Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Naomi Watts was radiant on the red carpet for the ‘Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted’ premiere during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival at the Palais des Festivals this evening.

She opted to wear a beautiful Marchesa Fall 2012 gown.

Many of you objected to the over-the-top frou frouness of Eva Longoria’s opening night Marchesa gown, so how does this nude feather-embroidered illusion dress with cascade skirt fair in your eyes?

As someone said earlier, Naomi gets better with every red carpet appearance. Consider this case in point.

Marcel waves with feather accents, a silver embellished clutch and a Chopard white diamond collar necklace completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Jane Fonda In Roberto Cavalli - ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jane Fonda In Roberto Cavalli – ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

50 Responses to Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Fer May 18, 2012 at 19:27 #

I love the gown, but i find the necklace really unnecessary, but, overall this look is amazing, she looks gorgeous, and the details in the dress are to die for.

• Leti May 18, 2012 at 20:16 #

I completely agree.

• julietinmay May 18, 2012 at 22:18 #

Completely agree

• Mol May 18, 2012 at 23:57 #

Ditto

• Hisadora May 19, 2012 at 02:33 #

Agreed. Necklace totally unnecessary!!!

• Jess2 May 19, 2012 at 10:37 #

I completely agree also! The dress is breathtaking and Naomi just gets more and more beautiful.

• Emi May 20, 2012 at 09:18 #

I agree with you, the necklace was unnecessary, I would prefer a bracelet. The detail of the dress and the hair are incredibly beautiful.

• niCk June 1, 2012 at 18:07 #

agreed.

2. Alina May 18, 2012 at 19:28 #

WOW! DIVINE!

Best day at 2012 Cannes Film Festival, by far.

3. Yeliz May 18, 2012 at 19:32 #

The necklace is unnecessary in my opinion but the rest is stunning! She is radiant. Love the feather accents on her hair.

4. Nat39 May 18, 2012 at 19:34 #

It’s lovely (although not really excited about it personally) but the jewellery should’ve been in gold, silver is jarring to my eye in this case.

• FashionPhD May 18, 2012 at 19:35 #

my first thought! The jewellery was a bit odd!

• DSI May 18, 2012 at 19:38 #

Agree. The jewellery does not go with the dress and its feminine nature. A more delicate necklace would have done some good!

• justme May 18, 2012 at 20:43 #

My thoughts exactly.

5. FashionPhD May 18, 2012 at 19:35 #

Absolute love!
    Dont like the hair much
    but the back is nice with matching flowers :)

6. fromchi-town May 18, 2012 at 19:35 #

She looks beautiful – but that choker is killing the look. I can’t focus on anything but her neck. That necklace just looks so out of place with the rest of the outfit.

7. Ioana May 18, 2012 at 19:37 #

I love the dress, the color, the details are amazing.
    I love her hairstyle, her simple makeup.
    BUT (there’s a “but”) I totally DISLIKE the necklace. So what if they’re diamonds/ Chopard/ whatever?! For me, it’s too big, too heavy and brings the whole look down…

She gets a 9+ from me. I don’t get too often excited by Naomi’s red carpet looks, but this a moment to remember. :)

8. shap_half May 18, 2012 at 19:37 #

The necklace works in the long shot but not in the close-up.
    She looks pretty, nothing super sensational, but pretty.

9. dunzoo May 18, 2012 at 19:38 #

this doesn’t work for me. the dress is ok but makes her look boxy. the bun is poorly done, the necklace is way too heavy for this kind of dress and her make up is awful

10. Sabina May 18, 2012 at 19:39 #

Indeed too frou-frou for me, much more so than Eva’s dress…borderline girly as she is too old for the flowers in the hair and that necklace is so unnecessary. Also, I would have preferred this dress on a brunette as it washes her out.

11. A. May 18, 2012 at 19:40 #

I agree. The necklace really wasn’t required. But look at that gown, it’s so dreamy and pretty. It’s an almost for me. If she hadn’t worn that necklace, I’d have liked the look much more

12. Lisa May 18, 2012 at 19:41 #

I can’t believe these words are coming out of my mouth – but I dont like the diamond jewelry (with the dress). Actually kills me to say that…

13. Jen May 18, 2012 at 19:56 #

The dress itself is lovely but the colour does nothing for her whatsoever, complete wash-out. And agree with the others, the necklace doesn’t compliment it. Individually everything is nice but not together on Naomi.

• vicky May 18, 2012 at 20:59 #

Also think this would suit a brunette better.

• Christine May 18, 2012 at 21:48 #

I agree. My thoughts exactly.

14. Malinda Jane May 18, 2012 at 19:58 #

The details are undeniably beautiful but it washes her out. I wish she’d at least have worn a saturated lip colour.

I’m bored of nude/blush gowns. It seems that most of the intricate, delicate gowns we’ve seen in recent months have been this sort of nude tone and they’ve all become more of the same.
    Thank god for Jada and Freida bringing some colour to Cannes.

15. sahil May 18, 2012 at 20:01 #

naomi is luking head to toe gorgeous in this Marchesa gown.. and her cute smile is icing on the cake.. :*

16. Sara B. May 18, 2012 at 20:03 #

Add me to the list of those who don’t like the necklace with the gown, and her hair is the wrong blonde for her skin tone. But that gown is perfect for her.

17. Tina May 18, 2012 at 20:06 #

I actually quite like this dress. Not too sure about her hair and accessories, but honestly, this is quite a Marchesa dress! Better than Eva’s IMO.

18. Médée May 18, 2012 at 20:09 #

This gown is incredible ! I facinated by the sheer skirt, it looks so delicate.

Naomi is gorgeous, but I think I would have prefered a more discret necklace (or none).

19. Dhppy May 18, 2012 at 20:09 #

Overall, it’s nice. Yes, I found the necklace distracting up close, and the dress doesn’t come in enough at the waist, and it’s very fairy tale princess, but I can get past it. Never deny a blonde a Grace Kelly moment.

20. Jones19 May 18, 2012 at 20:11 #

Oh my wow! The jewels are a little too gaudy for the delicate nature of this dress though.

21. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 20:12 #

Would have preferred gold jewelry. Other than that, PERFECTION! Love the soft romantic beauty of this dress–she is a serious BDOTD contender for me, along with Fan Bing Bing (in Valentino)Jada Pinkett Smith (in Alberta Feretti) and Jessica Chastain (in Dolce & Gabbana, for the daytime wear end of things)
    Fan is my favorite, I think, followed by Naomi.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 20:14 #

The necklace and the clutch go well together, though.

22. the(un?)social butterfly May 18, 2012 at 20:12 #

To me, this is the best of all Festival looks so far — in spite of the necklace, that does seem out of place. But it just doesn´t matter. Such a beautiful gown, and I loved the hair and make-up.

23. roxy May 18, 2012 at 20:29 #

Finally a Marchesa dress I can get behind! The necklace doesn’t go; should have been more delicate and in a warm tone. The front of her hairdo looks too rigid for such a flowy/feminine dress. The back is lovely.

24. Rebecca Z May 18, 2012 at 20:35 #

I want to like this because i really like her, but it’s not working for me. The necklace is too much, don’t like her hair and makeup is shiny. And the dress is forgettable. Loved the Calvin Klein she wore earlier–much more her thing, in my opinion.

25. nat May 18, 2012 at 20:59 #

She killed a wonderful dress!! Why such hair? such necklade? I almost felt a heart attack!

26. Tiffany May 18, 2012 at 21:17 #

I like the necklace. Breaks up the monotony of her skin tone and the dresses nude tone. Plus adds a little bit of bluntness to an otherwise soft look.

27. Zineb May 18, 2012 at 21:36 #

Minus the necklace, it would’ve been perfect! You can’t wear too much jewels with a Marchesa. There’s so much going on already.

28. Christine May 18, 2012 at 21:48 #

I like the dress without the added silver clutch and necklace.

29. Paddy M May 18, 2012 at 22:08 #

She killed it at Cannes two years ago. I’m so glad she’s back! Naomi tends to pull an Eva Longoria at Cannes by the looks of things – good all year around, but great during these few days.

30. kat May 18, 2012 at 23:56 #

I just found my BDOTW – she looks absolutely divine and the dress is piece of art! And hadn’t she wear the necklace, it might be my BDOTY…

31. Jess May 19, 2012 at 00:03 #

certainly better than Eva’s dress…but the necklace is too heavy and unnecessary, plus this colour washes her out

32. june May 19, 2012 at 02:11 #

i love, love everything about this. this is how to do frou frou without it exploding everything ala eva’s dress. i too, think the necklace is unnecessary, but i appreciate that she didn’t want to be nude coloured head to toe and blend entirely into her dress.

33. taksi May 19, 2012 at 04:45 #

I don’t like it…Up close the dress is fine but from afar it looks like something is molting; the color isn’t helping. The necklace is really too much; Marchesa already has a tendency to be too frou-frou. Keeping it simple would have been better.

34. Wong Hiao Hiao May 19, 2012 at 08:18 #

On any other occasion, she would have been divine. But after Pas Vegas …

35. zoe May 19, 2012 at 09:57 #

this look is definately a candidate for BDOTY…in my humble opinion. seriously, she looks divine! everything is melting together and it looks like she is aglow with a mysterious light!

36. Amy May 20, 2012 at 01:11 #

the feathers details are amazing but I really wish the dress was not nude, I’m a bit sick of nude-tulle looks.
    However I can deny she looks good

37. lex May 20, 2012 at 15:09 #

This is so unbelievably gorgeous! She is perfect!