: her dress takes black and white to another level, well done Stephane Rolland!

16. bm May 20, 2012 at 01:36 #

Wow, that’s is weird. Diane led this poll by huge margin despite the competition is really tough.
    Btw, FC. How about the looks today ? Are they include in next week poll or what, coz some of their looks are gorgeous.

• Elaine May 20, 2012 at 08:22 #

Last time I checked it was Fan and Paz tied in the league…the poll looks a bit weird…

17. Beta May 20, 2012 at 01:52 #

Paz hands down :)

18. Grace May 20, 2012 at 02:39 #

re: Fan Bing Bing’s Chinese dress

While her hair might be influenced by the style of the Tang dynasty (618 – 907 AD), her dress design is of a much later era, the Qing dynasty (1644 – 1911 AD). You can listen to Fan Bing Bing talk about it: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/cannes-film-festival-video-diary-326659#7

• Beta May 20, 2012 at 22:02 #

thanks! I loved that dress and I thinks its great that she honors her culture :)

19. Grace May 20, 2012 at 03:24 #

Mine was Naomi Watts in Marchesa (shocker!). I don’t care for either, usually, but she looked radiant.

20. Marybeth May 20, 2012 at 03:24 #

Marion or Diane?
    I quite literally had to flip a coin to choose between them. Diane won and I’m satisfied to vote for her. So elegant and so like a sea breeze!

21. Parvati May 20, 2012 at 03:53 #

We have already seen many gorgeous looks during Cannes Film Festival, but my BDOTW here is Charlize Theron. She looked absolutely stunning!

By the way, I think Jessica Chastain deserved a spot on this list, because her Giorgio Armani and her Gucci looks were both fantastic!

22. Alina May 20, 2012 at 05:58 #

It was hard for me to pick between Marion, Paz and Diane. I also liked Jessica Chastain in Giorgio Armani.

In the end, I gave my vote to Diane.

Thank you for an amazing coverage, FC! You were the best – like always.

23. mandy May 20, 2012 at 08:08 #

Paz Vega WITHOUT.A.DOUBT. Unconventional and unpredictable and undenyingly stunning and classy. She is Cannes Film Festival in a dress.

24. eimearoconnor14 May 20, 2012 at 12:53 #

WOOOOW this is a toughie….

25. Faye May 20, 2012 at 14:05 #

I voted for Haydn Pannetiere cos I think she is bringing something fresh and different. A lot of the time all over sequin dresses are bodycon, so I love the fact that they look more elegant. A great nod to the pastel trend without being obvious :)

26. What Is The New Black May 20, 2012 at 14:26 #

Definitely Paz Vega! One of the best gowns of the year!

• Shaina May 20, 2012 at 16:46 #

Completely agree! She got my vote too.

27. Sharon May 20, 2012 at 17:31 #

With all the beautiful and unique gowns in this competition, I’m a little surprised that Diane Krueger has such a wide lead. I realize that she’s the BDOTW queen, but I’m still surprised.

28. Kimmy May 21, 2012 at 03:12 #

Such a good week! It’s so hard to pick! But I’m going with Marion, she’s Parisian Chic.