19.05.12

Jada Pinkett-Smith In Emilio Pucci – Haiti Carnival Benefit

Jada Pinkett Smith wasn’t content with two show-stopping gowns yesterday; she added a third at the Haiti Carnival benefit for the J/P HRO, Artists For Peace and Justice & Happy Hearts Fund hosted by Armani during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.

The actress, who is becoming a fashion force to be reckoned with, wore an Emilio Pucci gown.

Her custom strapless beaded gold gown with lace inserts gave the look a patchwork effect.

With her hair swept to one side, she completed her look with a shimmering lip colour and gold bracelet.

I never thought I would say this after her Kids’ Choice Awards fashion failure, but I’m really starting to like and enjoy Jada’s red carpet style.

Credit: Getty

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen - 'The Giver' New York Premiere

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen – ‘The Giver’ New York Premiere

Best Dressed Of The Week - Diane Kruger In Giambattista Valli Couture & Jada Pinkett-Smith In Atelier Versace

Best Dressed Of The Week – Diane Kruger In Giambattista Valli Couture & Jada Pinkett-Smith In Atelier Versace

22 Responses to Jada Pinkett-Smith In Emilio Pucci – Haiti Carnival Benefit

1. Hannah May 19, 2012 at 18:03 #

I agree, seh looks stunning, seh does galmour very well – like Eva, Cannes certainly agrees with her. I think that she dresses well for her body shape, which is lovely, she looks taller every day, by the end of Cannes she will have the “Ricci” down pat.

• Yeliz May 19, 2012 at 20:08 #

“I wish that she had pulled the dress up a little, but other than that she is oozing fabulosity from every pore.” I totally agree.

2. CreoleLady May 19, 2012 at 18:14 #

Who’da thunk? I’ve seen her look good before but this is a whole different level. She’s doing her thing in Cannes — stylishly.

3. Rebecca Z May 19, 2012 at 18:14 #

Yep. she is really doing a great job of selecting gowns and presenting them. Her attitude is a little over the top, but maybe she needs it to pull off these amazing gowns given how tiny she is.

• Ingri May 20, 2012 at 01:13 #

+1 with the attitude.
      It would be easier to like her if she seemed a little less arrogant.

4. A. May 19, 2012 at 18:56 #

she has a great eye for detail and her sense of color is brilliant. She sure is becoming a fashion force to be reckoned with. Another event, Another great gown down.

5. Ritika May 19, 2012 at 19:19 #

Out of all her gowns so far, I like this one the best. Stunning. I do think she could do with a better pose or maybe a smile.

6. Linda May 19, 2012 at 19:33 #

She’s going all out lately. She looks great.

7. Grace Patricia May 19, 2012 at 19:44 #

She looks like a goddess in this dress.

8. Nat39 May 19, 2012 at 19:54 #

The gold beading is very beautiful against her skin tone but the gown does need to be pulled up a bit and I’m not loving the silhouette – straight wide torso, would love to see a better contrast between bust/hips and a smaller waist. Her makeup is a problem once again, she needs to find a way to soften her face, it’s too harsh on the eyes and aging.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2012 at 21:04 #

I agree. Beautiful and interesting fabric, but the silhouette is not doing anything for her.

• Alina May 20, 2012 at 10:34 #

DITTO.

9. Mol May 19, 2012 at 19:57 #

The pieced together fabric looks like shattered glass to me – she really carries it off beautifully. Just a nitpick – i wish, like Hannah, she had pulled the bodice up a tiny bit…..

10. DP May 19, 2012 at 20:31 #

Oh nooooo, FC I had actually completely forgotten (repressed?) that Kids’ Choice Awards outfit! But I agree, she is really redeeming herself. This one is fantastic and I love her lipstick and minimal accessorising. I do wish she’d give less sexy face and stop posing with her hands pressed against her like that because her outfits already scream sexy so it seems like overkill…

11. vicky May 19, 2012 at 20:52 #

This is the best (so far) from Jada but she’s got to relax her face a little bit.

12. Christine May 19, 2012 at 22:54 #

I agree, she is on a roll. New stylist, maybe? So far, all of her red carpet choices on the cannes red carpet have been nothing but stellar.

13. Amy May 20, 2012 at 01:00 #

nice dress but her least amazing one recently. I agree with FC, Jada’s latest looks have been stellar and really refreshing, I like that she’s not afraid to go big or bold.

14. Bamboo May 20, 2012 at 05:14 #

Arrogant? All I see is confidence. Not everyone has to look demure and sweet and “very happy to be here.” The woman looks good and knows it, and I don’t mind being able to tell it.

• Shaina May 20, 2012 at 16:35 #

+1 She looks gorgeous and knows it. I see no problem.

15. J May 20, 2012 at 07:16 #

On the other hand, she also likes to dress like a starlet.

16. Emi May 20, 2012 at 09:22 #

The dress it self is beautiful but quite unflattering on her, most of all in the chest area, it’s too low. Also, she looks like a waxwork for me, she should pose in a more relaxed way, she looks like a stick.

• manja May 21, 2012 at 10:15 #

hahaha to “she looks like a stick” and so true