17.05.12

Eva Herzigova’s – Tribute to Marilyn Monroe – Chopard Jewels

As the official partner of Cannes Festival for the 15th consecutive year, Chopard pays tribute to Marilyn Monroe with the exhibition of photography and jewelry.

The jewelry collection that honours Marilyn’s beauty was designed by Caroline Scheufele, artistic director and co-president of Chopard.

Eva Herzigova stepped out on the red carpet last night wearing a Dolce & Gabbana custom gown with a Chopard necklace inspired by Monroe’s timeless elegance.

The Marilyn Monroe Tribute Set includes the necklace and matching earrings, which are also set with brilliants, briolettes and heart-shaped diamonds. The impressive set uses over 210 carats in diamonds.

The exhibit, called ‘Diamonds and Glamour: Marilyn Monroe and Chopard’, will be previewed in the Chopard Lounge at the Hotel Martinez throughout the Cannes Festival, before touring the world during the rest of the year.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Richie's Helmut Lang Stretch Leather Skinny Pants

Nicole Richie’s Helmut Lang Stretch Leather Skinny Pants

Get Virginie Ledoyen's Cannes Glow In 5 Easy Steps

Get Virginie Ledoyen’s Cannes Glow In 5 Easy Steps

9 Responses to Eva Herzigova’s – Tribute to Marilyn Monroe – Chopard Jewels

1. CTgirl May 17, 2012 at 12:54 #

Wow. She looks so harsh. I also can’t get behind this type of necklace worn with this dress neckline. It begins to look like 1912 rather than 2012.

2. Luis May 17, 2012 at 13:19 #

She looks so thin and old. Jane Fonda has a younger cleavage!

3. Molly May 17, 2012 at 13:20 #

Im not a fan of that necklace. It looks like one of those cheap things that you buy from a costume shop to go with your Halloween costume, not like a handmade Chopard necklace worth millions.

4. Beta May 17, 2012 at 13:53 #

Before more criticism starts pouring in, id like to add that Eva looks fantastic. She’s 39 years old, she doesn’t look ‘harsh’ in my opinion, she looks unretouched & normal.
    I dislike that women are expected to looks 20 years younger.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 03:09 #

I totally agree with you. She is a beautiful woman who LOOKS HER AGE. That is even more beautiful than if she looked like 20 year old. The necklace was gorgeous and the dress was amazing.

5. gabis May 17, 2012 at 15:27 #

Her look was somewhat disappointing in my opinion. I thought the whole point was to highlight the necklace and earrings which didn’t exactly happen thanks to her sparkling embroidered crystal gown. The only thing that prevented the dress from completely outshine the jewelry was the neckline.

6. Sharon May 18, 2012 at 00:48 #

Eva is a beautiful woman at any age, but she may not have been the perfect choice as a model. I can see Marilyn in the necklace and earrings, but a strapless dress without all the crystals would have served her memory better.

7. Teleholic May 18, 2012 at 02:48 #

You were cited on Fashionista!

fashionista.com/2012/05/on-the-red-carpet-at-cannes-see-what-everyone-wore/opening-night-dinner-65th-annual-cannes-film-festival-2/

(By the way, let me know if you’re already getting notifications of mentions. Just trying to help but don’t wanna be redundant!)

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2012 at 07:46 #

I saw that one, but that’s because I am a huge fan of that site and read it everyday.

If you see others, please let me know. I often miss them as I’m glued to my own site :D

Thanks