Before Kristen Stewart heads to Cannes Film Festival, she attended a photocall at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Berlin, Germany earlier today for her new movie, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’.

Seeing Kristen in a short mini dress has become a bit redundant to some of you, so you’ll be pleased to discover that she gave us a calf-length dress on this occasion.

Maybe she’s taking note of your comments because this 10 Crosby by Derek Lam Fall 2012 dress is totally refreshing, no?

Her form-fitting chequered jersey dress with a crew neck and long sleeves was teamed with a black military-style belt from the McQ Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 collection.

This belt excites me because it could mean we have a look from the McQ Collection to look forward to.

After shocking us by wearing electric blue pumps on her last red carpet appearance, it was back to black for Kristen, who sported Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps, but changed into flats when greeting her fans.

A wispy updo and a dark pink lip colour completed her look.

This is my favourite look from her so far, as much as I loved the Preen and Marchesa.

Which was your favourite?

Credit: modaoperandi.com & Bauer Griffin

44 Comments
Helena Christensen's Marc By Marc Jacobs Palmetto Eyelet Dress

Helena Christensen’s Marc By Marc Jacobs Palmetto Eyelet Dress

Beauty Trend Spotting: The Dark Lip

Beauty Trend Spotting: The Dark Lip

44 Responses to Kristen Stewart In 10 Crosby Derek Lam – ‘Snow White And The Huntsman’ Berlin Photocall

1. Riley May 16, 2012 at 16:14 #

This look is refreshing and interesting, though I feel it is more her stylist than Kristen.

The belt was an excellent addition.

• piecesly.co.nr May 16, 2012 at 19:54 #

Amen on the belt…it gave it some kinda of form or i guess helped define her small waist which suits the dress

• Vidhya May 16, 2012 at 21:13 #

Thats one badass belt.

2. robbie May 16, 2012 at 16:14 #

finally something classy and ladylike, now if only she could try posing a little more ladylike.

• T from Sydney May 16, 2012 at 16:36 #

there are some groups shots of her posing and working the dress. by her self she just awkward.

is it just me but i find she looks like se enjoys this promo tour than the twilight movies.

• workshy May 16, 2012 at 16:37 #

what exactly is a lady-like pose?

• robbie May 16, 2012 at 19:10 #

keeping her legs together would be a great start.

• J May 16, 2012 at 17:56 #

Agree. For some reason, she always looks tomboyish even in dressy dresses.

3. Aly May 16, 2012 at 16:20 #

rarely speechless

4. Thomas May 16, 2012 at 16:20 #

I have to go with Preen as I wish this hit just above the knee or at the knee I dont think this hem looks good on anyone who isnt 6’1 or taller

• bas May 16, 2012 at 16:43 #

• bm May 16, 2012 at 17:22 #

+ 1.
      And i’m not too vocal about her love of short dresses(she’s still teenage, unless if she is JLo). And i love the blue pumps with the colorful dress.

5. Lola May 16, 2012 at 16:20 #

Beautiful ! ! ! ~

6. Susie May 16, 2012 at 16:21 #

The belt is a great addition to the dress. She looks amazing. And wearing a different color! Flawless.

7. Cathy May 16, 2012 at 16:22 #

It looks like a warm blanket for me, but still something good and new. Intresting to see what she’s save for the premiere.

8. Yeliz May 16, 2012 at 16:23 #

I knew she wouldn’t only wear shortened dresses. This look is definitely refreshing and I have to admit I would be angry at her too if she had shortened this dress. And to those who say she never wears her hair up, here it is.

I really hope that she wears something from the McQ F12 collection.

I loved her Marchesa and I really like this look too but Preen is my favorite. Loved everything there from the color to the styling.

Btw FC she will promote On The Road at Cannes not Snow White.

• Fashion Critic May 16, 2012 at 16:26 #

OK…

• noo May 16, 2012 at 16:32 #

i wish she had promoted snow white at cannes (because then we would get to see more charlize :D )

9. dee May 16, 2012 at 16:23 #

I like this alot but the Preen is my favorite look so far because of the colors.

10. Emmeline May 16, 2012 at 16:24 #

She should definitely stick with primary colors like this. They’re much more flattering on her than black. The length is horrible though. Knee length would have been much better.

11. Bilbo May 16, 2012 at 16:24 #

˜”*°•♥•°*”˜Lovely˜”*°•♥•°*”˜

12. Alina May 16, 2012 at 16:30 #

I like it. She still has to work at her posture.

13. Médée May 16, 2012 at 16:32 #

She looks great. I love this dress on her. I’m glad she put a belt, but I’m not a big fan of this particular belt as the chain looks a little bit off on this dress, with this soft make up, etc…

14. noo May 16, 2012 at 16:33 #

love the dress, but i prefer an edgier look on kristen because she really truly can’t pose in ladylike dresses!

15. Serena May 16, 2012 at 16:33 #

She looks really nice and different and I love the color, but the Preen one is still my favorite.

16. Hannah May 16, 2012 at 16:35 #

I agree, it is a total breath fo fresh air & the colours still make it very her. I sti find her posing pretty sad, her hair in need of a brush & her makeup frustrating, because she can be prettier than this, but it is a good look, and it is a definite good look for Kristen, but I still don’t think it is bdotw worthy, given other looks this week.

17. Mol May 16, 2012 at 16:36 #

I like this, but the Preen suited her to a T…

18. CTgirl May 16, 2012 at 16:51 #

Will miracles never cease? A flattering look on KS. Now, if only she would do something with the hair . . .

19. admmgz May 16, 2012 at 17:00 #

I really like this look & I absolutely love that the belt was added. Beautiful!!

20. Rebecca Z May 16, 2012 at 17:06 #

Dress is okay, but she doesn’t really know how to pull that length off. She looks better in knee length or above The makeup is gorgeous.

21. ayuni May 16, 2012 at 17:06 #

I’m glad she kept the length of the dress.. When I look back the archives I think Kristen do experiment with her red carpet style.

22. fromchi-town May 16, 2012 at 17:26 #

Wow – this is a complete turnaround for her. I am not a fan of her fashion choices, but this is a welcome change. The belt is a great addition and she looks great.

23. Valerie May 16, 2012 at 17:35 #

I also like it. It’s something different, yet it still suits her style. I’m glad she added the belt, it gives some edge. I’m not a big fan of black pumps either, but I can live with them on this occasion, could have been worse.

24. Parvati May 16, 2012 at 19:08 #

Although it’s a refreshing change that she didn’t opt for a mini skirt/dress , I find this length a bit awkward on her. Or maybe it’s just that her pose in this photo is rather awkward. I also really want to see her do something different with her hair.

25. zara May 16, 2012 at 19:38 #

bright color suit kristen but god knows why she keeps wearing black. this is a very welcomed change and I’m glad that she is trying to change up her typical style. funny how people were tired of her wearing knee length dresses and now that she is wearing a longer dress, people are wishing it was short

26. asherlev1 May 16, 2012 at 20:33 #

whtpewwheohewt I’m kind of saddened Kristen had these two amazing looks on Cannes week! What a shame she probably won’t make it to the BDOTW nominee list.

27. Christine May 16, 2012 at 22:46 #

Another A for me on this outing :)

28. chyc May 17, 2012 at 02:28 #

I prefer the Preen dress. She looks more comfortable in that dress than this one. She is still more suited to wearing short dresses.

29. EmmaWoodhouse May 17, 2012 at 02:40 #

LOVE this look. Despite the ugly Marchesa of the other day, she’s been doing well lately, imo. The Preen and then this. I’m so glad that it wasn’t shortened and I LOVE the addition of the belt–it brings the look to a whole new level. She looks great here. Red is an awesome color for her!
    Did this look (with the belt) remind anyone of the Michael Kors Fall RTW 2012 collection?

30. Niki May 17, 2012 at 03:43 #

Love it! A great colour on her and I adore the belt. I completely agree with you FC, I loved the Marchesa and Preen, but this is the best so far. My fingers and toes are crossed in hopes for some epic red carpet moments from her at Cannes.

31. Jess2 May 17, 2012 at 06:39 #

I am loving this look as well!! She looks really great, love the dress, the length and the styling!! Kristen and her stylist are doing a really great job this year :)

32. Emi May 17, 2012 at 08:53 #

This is my favorite look, romantic gowns are not for her.

33. manja May 17, 2012 at 08:57 #

I like it,she looks beautiful

34. Franka July 19, 2012 at 12:46 #

why people judge her posture? That is how she’s different from other elegant, ladylike celebrities on red carpet.