11.05.12 Premiere

Rihanna In Adam Selman – ‘Battleship’ LA Premiere

Rihanna hit the red carpet last night for the LA premiere of her latest movie, ‘Battleship’, held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live.

The singer draped an Adam Selman white halter gown over her toned body.

Her sexy gown with a thigh-high split, cowl neckline and an open back is let down by some lazy styling.

Is it me or does RiRi look like she just got out of the shower, towel dried her hair, threw this dress on hoping it would do all the work and apply red lippie to prevent her looking washed out and exhausted?

Her gown was styled with Vhernier and Neil Lane jewels plus her favourite Manolo Blahnik sandals in white.

Nice attempt, but I’m not wowed like I should be by this look.

Rihanna and Adam Selman have worked together on several occasion as he created her tour customs for Rihanna’s ‘Loud’ tour.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Cynthia Rowley Better? Emmy Rossum or Ariel Winter

Who Wore Cynthia Rowley Better? Emmy Rossum or Ariel Winter

Brooklyn Decker In Christian Dior -  'Battleship' LA Premiere

Brooklyn Decker In Christian Dior – ‘Battleship’ LA Premiere

29 Responses to Rihanna In Adam Selman – ‘Battleship’ LA Premiere

1. T from Sydney May 11, 2012 at 10:45 #

i was watching the live stream i did not like it at all.

considering they were waiting on her to start the movie and had to delay the start for 20 min and extend the live coverage…there is no effort at all.

she was just in the hospital for the flu and exhaustion….

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 10:56 #

Oooh…that explains a lot. It really showed that she was exhausted

• Emi May 11, 2012 at 21:10 #

Months ago they used the same excuse but she didn’t have flu… she just partied and drank too much. I think this look could be great, what a pity. I love her with black hair and I love the red lips.

2. Arlena May 11, 2012 at 10:50 #

This is an amazing look from a distance, but as soon as you zoom in on the face it becomes very apparent that the poor girl is suffering from incredible exhaustion. If she’d worn this on a day when she had the energy to do her usual sexy tough chick shtick it would have been a knock out.

3. robbie May 11, 2012 at 11:16 #

she looks like she was up all night. the dress is rather beautiful on her, but maybe im old fashioned i dont really like the fact she has a deep neckline and a high slit on the dress, one of them would have been better.

4. Amy May 11, 2012 at 11:35 #

Guys, easy on her. You’re almost right, Rihanna was at the hospital. She tweeted pictures of herself being given infusion.
    The outfit is a bit too sexy for me, high slit and deep cleavage but she looks good anyway.

5. Yeliz May 11, 2012 at 11:40 #

A thigh-high split, cowl neckline and an open back. It’s too revealing for my taste.
    I can see that she is really exhausted though.

6. bm May 11, 2012 at 12:32 #

I kept asking this question on my head,
    “If she was at the hospital before, why her stylist, instead give her a long sleeve gown or something that will cover her body, but gave her this very revealing dress ?

7. dee May 11, 2012 at 13:18 #

Too revealing for my liking.

8. Riley May 11, 2012 at 13:26 #

This is like Anja Rubik at the Met Gala- lazy and attention seeking.

She should’ve gone for a classy look. This is sleezy and like a lot of other looks she has worn.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 11, 2012 at 22:39 #

Totally agree. She needs to cover up and be elegant for once.

9. Alina May 11, 2012 at 13:32 #

Bleah…

10. fromchi-town May 11, 2012 at 14:31 #

I like it – though she looks tired. But also agree that it is a bit too revealing even for RiRi

11. Tina May 11, 2012 at 14:43 #

I think the gown is fine on her. I like that she’s toned her style down a little for movie promo. Sexy but not too crazy. But it’s kind of sad that her schedule doesn’t really stop when she gets sick.

12. Hannah May 11, 2012 at 14:55 #

Whoever is styling her is just lazy. She has worn basically this look just slightly different about 5 times over the last 3 months. Low neckline, thigh high split, low back, no sleeves, halter.

• rebecca May 11, 2012 at 18:18 #

+1 — my thoughts exactly. I’m over this tacky look.

• Sean Garrette May 11, 2012 at 18:28 #

Mel Ottenburg. is the stylist. and i agree with both of you.

13. Rebecca Z May 11, 2012 at 15:39 #

I don’t know….looks pretty hot to me.

14. natalie May 11, 2012 at 15:54 #

This is the tacky white version of her Grammy dress. Don’t like it at all

15. love May 11, 2012 at 18:14 #

I feel like if her hair was on point it would have made the look come together. I wish she would chop off that disheveled looking weave and do a nice short cut. She does look exhausted though :(

16. Sean Garrette May 11, 2012 at 18:26 #

Yeah, Yeah, I understadn Rhanna just left the hospital for “exhaustion” it happens about twice a year now. But she always looks like this. there is never any effort and glamour anymore. Her new stylist is the boyfriend of Adam Seldman which is why she is always wearing his designs. I wish Mariel would go back and help Rihanna out. i really miss them working together. and I think They both want too as well.

17. Dhppy May 11, 2012 at 23:33 #

Oh, I like the dress. Though revealing, I think it is done quite well and isn’t anywhere near the tackyness she’s been spotted in.

18. Simon May 11, 2012 at 23:57 #

for me she just look high….

19. Erika Ch May 12, 2012 at 09:32 #

Funny. That was exactly what I think.

20. Saree May 12, 2012 at 11:57 #

I remember seeing this dress back in 2011 on Kylie Minogue.

With that said, it’s a nice dress but I think a little more fierceness from Rihanna would’ve made the look perfect. I think it may the case of the flu that is preventing her from giving that sexy spark she delivers perfectly on the red carpet.

• Saree May 12, 2012 at 17:17 #

That was meant to read 2001. My bad!
      It’s just missing the hood Kylie wears in her music video.

21. Nadine May 14, 2012 at 20:48 #

Seems I’ve seen this on Rihanna, too – very deja vu.

22. Jess2 May 15, 2012 at 10:16 #

Oh this is just deja vu, we have seen her in the same thing time and time again. Boring. The poor thing looks knackered though.