On the last hour of the day, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge won your votes for best dressed this week.

Wearing a jade-green Jenny Packham gown, Catherine did what some of us thought impossible: she wowed us with a braided bun to boot.

A historic fashion moment indeed.

As much as I was seduced by the Duchess, I think it would have been a travesty of monumental portions had Karolina Kurkova not been recognized for “shutting down” the Met Gala this week.

The event was a total snooze without her, let’s face it.

Her Rachel Zoe creation is what BDOTY lists were made for.

Credit: Getty

Julia Roberts In Valentino - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Melanie Chisholm In Victoria Beckham - ‘Our Greatest Team Rises – BOA Olympic Concert’

Melanie Chisholm In Victoria Beckham – ‘Our Greatest Team Rises – BOA Olympic Concert’

21 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham & Karolina Kurkova In Rachel Zoe

1. TL May 14, 2012 at 09:07 #

Totally agree with you FC, KK is definitely one of the BDOTY!

can’t wait for Cannes~

• T from Sydney May 14, 2012 at 09:53 #

agree 100%

2. Iris May 14, 2012 at 09:45 #

so wise, FC!

3. Alina May 14, 2012 at 10:32 #

You’re right, FC.
    Karolina deserved it.

• Tiffany Nicole May 15, 2012 at 04:53 #

4. Sharon May 14, 2012 at 13:40 #

The Duchess looked lovely this week, but please help this forgetful mind remember Karolina at year-end. She is absolutely gorgeous and has really raised my opinion of Rachel Zoe.

5. Amy May 14, 2012 at 14:02 #

Thanks for pointing out KK effort. I like Kate’s dress and the hairdo even more but KK was also stunning

6. Riley May 14, 2012 at 15:41 #

Nina Dorobev deserved an Honorable Mention as the Number Two choice after Karolina.

Both ladies are worthy winners. But Kate is still snoozeville. One lovely look isn’t going to take her off my Queens of Snoozeville and Red Carpet Mediocrity list.

7. Christine May 14, 2012 at 16:03 #

“would have been a travesty of monumental portions had Karolina Kurkova not been recognized for “shutting down” the Met Gala this week.

The event was a total snooze without her, let’s face it.

Her Rachel Zoe creation is what BDOTY lists were made for.”

!!!!! I couldn’t agree more :D Very well deserved! I am still in awe.

8. Julie May 14, 2012 at 16:41 #

FC, maybe I don’t understand fashion as much I think I do, but I just couldn’t get on board with the headpiece KK wore. It was overkill for me and thought a beautiful chignon or even high bun would have made this look perfect. I agree the dress is BDOTY worthy, but the total look bugged me. Just my honest opinion.

• Chisyelda May 14, 2012 at 17:55 #

Elsa Schiaparelli loved wearing turbans,so it’s kind of an homage to her in that way. And what better place to wear a turban than MET Gala? You certainly don’t wear it to events like the Oscars and Globes. While KK and the dress itself is already so amazing,the turban elevated the look to a whole new level. It wouldn’t look as high fashion without the turban. Thank you FC for picking KK,I also voted for her. While I get the fuss about Kate as she has presence and elegance in what she wears,she is not that stylish in my opinion.

• I agree! People seem to expect the prettiest of pretty gowns at the MET but I think it’s the only event where people can be as high fashion, couture and ridiculous as humanly possible because it’s meant to be a showcase of creativity and style, not necessarily prettiness.

• Jones19 May 14, 2012 at 20:11 #

I’m not a turban fan either but it was an homage to Elsa Schiaparelli and the gala this year was in her honor so that’s why she wore it :)

9. Nat39 May 14, 2012 at 17:25 #

While Catherine was pretty, Karolina was superb (!), I’m in awe of the major ‘Iman factor’. Stunning gown with the headpiece completing this magnificent look perfectly – a whole new superior level. She is moving on to my BDOTY list.

10. FelipeA May 14, 2012 at 18:10 #

KK is a fashion orgasm, and i can’t believe she didn’t win all around. People are such suckers for royalty. Yeah, the Duchess looks her best by far, but her best just wasn’t THE BEST

• Molly May 14, 2012 at 22:10 #

Agreed on all accounts.
      If Kate were any other celebrity, no one would have looked twice.

11. Fashionmint May 14, 2012 at 19:43 #

KK was what I wanted to see at the met gala all others were not at all at par..this year’s met was quiet meh as compared to previous years….

12. Pati May 14, 2012 at 20:15 #

KK floored me with her Met Gala look. This look was epic IMO. Perfection personified!

13. AnderBoBo May 14, 2012 at 21:35 #

So glad KK got some recognition and am hoping she shuts down the BDOTY list too!!

14. TeaAtTwo May 15, 2012 at 00:04 #

I’m so glad you picked Karolina, Catherine was great but Karolina glistened literally and figuratively.

15. EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2012 at 16:36 #

LOVED the Duchess’s look…she was stunningly gorgeous. I guessed that you’d pick Karolina, though, FC, because she deserved recognition! :D