Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret – Thirty Club Dinner

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William were spotted arriving at Claridge’s Hotel in London last night to attend the Thirty Club dinner.

As always, all eyes were on Catherine, who looked beautiful wearing a Roland Mouret Fall 2009 long-sleeve gown.

The show-stopping cream gown was quite daring for the reserved Duchess as it had a thigh-high split.

Via the split we got to see her sparkling Jimmy Choo ‘Vamp’ sandals which complemented her embellished clutch.

As you know, I haven’t always been a fan of Catherine’s style, but this look is elegant, simple and refined which is very much her style trademark.

Glossy tresses and silver jewels completed the look.

You may remember that Amber Valetta wore the runway version back in 2009, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy wore the same gown in 2010 and I wore it to the 2010 BAFTAs.

Who knew that the Princess and I had the same taste in clothes?

You can buy Catherine’s Jimmy Choo ‘Vamp’ sandals from farfetch.com.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Bethenny Frankel's Torn by Ronny Kobo Tara Pleated Dress

Bethenny Frankel’s Torn by Ronny Kobo Tara Pleated Dress

Jessica Lowndes' Shoshanna Megan Fiji Floral Dress

Jessica Lowndes’ Shoshanna Megan Fiji Floral Dress

50 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret – Thirty Club Dinner

1. Mahima May 9, 2012 at 12:36 #

Oh I love it. Finally some new heels. Adore this.

2. Yeliz May 9, 2012 at 12:39 #

I love it when Catherine steps out of her formal attire zone. It happens rarely and this look is included. Everything is perfect here and kudos to her for wearing Jimmy Choo sandals. Although we have plenty of BDOTW worthy gowns from the Met Gala, I still would love to see this look in this week’s poll.

BTW you FC the other Catherine looked gorgeous in that gown too!

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 12:47 #

:D thank you x

• couture coco May 9, 2012 at 13:27 #

You look wonderful in the dress – you both share more than the name! :-)

I had to do several double takes when I saw the Duchess! Still one of her usual colours for a dress, but oh my not just a split but a huge one, big earrings, a new clutch AND sparkly shoes all at once. Love, love it!!! The details and construction of the dress is just fantastic.

Just 2 things short of perfection – well the bar is set high – would prefer a slightly stronger lip colour and ironically prefer closed toes which I thought were de rigueur for Royal ladies?

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 13:31 #

• Ines May 9, 2012 at 13:32 #

FC, you are the one who looked best imo.

She does look very good though. I am 100% she finally got herself a stylist. Tbh, too many good looks in a row here haha

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 13:39 #

lol…you flatterer :D

• noo May 9, 2012 at 16:22 #

i agree that she is now getting help with her looks! but i also wish for her to wear her hair up sometimes or put on some dark lipstick every now and then.

3. Alina May 9, 2012 at 12:44 #

Surprisingly, I like it.

4. Elle May 9, 2012 at 12:47 #

Beautiful! So elegant! I am sooo glad she didn’t wear the navy.

5. gabis May 9, 2012 at 12:48 #

I love it from the ankles up. The Jimmy Choo sandals are gorgeous but I don’t think they’re the best option here. IMO the platform and the large straps make the sandals a little too harsh for such an elegant and refined dress.

6. Zineb May 9, 2012 at 13:12 #

I think we need a ‘Who wore it better?’
    Amber, Carla, The Duchess and you ;)

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 13:30 #

lol… :D

• fromchi-town May 9, 2012 at 20:25 #

FC would definitely win!! YOu looked smashing in this dress, FC!!
        The Duchess looks great too. Its not often that her style excites me, but here I cannot deny she looks beautiful!

7. Gilda May 9, 2012 at 13:18 #

She did wear those Jimmy Choos in LA, so she’s gone this route before.

8. bm May 9, 2012 at 13:28 #

Finally, she done split.
    Thanks God, I love it.

9. AW May 9, 2012 at 13:33 #

She looks gorgeous in the dress.

I might just die if she ever did something interesting with her hair.

10. CreoleLady May 9, 2012 at 13:36 #

Gorgeous, with no reservations or qualifications. Ok FC, please do not make me choose on a WWIB poll between you, Amber, Carla, and Kate, lol.

11. LeeAnn May 9, 2012 at 13:37 #

Sorry still bored. I think though this time it was because of her makeup. I do think you should do a who wore it better only because it shows also how much personality contributes to making a dress work.

12. dee May 9, 2012 at 13:48 #

She is improving. I like her look and the shoes are great. If she had worn a bolder lip color or maybe her hair up it would have been BDOTW contender.

13. Badaboum May 9, 2012 at 13:55 #

Looking very sophisticated and elegant and loooove the footwear. The Duchess of Cambridge doesn’t look bad either!

You will note that this dinner at the Thirty club is a private engagement: Maybe she keeps it more classic, elegant and simple for formal events and is happy to be a little more daring (to her standards and those that are imposed upon her) for private events…
    Just a thought.

14. McKenzie May 9, 2012 at 13:57 #

Love it. Love it. Love it! I think she looks gorgeous. She just has a more subdued style, and I really don’t think that’s a bad thing.

15. Nat May 9, 2012 at 14:04 #

I love this look.
    It’s classy in a timeless and effortless way, but it also has a touch of moderness and youth via the split and the shoes+toe nail polish.
    I think this is the edgier/more agressive we can ask from Kate (sorry, I’ll always think of her as Kate), and I’m totally fine with it. After all, edgy and fashion forward are not exactly in her job description (nor in her personal style).

16. Colleen May 9, 2012 at 14:33 #

Beautiful and elegant as always. I squealed with glee when I saw the open toed sandal!

17. elaine2 May 9, 2012 at 15:32 #

Although I like the shoes, I don’t think they really work here with this dress. (Plus, I think her posture is negatively affected by all these towering shoes she seems to think are necessary.) But the one thing that could have improved this look is getting that hair under control. The hair ruined what otherwise was a very classy looking dress.

FC, I think you rocked the dress better than Duchess….

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 15:37 #

Lol.. I wish ;)

18. noo May 9, 2012 at 16:24 #

Catherine you wore this far better than the duchess! a girl who isn’t afraid of color is always the winner in my book! :D

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 17:09 #

Haha…thank u x

19. Emi May 9, 2012 at 16:24 #

I love the shoes!! Great look from her. You would look great, too, FC!

20. yasmine May 9, 2012 at 16:24 #

I love the dress, but the shoes are the pleasant surprise coming from the Duchess, its open toe, silver and high platform stiletto, things that i have never seen her in :D love love love

• noo May 10, 2012 at 08:27 #

she wore these shoes a year ago actually! to the bafta brits to watch event in los angeles!

21. robbie May 9, 2012 at 16:39 #

she sucked all the life out of this dress.

22. Grace Patricia May 9, 2012 at 16:47 #

I like it, finally she’s not in a boring moment. I like her shoes, it’s nice to see her wearing other than the horrible suede pumps. I just wish she could have her hair in a different way.

23. EmmaWoodhouse May 9, 2012 at 16:55 #

She looks fabulous as always. I’m not a fan of slits but hers is quite subtle and I love the way it makes the gown move. A BDOTW contender even with the Met Gala going on. I love the shoes and her quiet, classy elegance. FAB!!!!!!
    And btw, FC, you looked AMAZING in this gown :)

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 17:05 #

X thank u x

24. Riley May 9, 2012 at 17:25 #

This is the first time in recent memory I have ever liked a look by Kate (yes she will always be ‘Kate’ to me too ;))

Whilst she is still the top three on my Queens of Snoozdeville and Red Carpet Mediocrity List, she looks amazing and I am proud she wore a thigh spit and super high heels.

25. katrina May 9, 2012 at 17:59 #

Miss FC, its now time for us disciples of your blog to see YOU and your fantabulous fashion sense…………..

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 18:42 #

Lol…only during NY fashion week

26. Amy May 9, 2012 at 19:03 #

nice improvement for Kate! quite disappointed with the shoes though.
    And about who wore the best : I think Karla wins followed by our own Catherine (FC)!

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 20:45 #

too kind x

27. Molly May 9, 2012 at 23:23 #

I love the dress, but I really wish that she had worn her hair up. With that neckline, its just too crowded especially since there is some shoulder detail. I also would have preferred a pair of gold shoes to offset the white dress. The white with the silver is a little bland for me.
    FC, you win the faceoff!

• Fashion Critic May 9, 2012 at 23:24 #

Only if you guys feel sorry for me ;)

28. Raquel May 9, 2012 at 23:39 #

I like it, something different and something a bit more daring, yet appropriated for her “position”. I would love to see something new with the hair, though.

• Lynnette Lai May 10, 2012 at 06:14 #

I love the Duchess but she needs to experiment with a chignon or a french twist or something and she needs to try and lighten up the dark rimmed eyes, she’s so beautiful and I am sure a pretty lippie or some pretty light spring inspired make up would’ve made this look even more amazing.

29. Jones19 May 10, 2012 at 01:01 #

Wow this look is amazing. The thigh high slit and the sandals are making my eyes pop out of my head in a good way! FC you looked amazing in yours too :)

• Fashion Critic May 10, 2012 at 07:54 #

30. Lily May 10, 2012 at 02:59 #

Ooh, Kate looks gorgeous! I love the detailing on her dress that doesn’t seem to appear on the others, particularly the shoulder structure.

31. kristel May 13, 2012 at 02:24 #

She improves a lot. This is the first time seeing her in an open shoes!

32. robert May 29, 2012 at 05:18 #

I wanna buy thode sandals of Princess Catherine. I wish put it the showcase of my home. How much it costs?