Who Wore Gucci Better? Olivia Wilde or Kelly Ripa

Olivia Wilde wore this beautiful Gucci Pre-Fall 2012 black silk strapless gown with a black crystal and sequin embroidered velvet belt detail to the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party held in West Hollywood back in February.

The actress accessorized her look with a gold choker, matching bangles and a Salvatore Ferragamo gold-and-black fold-over clutch. A high bun, cat eyes, and a nude colour provided the finishing touches.

Kelly Ripa wore the same gown last month whilst attending The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center 5th Annual Spring Ball in New York City.

The TV presenter’s gown, which was slightly modified to include thin straps, was accessorized with a black box clutch and a black peep-toes.

Soft waves and pink lips completed her look.

Olivia wins for me as I love the gold accessories, plus I prefer the gown strapless.

If you can’t decide, click on the image above to see more images of Olivia and Kelly in their Gucci dress.

Jessica Alba's All Saints Shearling Suede Military Boot

Jessica Alba’s All Saints Shearling Suede Military Boot

Eva Mendes In Jonathan Saunders - The 'Today' Show

Eva Mendes In Jonathan Saunders – The ‘Today’ Show

6 Responses to Who Wore Gucci Better? Olivia Wilde or Kelly Ripa

1. barefoot duchess May 10, 2012 at 13:58 #

Kelly looked lovely but Olivia took it to a higher level with her golden choker and the hair bun!

• Alina May 10, 2012 at 18:10 #

2. Mujid May 10, 2012 at 14:09 #

The choker and the strange colour of her hair completely ruing this for Olivia.
    Kelly, on the other hand, just fails to sell the look.

It kind of looks poor on both women, but I find myself disliking Kelly’s interpretation less.

3. Sarah May 10, 2012 at 15:41 #

I think the way Olivia’s hair looks is a harsh trick of the light. I actually voted for Olivia because of her eye makeup…. it makes her face a stronger component of her look and a more interesting look all around. Kelly’s look just bores me with the face that fades into the background.

4. Riley May 10, 2012 at 17:21 #

Because Kelly Ripa always looks like a Hollywood barbie, I voted for Olivia. Her look was classier, albeit boring, but at least she added gold to her look.

5. EmmaWoodhouse May 10, 2012 at 19:26 #

Olivia, for making the look more memorable.