18.05.12

Calvin Klein ‘Women In Film’ Celebration

Calvin Klein celebrated Women In Film during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival yesterday evening, inviting a host of beautiful stars.

Jessica Chastain: I had to peel myself off the floor when I saw Jessica carrying a clutch. Is this a first? I think so. The Oscar-nominated star, who has gone hands-free since bursting onto the scene last year, carried a clutch – yes a clutch – with her Calvin Klein long-sleeve coral mini dress – a Kodak moment if I ever saw one. Like Diane she wore white heels, but unlike Diane, her Elie Saab heels do not get a pass.

Naomi Watts: The Australian actress wore one of Calvin Klein’s signature nude slip dresses with a plunging neckline. She oozed sophistication in her naked dress which she teamed with a chain-accented clutch. She was my favourite at this event.

Shailene Woodley: On a busy night for the star, she also attended this event wearing a peachy Calvin Klein dress with suede sandals. She completed her look with a half-up, half-down hairstyle.

Lara Stone: I have always wondered what is so fascinating about Lara Stone, but on inspection of this horrid silver Calvin Klein dress which is creased to high heaven, today is not the day I will find out.

Hayley Atwell: From the bangs, which are too long, to the lip colour, which is too dark, to the dress, which is meh at best, to the Sergio Rossi heels, which don’t work with her look, this is a disaster from head-to-toe for Hayley Atwell. This whole look needed a rethink before heading out the door.

Jada Pinkett Smith: I think it is safe to say that Jada wasn’t wearing a Calvin Klein dress. The actress donned a petrol-blue Paco Rabanne Spring 2012 dress with bold shoulders and a plunge which grazed her naval. I bet the minimalist police were going crazy at this event when she walked in.

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Sultry, Smoky Eye Makeup

Get The Look: Jessica Alba’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Sultry, Smoky Eye Makeup

Fan BingBing In Valentino Couture - L'Oreal Paris 15th Anniversary Dinner

Fan BingBing In Valentino Couture – L’Oreal Paris 15th Anniversary Dinner

29 Responses to Calvin Klein ‘Women In Film’ Celebration

1. kat May 18, 2012 at 10:24 #

Is it me, or does Naomi Watts look better and better each time she steps on the red carpet? :) She looks so gorgeous and freshed faced here, I can’t believe she’s over 40! Easily the best dressed at this event. Even Queen Diane can’t beat her here.

And for Shailene Woodley, is she ever going to change her hairstyle? I thinks she always has her hair down, which ruins most of her looks for me…

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2012 at 11:16 #

No..I totally agree

2. Amy May 18, 2012 at 10:39 #

Jada is wearing a Paco Rabanne s/s 12 dress.

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2012 at 11:31 #

3. Dee May 18, 2012 at 11:18 #

Jada’s dress is paco rabanne. love that color on her.

and seriously, does Lara Stone have NO friends, stylists, well-wishers etc. etc. to introduce her to an iron/steamer/another dress? How unfortunate.

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2012 at 11:32 #

thanks Dee

4. Yeliz May 18, 2012 at 12:23 #

1.Naomi Watts
    2.Jessica Chastain
    3.Shailene Woodley

Don’t like the second row at all, especially Lara Stone. I don’t know how to describe my shock when I saw Jessica carrying a clutch. Everything has a first time apparently.

5. Emmeline May 18, 2012 at 12:31 #

I nearly screamed last night when I saw pictures of Jessica with that clutch. I immediately thought of you, FC.

No one’s really blowing me away at this event, but I think Naomi’s the best dressed by far. I like that color on Jessica, but that’s about it. And I wish Shailene would do something different with her hair.

6. Christine May 18, 2012 at 12:54 #

Jessica is wearing Elie Saab heels :)

7. Dolly May 18, 2012 at 12:55 #

Wow, Naomi looked ridiculously hot here! Def a case of getting more attractive with age

8. Christine May 18, 2012 at 12:56 #

“I bet the minimalist police were going crazy at this event when she walked in.”

LOL. I like Jada’s dress.

9. dee May 18, 2012 at 13:05 #

I only like Naomi’s look but I wish it was another color.

10. Alina May 18, 2012 at 13:14 #

Naomi is by far the best dressed at this event, mostly because minimalist is her thing.

11. bm May 18, 2012 at 13:18 #

Hands down for Naomi, cos she is also my dressed at this event. And Jada’s dress seems wearing her. And other’s look is so forgettable.

12. Riley May 18, 2012 at 13:33 #

*Gives FC a Clutch Celebration High Five*.

The only people who are selling the minimalist look are Naomi Watts and Shailene Woodley, both minimalist girls.

Hayley clearly doesn’t have a stylist.

This is the Jada I don’t like. Eyeroll Jada.

13. Henrique May 18, 2012 at 13:39 #

Lara is my favourite model but I have to say her dress looks awful. Naomi is my favourite here, so beautiful.

14. Leti May 18, 2012 at 14:27 #

I think Naomi and Jada are standouts here, and I love that they’re both in their 40′s. As for Shailene, the hair is killing me. It’s all I see! If only she had pulled her hair back so we could see that lovely dress, I might have loved this look.

15. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 15:55 #

YEAH to Jessica for FINALLY carrying a clutch! I like her dress but the hair is a bit harsh and the shoes don’t work. That said, she gets major points for the clutch :)
    Naomi…is very blah and too lingerie-like to me.
    Love Shailene’s dress but she needed her hair pulled back. She has lovely hair but it is overpowering this look.
    Lara looks horrendous
    So does Hayley, which is sad. WHOSE IDEA WERE THOSE BANGS?
    Jada looks ridiculous.

16. gabis May 18, 2012 at 18:09 #

It’s kills me to realize that I didn’t like any of these dresses. Calvin Klein seems to be having a HUGE fitting problem. If you look closely, except perhaps for the one Jessica Chastain’s wearing, none of the other dresses have a perfect fitting, not even Naomi’s. I love minimalism, but if you’re going for that road, your dress must be nothing less than perfectly put together. Otherwise all you will achieve is a plain and sloppy look.

17. Dhppy May 18, 2012 at 19:24 #

Naomi ( who upon first glance I thought was Gwyneth) is the only one I really like here. Oh, Calvin Klein used to be so much more interesting. Time for a shake up?

18. Shaina May 18, 2012 at 22:32 #

This was not a very well dressed event from what I’m seeing. I’m not a fan of Jada’s dress at all. Not even a little. Lara needs more coverage, Jessica’s dress doesn’t work with the clutch and the shoes, Shailene needs a new hairstyle and Hayley just needs Jesus at this point.

19. Parvati May 18, 2012 at 23:35 #

Wow, about Jessica Chastain carrying a clutch! I actually think I like her shoes better than her dress!

About Lara Stone, is her dress really that creased, or is the design which makes it look like this?

20. Hisadora May 19, 2012 at 03:06 #

When I first saw a photo of Jessica Chastain at these event I immediately thought about you FC, and yes I’m also delighted by this moment!!!

21. Angela May 19, 2012 at 03:43 #

Oh my goodness. That second row….. There are no words to describe what a disaster those looks are. I have never been a lover of minimalism, and that second row reinforced my opinion tenfold. Shailene, ditch those locks.