Jaime King In Proenza Schouler – The CW Network’s New York 2012 Upfront

Jaime King joined Rachel Bilson at The CW Network’s 2012 Upfront presentation for ‘Hart of Dixie’ in New York City earlier today.

The actress has never been one to shy away from making bold choices on the red carpet, so I’m not surprised to see her wearing this Proenza Schouler Spring 2012 ensemble despite not having rock-hard abs like the model.

Her look consisted of a Hibiscus-print yellow-and-green high-waist skirt teamed with a black-and-white bustier top.

I guess if you have the body to wear it, why not.

For her arrival, Jaime did add a Rag & Bone blazer and a white Proenza Schouler PS11 clutch to the look.

Do you like the look with or without the blazer?

Hot pink lips and Giuseppe Zanotti sandals provided the finishing touches.

I’m not sure I’m sold on Jaime as a redhead.

You can buy Jaime’s Proenza Schouler PS11 clutch in black from Net-A-Porter.com and farfetch.com.

Rachel Bilson In Chanel - The CW Network's New York 2012 Upfront

Rachel Bilson In Chanel – The CW Network’s New York 2012 Upfront

Jennifer Lopez' Milly Hayden Pintuck Trousers

Jennifer Lopez’ Milly Hayden Pintuck Trousers

23 Responses to Jaime King In Proenza Schouler – The CW Network’s New York 2012 Upfront

1. Jo May 17, 2012 at 17:58 #

Obviously she is super-slim and can more than rock a crop top but not this one – it’s sitting very low and is doing nothing for her bust at all – I think she needed some straps. The runway model however looks incredible!! If I had abs like that I would ONLY wear crop tops…

• Jones19 May 18, 2012 at 19:06 #

+1 The saggy bust is terrible.

• barbogarbo May 18, 2012 at 20:19 #

The runway model looks horrible to me, it seems like an alien baby is about to come out of her stomach…

2. Ro May 17, 2012 at 17:58 #

While she has an amazing body, I feel like we’re just seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction.

3. dee May 17, 2012 at 18:01 #

I don’t like it at all.

4. Nat39 May 17, 2012 at 18:03 #

Dislike it either way. Why would you wanna present your tiny bust in such an unflattering way …the bralet sits way too low. The blazer isn’t working either – too formal and heavy for this look.

5. andrea May 17, 2012 at 18:04 #

This outfit is not working for me at all, she has no hips to fill out the beautiful skirt and I’m sorry I may be old-fashioned but exposed midriffs do not belong on the red carpet. And why is there so much space between her bosom and neck, it looks awkward and bare. Last, the lips and hair clash. Thumbs down from me.

6. J May 17, 2012 at 18:12 #

I think she looks great, albeit I liked her more as a blonde. I do hope she pulled up the top soon after this photo was taken… It’s so low, it looks like she could have a wardrobe malfunction at any moment

7. Sara May 17, 2012 at 18:15 #

THe top is sitting so low. Makes her look like she has saggy boobs… Looks quite odd

8. asherlev1 May 17, 2012 at 18:19 #

Love it! I think the new hair color complements her outfit too, so I’m okay with how it looks so far!

9. Alina May 17, 2012 at 18:22 #

What’s happening to her?

10. Yeliz May 17, 2012 at 18:25 #

I think it looks much better on Jaime with the skirt worn higher.
    I like this look without the blazer and find her hair to be totally ok after her blue hair disaster.

11. Jacqu May 17, 2012 at 18:30 #

I don’t think that’s the body to wear it, she looks way too skinny.

12. noo May 17, 2012 at 18:41 #

i like this look, i think jamie looks cute!

13. dunzoo May 17, 2012 at 19:03 #

i like it, it’s better without the blazer IMO. She looks super cute, but the top is sitting way too low. I think SJP would rock this outfit

14. oksana May 17, 2012 at 19:17 #

i think very beautiful without blazer. yes top is very low maybe her boobs are a little bit lower, some women made that way. i like it. different beautiful sexy. not sure about the hair

15. Tiffany May 17, 2012 at 19:45 #

Since you asked, FC, I’ll tell you why not ;) Because she are not walking on the beach in Miami or St. Tropez. Or because she wants to be taken seriously at upfronts. Or it’s not *actually* 90+ degrees out. I can think of many reasons not to wear this.

• Fashion Critic May 17, 2012 at 19:52 #

lol…cute

16. Riley May 17, 2012 at 22:55 #

I do buy Jaime King as a red head, but her roots need to be the same color as her hair. The roots really ruin the hair color, but once she gets her roots done regularly, the color might grow.

I like the look with the blazer, but I also like it without the blazer. Jaime gets a pass on this look as she has a sporty vibe to her for some reason.

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 03:43 #

I like the red hair but the bralet is SO tacky. Therefore I prefer it with the blazer but since I don’t like the skirt, the whole look falls flat to me. :(

18. Christine May 18, 2012 at 05:14 #

Hmm she is becoming a fashion head. But I do not like this outfit on her.

19. Riley May 18, 2012 at 13:31 #

It’s hard to notice Jaime when I’m staring at the model’s stomach…is it me or does it look weird?

20. Shaina May 18, 2012 at 22:42 #

I’m not a huge fan of crop tops but I know for a fact that I dont like this look on Jaime. It would work wonders on someone else though. The red hair is okay, at least she got those tacky highlights out.