Freida Pinto attended the photocall for her latest movie, ‘Desert Dancer’ during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in France earlier today.

The Indian actress looked sensational wearing a Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 ensemble.

This striped oufit which included a cropped halter top and matching belted skirt couldn’t be more perfect for a daytime look with the French Rivieria in the background.

Freida has really come into her own during this festival. So far she has been my favourite as her looks have stood out even with the likes of Diane Kruger and Fan Bingbing in attendance.

A simple ponytail and two-tone sandals that finally complement her look provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Paz Vega In Giorgio Armani - 2012 Trophée Chopard Party

Paz Vega In Giorgio Armani – 2012 Trophée Chopard Party

30 Responses to Freida Pinto In Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘Desert Dancer’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. Yeliz May 18, 2012 at 14:03 #

Wow, what an effortlessly gorgeous look! Love it.

• admmgz May 18, 2012 at 18:43 #

• Jess2 May 19, 2012 at 07:48 #

+2 – completely perfect look, this may even be my favourite so far!!

2. Alina May 18, 2012 at 14:06 #

At first I didn’t like this, but it has really grown on me.

3. Pablo May 18, 2012 at 14:06 #

Beautiful. I love how these ladies put that extra effort to look impeccable during Cannes!

4. the(un?)social butterfly May 18, 2012 at 14:09 #

I think at some point a reflection should be made about the massive return of the crop top + high wasted skirt combo. This is not a critique — I find myself attracted to it — but at the same time, it amazes me the almost instantaneous acceptance of this new reading of the trend because not a long while ago, it was the height of tacky. How can those runway shows transform our minds so deeply? Or is it the subtle detail — the updates on prints, lines — that make it entirely different from what we used to do?

• mm May 18, 2012 at 14:27 #

good point. I think it only works when the entire look is not overtly sexy like a crop top and booty shorts

• Médée May 18, 2012 at 17:01 #

I started seeing the crop tee + high wasted skirt combo on many fashion blogs (personal blogs with “outfit of the day” and lots of visitors) around the end of last summer.

But your question is a very good one : where thoses blogers imitating something from designers latest collections, or are those actually inspiring designers by copying each others and invading the internet with a trend ?

5. Alexia May 18, 2012 at 14:14 #

This has to be my favourite look of her so far in Cannes. As you said, she look sensational!

6. Erica May 18, 2012 at 14:21 #

Effortless chic!

It’s the first time since the awards season of 2009 that we’ve seen so much of Freida on the red carpet. And boy is she uber confident, classy, chic and diverse? Way to go Freida!

7. chryssa May 18, 2012 at 14:24 #

she looks beautiful!great looks so far…

8. Emmeline May 18, 2012 at 14:25 #

Gorgeous! Couldn’t be more perfect for a day in Cannes. It’s definitely one of my favorite looks so far.

9. A. May 18, 2012 at 14:25 #

she’s so slim. and look. she got her footwear right.

10. Badaboum May 18, 2012 at 14:26 #

At last!
    She had failed to impressed me so far, I felt like she didn’t really owned the outfits (besides maybe the white Paco Rabanne dress).
    This feels like “Freida Pinto”.

Any idea where the shoes are from?

11. mm May 18, 2012 at 14:28 #

i agree with your those on frieda. usually i find her boring and non sexy.But i have loved every last look so far!

12. bm May 18, 2012 at 14:43 #

Wow, just wow.
    Sexy, sophisticated, and confidence . She is just glowing in those outfit.
    This is my best dressed today.

13. fromchi-town May 18, 2012 at 14:44 #

Wowza!! Such a chic look – totally love it. She has been phenomenal throughout with her fashion choices.

14. Marybeth May 18, 2012 at 14:59 #

WOW.
    It will be hard to top this look today!

15. DSI May 18, 2012 at 15:13 #

Fabulous. Cant ask for more! Freida has been having an adorable run at Cannes this year. So glad that she got the footwear right, this time around! ;)

16. asherlev1 May 18, 2012 at 15:13 #

She wins. I don’t know what she wins, but after all these amazing looks, I am in total awe of her.

17. dee May 18, 2012 at 15:27 #

Love this, something different and fresh. Great shoes too.

18. justme May 18, 2012 at 15:32 #

She’s turning me into a fan.
    She’s managed to give us something different at every Cannes appearance.
    Kudos to her and her (new?) stylist.

19. rita May 18, 2012 at 15:48 #

I agree with everyone here! She has been nothing but amazing. She beats them all so far. Original, sexy, fresh and so classy all in one!

20. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 15:59 #

I just CANNOT like crop tops. If it was not a crop top then this would be one of my favorite looks of hers ever. LOVE the skirt, the shoes, and the clean fresh colors–perfect for the seaside.

21. Mol May 18, 2012 at 16:56 #

Sexy in a clean fresh way, and, even for those who don’t normally like crop tops, this seems perfect for a Cannes photocall, I mean, look at that back drop! And at last, the shoes are right.

22. Rash May 18, 2012 at 18:21 #

Wowowow! Now that’s just perfect from head to toe! Just saw few close ups, her face is sooooooo fresh like this overall look! And ya finally she got the shoe right ;-)

23. Christine May 18, 2012 at 22:06 #

Much better shoes and BDOTD for me :) She is one of my favs at Cannes too FC :D

24. Dhppy May 19, 2012 at 00:34 #

I am amazed with her sartorial turn around as of late. She used to dress so forgettably, which for a face that beautiful, is an impressive feat. But lately, she has been on a roll. This is fantastic.

25. pipsqueak May 19, 2012 at 03:58 #

Cute summery dress. Frieda looked better than the model. But then again … what did I say about her legs and poses? She really needs to learn how to pose.

26. antoneLLina May 19, 2012 at 13:34 #

I don’t know why, but Freida’s feet look always so strange,weird. sometimes they look like enormous, sometimes crooked. Am I crazy :) ?
    leaving out the feet, I really like the ensamble!