Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge looked stunning as she arrived at ‘Our Greatest Team Rises – BOA Olympic Concert’ held at the Royal Albert Hall in London this evening.

The last time she gave me goosebumps was on April 29, 2011 (her wedding day).

I need to mark my calendar as she did it again tonight wearing a breath-taking Jenny Packham Spring 2012 gown.

Her jade green version of this chiffon pleated gown with lace cap sleeves embellished with Swarovski crystals and a jewelled waistline is much preferable to the lime green runway version.

The second reason I have goosebumps is because our future queen has given us a bun. Yay.

It’s part-braided, but oh so very elegant and refreshing may I add.

Karolina Kurkova finally has a challenger for BDOTW.

I was hanging on for this one to close the day, and it was truly worth the wait.

Jimmy Choo ‘Vamp’ sandals and a matching bespoke clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Minka Kelly In Temperley London - 'Got Your 6' Press Conference

Minka Kelly In Temperley London – ‘Got Your 6′ Press Conference

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

88 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – ‘Our Greatest Team Rises – BOA Olympic Concert’

1. Yeliz May 11, 2012 at 20:05 #

OH. MY. GOD.
    This can’t be real, this has to be a wonderful dream! Catherine looks breathtaking, flawless, divine, enchanting, impeccable, stunning, gorgeous and much more. What I can’t believe the most is that she wore her hair up. It’s great to see her beautiful tresses in a totally different way. She even topped Karolina in my eyes. FC it was really worth the wait. Thank you that you hung on on this post. She is my BDOTW and even my BDOTY (I know it can change after Cannes).

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:06 #

I still have goosebumps…major fashion moment

• Yeliz May 11, 2012 at 20:12 #

Me too.. did you saw the back of the dress? It’s a dream. ♥

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:19 #

yep, just updated the post.

• currygirl May 11, 2012 at 21:36 #

FC, thank you thank you for posting this! It’s such a dreamy dress! I can’t believe seeing someone in a lovely dress can make someone’s day, but this sure made mine!

• Betty Brandenburg May 12, 2012 at 17:28 #

Now the only thing she has to do is to tone down her eye make up … then she would be a BDTOW for me….

• Awdah May 13, 2012 at 00:20 #

She has my vote for BDOTW. But, I do agree with you about the eye make up. I bet she would look much better without it.

• Foteini P. May 13, 2012 at 13:47 #

2. jacqu May 11, 2012 at 20:05 #

not too sure about the lace insert at the cleavage but she looks divine

3. J May 11, 2012 at 20:06 #

finally. that’s all i have to say.

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:06 #

perfectly put

4. Badaboum May 11, 2012 at 20:06 #

Very lovely! The color really flatters her skin tone and and the dress is beautiful. I don’t like the shoes, which are a little bit too chunky for such a delicate dress, but you can barely see them so she is forgiven.
    In other pictures on Getty you can see that her bun is actually quite elaborate and the beautiful details of the back of the dress at the same time.

• Badaboum May 11, 2012 at 20:22 #

Thanks for adding the picture of the back! It looks like she had a complete makeover. Do you know if has a new stylist (or hired one)?

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:31 #

not sure on her arrangements…but it would appear so

5. Nat39 May 11, 2012 at 20:07 #

Beautiful, a serious contender for sure. Loving the colour and the bun (yay!)
    I see she is wearing the same sandals as with her creamy Roland Mouret (they work well for both looks)which I liked as well.

6. L_M May 11, 2012 at 20:08 #

Wow, what a gorgeous woman Kate is! This dress and the color of this dress is just perfect. I love everything about her look. Stunning!

7. Martina May 11, 2012 at 20:09 #

OMG, she looks stunning!!! :) I couldn’t believe how beautiful she looks so I had to stare for about 10 minutes at the picture so it could sink in. I love everything about the look, the dress, the color, the accessories and I love that she changed her hair-do and had a bun, she looks amazing with it. :)
    She is by no doubt more stunning that Karolina Kurkova and I really hope Catherine wins BDOTW.

8. Yay, finally something to like! The cream Roland Mouret last week wasn’t bad but this is really, really beautiful. Personally, I think this look and the pink/silver Jenny Packham for her first engagement were her best looks so far.

How does she decide on dresses like these and then turn around and go for something really ugly like that Beulah number that made her look like the 50-something wife of a politician in the 70s???

9. Zineb May 11, 2012 at 20:12 #

Praise to the lord! I’m in heaven! What a fashion moment! When I first saw the picture I said WOW… WOW (literally)
    Someone is having my vote for this week’s poll ;)

10. TeaAtTwo May 11, 2012 at 20:14 #

Omg, she must have just discovered this site. Her last two outings have been amazing.

• bb May 12, 2012 at 18:17 #

LOL

Your post win Best Reply of The Week for me

11. Artemis May 11, 2012 at 20:20 #

I have to admit that she looks breathtaking! I even like this more than her wedding dress..

12. Carol May 11, 2012 at 20:23 #

Amazing! Beautiful. Sooo good! She’s raised her bar this week alone. Unstoppable now.

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:30 #

lets hope so

13. eleanor May 11, 2012 at 20:27 #

LOVE IT!!!!
    she really should wear her hair like this more :)

don’t get me started about how much I adore the dress AND the color *.*

• dee May 11, 2012 at 21:01 #

Yes isn’t the dress beautiful.

14. Emma May 11, 2012 at 20:28 #

YES! Perfection.

15. Sojo May 11, 2012 at 20:33 #

One must give credit where it’s due, I must admit I have never been impressed with this young womans style choice not even on her wedding day, but after seeing her in this outfit and with her hair up like this, I must confess to being very impressed, I hope this trend continues whether on more formal or informal occasions.

16. Jazz May 11, 2012 at 20:40 #

first time she’s wowed me all year! i adore this dress and her updo..FINALLY!!
    I still am going to vote for karolina kurkova because she worked the hell out of that outfit and is just a beyond stunning woman. but im excited about this post!!

17. Iris May 11, 2012 at 20:41 #

The BDOTW has just been won ;)

18. fromchi-town May 11, 2012 at 20:43 #

OMG!!! – this is sooo major. She looks fantastic. Beautiful color, gorgeous gown and FINALLY well-done hair. She is definitely my BDOTW. I am still in shock!!!

19. gabis May 11, 2012 at 20:44 #

Did anyone here the sound of my jaw hitting the floor? FC, has the Duchess hire you as some kind of fashion advisor/consultant? Lol, seriously, this is pretty un-be-liev-a-ble!
    I feel bad for still not liking her shoe choice but of course I will ignore this detail as she looks absolutely divine and breathtaking. She always looks her very best when she wears Jenny Packham. It’s truly a friendship that never lets you down.

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:48 #

“Did anyone here the sound of my jaw hitting the floor?” – I thought it was mine :D

20. Leeann May 11, 2012 at 20:49 #

Colour is good but too much going on with the dress- lace, little buttons, bow belt back, jewelled belt front- the details are exhausting me. .
    Plus matching clutch?
    An improvement but still leaves room for improvement

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:58 #

I am waiting for the day she wows you :D

• LeeAnn May 11, 2012 at 21:28 #

So am I . So am I.

• Leeann May 11, 2012 at 21:33 #

Me too . Me too

• Lee Ann May 13, 2012 at 18:41 #

I Don’t know if you read the style magazine of the Sunday Times but if you do there is an Erdem gown in the Having A Ball section which is perfect for her. If she wore that and fixed her hair and make up that would do it.

• Fashion Critic May 14, 2012 at 09:11 #

What a shame I missed it

• TeaAtTwo May 11, 2012 at 21:37 #

It’s the details that I like so much about it.

• Betty Brandenburg May 12, 2012 at 17:30 #

Same thoughts here about the dress and clutch! I also think the shoes are a bit clunky for this… but it is a definite improvement!

21. HM May 11, 2012 at 20:53 #

The moment I saw this I went “I KNEW SHE HAD IT IN HER!!! I JUST KNEW IT!!!”. New hairstyle, new shoes, new clutch…I wonder what else will she be able to pull off? New diamonds perhaps? Hehe.

• Fashion Critic May 11, 2012 at 20:57 #

“The moment I saw this I went “I KNEW SHE HAD IT IN HER!!! I JUST KNEW IT!!!” – DITTO

This proves she has been deliberately holding out on us :D

• HM May 11, 2012 at 22:29 #

Judging from her huge grin, I have every reason to believe she is pulling our leg with regards to what she wears..haha. You can just imagine putting a caption on the second picture “How do ya’ll like me now?” ;)

22. dee May 11, 2012 at 20:56 #

This is the very first time she has ever wowed me. OMG she looks stunning. I love the whole look. Her hair is finally up and the gown looks divine on her. Simply gorgeous.

23. Sanette May 11, 2012 at 21:00 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous! I can’t believe this is her. Looks like I found my BDOTW!

24. McKenzie May 11, 2012 at 21:00 #

Holy cow. She’s breathtaking! I said, “Oh, my gosh. HER HAIR!” when I saw it was up! I love everything about this look.

25. marta May 11, 2012 at 21:07 #

That’s a real regal look!

26. Andrea May 11, 2012 at 21:08 #

Hooray, she changed the hairdo! How cute she is. So, lets hope her makeup is next to be updated. Such a beauuutiful woman doesnt need all that charcoal in her face.

27. Riley May 11, 2012 at 21:14 #

Kate should wear Jenny Packham for big events so does wow us inbetween her snoozeville looks.

I love this look. Can’t believe I am saying this about the Queen of Snoozeville and Red Carpet Mediocrity.

She is making me swoon.

28. Ayva May 11, 2012 at 21:25 #

WOW. just WOW. I love everything about the dress and I’m so pleased she chose the jade colour instead of the lime green it looks so much better. It’s rare for me not to fault her dress choices but here she’s got me speechless. I hope she gives her stylist a bouquet for finally getting it right

29. Malinda Jane May 11, 2012 at 21:30 #

COLOUR! LACE! EMBELLISHMENT! A DIFFERENT HAIRSTYLE! DIFFERENT SHOES! Perfection.
    Maybe she was giving us all those one note looks she could wear something like this and we’d all go insane. Well played, Catherine. Well played.

30. Raquel May 11, 2012 at 21:33 #

Wow, what a change a simple BUN makes.

31. Aline May 11, 2012 at 21:42 #

WOW! Just WOW! This look is better than anything we got from the MET Gala. This is just breathtaking. I had to blink several times to really let my eyes register the image so my brain could process it. I just love it so much. BDOTW, IMO.

She’s right there with Angelababy in Elie Saab as my BDOTYs.

32. Ines May 11, 2012 at 21:59 #

Me thinks she finally got herself a permanent stylist. FINALLY. She looks terrific!

33. EmmaWoodhouse May 11, 2012 at 22:02 #

BDOTW, hands down. I love everything about this look and she is on my BDOTY list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

34. Lily May 11, 2012 at 23:04 #

Gorgeous! I love everything about this look. The back of the dress is to die for.

35. Dhppy May 12, 2012 at 00:03 #

My only problem with this gown is the color. I actually prefer the lime green that the model wears, though admittedly, that probably would not have worked for Kate. Though I have no problem with deep v necks, I knew that would never fly with someone in her position, so the use of lace to add some modesty is well done. It looks fashionable rather than stuffy.

• Dhppy May 12, 2012 at 00:04 #

If only it were coral or yellow.

36. Sophie May 12, 2012 at 00:27 #

Love this look!! The colour, detailing, and I love her hair – it is so nice to see it up. BDOTW for sure!

37. Ella May 12, 2012 at 00:46 #

Holy cow!!! This is, hand down, my BDOTW!!!!! I cannot find a single thing wrong with this look!!!!

38. Manel May 12, 2012 at 01:09 #

The duchess was stunning the same dress in red was worn by another princess: Alexandra de Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg in 16 January 2012.
    NB: the marchesa gown worn by Michelle Trachtenberg was seen lately in princess madeleine of sweden she was stunning and a Collette Dinnigan 2012 ‘Mirabella’ dress worn previously worn by nicole Kidman and Rachel McAdams was seen on princess mary of denmark.

39. Fiona May 12, 2012 at 01:26 #

In the words of Etta James – “At Last”! I wonder if she read the article by one of the hair industry people who slammed her for always having her hair down as it always gets in her face etc, because this is amazing. The colour is beautiful and finally she looks like a princess – so groomed and polished, love it. BDOTW

40. CreoleLady May 12, 2012 at 01:46 #

I prefer the Mouret — not the color so much as the silhouette, the sophistication. It seems more modern and elegant imo. Not feeling this Packham, too fussy, broadens her shoulders, prefer it on the model. I do like her hair up this way, very nice.

41. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 12, 2012 at 02:16 #

Beautiful!!! The back is sooo pretty and I am thrilled to see her hair up. Well done.

42. Bec May 12, 2012 at 02:22 #

I saw this earlier on Instagram and my first thought was ‘FC is going to DIE!!’ Lol love it!

I’m a sucker for an interesting back so this gets my BDOTW!

• Fashion Critic May 12, 2012 at 13:27 #

I did…several times over

43. Jess2 May 12, 2012 at 02:39 #

Oh my!! I totally got goosebumps aswell and am lost for words. This is just WOW, I loved Karolina but this just blows her out of the water. This look is amazing and rivals her wedding day for sure. Everything about this look is beyond perfection! Love her hair and that dress is exquisite. Not just BDOTW but BDOTY contender for me!! So in love with this :)

44. Christine May 12, 2012 at 03:24 #

That is a stunning gown.

45. Nikki May 12, 2012 at 03:35 #

FINALLY! The others on the red carpet look positively average next to her! Love the bun… perhaps she has been reading the site?

46. Lynnette Lai May 12, 2012 at 03:39 #

I knew that she had it in her. New hair do, great colour and gown (thank you Jenny Packham) age appropriate, beautiful elegant details with a touch of sexy (neckline!!) and I do love a cap sleeved gown. Just devine!!

Next: less heavy eyeliner!! and adventures with lipcolour

• Valerie May 12, 2012 at 10:48 #

Agree. The only thing I would change here is the heavy eye make-up. It doesn’t really fit the delicacy of the rest of the look. But that’s just a minor thing, she looks great! Love it.

47. Giuseppi Giraffe May 12, 2012 at 04:13 #

Oh my. This so wonderful. She’s perfect here, head to toe.

48. Mandy May 12, 2012 at 05:58 #

Oh by bun u meant her hair… I thought you were saying she’s pregnant !! I was like whoa how can I not know this !!

49. Vidhya May 12, 2012 at 06:07 #

I’m always in awe of how classy she behaves in public. She was playing it safe for the first year of her marriage. Elegant but not quite there. I think she is slowly moving towards bright colours and exquisite designs. Somehow i feel appreciative that she didn’t flaunt her wealth which might have given her quite a backlash.
    that aside – in less than a week I have 2 BDOTYs.. this is a wow!

50. bindu May 12, 2012 at 06:33 #

breathtaking ! love love love the details!
    n the hair…perfection !

51. Alina May 12, 2012 at 08:25 #

WOW!

52. Sabreena May 12, 2012 at 09:33 #

OH-MY-GOD!!! let me go out and catch my breath…i need some air!!

btw FC its the first time i am writing on ur site…but i have been following this site closely..for quite sometime.I LOVE ur site FC…and you are an amazing woman…seriosuly! Keep up the good work! <3 :D

• Fashion Critic May 12, 2012 at 13:25 #

53. Crystal May 12, 2012 at 12:50 #

whats with her eyes?? before i enlarged the photo, it looked like she has vamp eyes, full black lol
    the dress is very pretty tho =D

54. oksana May 12, 2012 at 14:39 #

wow seriously wow. what a dress what a color what an awesome woman

55. Grace Patricia May 13, 2012 at 01:03 #

Amazing! Perfection. I never imagined I could say that. I hope that’s the beginning of great improvements. I just think she should let go of the heavy eye make up.

56. taksi May 13, 2012 at 04:48 #

It’s different but it comes off like a prom look to me.

57. mm May 13, 2012 at 12:09 #

Gorgeous as always. I love the hair. I also love that for almost every look there is something she has worn before, in this case the shoes. Relatable

58. Sue Jin May 13, 2012 at 22:53 #

Oh Em Gee! This is a shocking moment. I think this is one gorgeous look and is finally living up to her fashion icon label.

59. roxana May 14, 2012 at 07:11 #

great, great, great!

60. Kathy July 31, 2012 at 15:30 #

I think my jaw hit the floor when I first saw this. Now whenever anyone brings up Kate Middleton in front of me, I have to babbble on and on about this Jenny Packham number, and I can never even remember the name of the event! LOL

61. daryl January 22, 2014 at 06:05 #

where do i buy this dress? not the exact same as i dont want to pay alot and i want it in white or ivory for my wedding day, just a replica, where where please help!?