[glam_ad size="push"]
[glam_ad size="med"]
Menu

Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – 2012 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart attended the 2012 Met Gala, which was held on Monday night in New York City.

As the face of the latest Balenciaga fragrance, the actress represented the brand wearing a look from their Fall 2012 collection.

Whilst she was one of the most unique stars on the red carpet wearing a dress with a black-and-silver embellished bodice and a colour-block leather skirt, I can’t take those hideous shoes seriously.

The black heels with the white laces almost kill all that is good with this look.

I was only temporarily excited when I saw this look because she does embodied the spirit of the brand so well and I love the chocolate-brown wavy locks.

From the ankles up, this gets a thumbs up from me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katharine McPhee In Elie Saab - 2012 Met Gala

Katharine McPhee In Elie Saab – 2012 Met Gala

Lily Collins In Valentino Couture - 2012 Met Gala

Lily Collins In Valentino Couture – 2012 Met Gala

88 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – 2012 Met Gala

1. katrina May 8, 2012 at 19:04 #

Give me a freaking break here, as one of the Fashion empire and its environs biggest night, where everyone is swaddled into the highest level of sophistication and most opulent ideals of elegance,pageantry and magnificence; this is a complete insolence to the nobel escutcheon of MET gala’s “moment mauvais” principles.It hurts my eyes, it is so revolting to see this kind of woman itmake me sick!!!!!!!!

2. Hisadora May 8, 2012 at 18:59 #

Sorry but she’s just not selling it to me…. and those shoes, I don’t even wanna mention!!!!!!

3. JMW May 8, 2012 at 18:00 #

She did mention that she had stepped on a nail so she couldn’t wear high heels during a television interview. But these seem to be high heels or at least small high heels so I don’t understand why she didn’t at least go for some heels which are nicer.

4. zara May 8, 2012 at 17:55 #

it’s awful Nicholas G. put her in that dress and those shoes, I don’t think it would look good anyone. as a face of their fragrance, she should’ve gotten a better dress.

5. TeuntjeVDW May 8, 2012 at 17:51 #

I don’t like this AT ALL!

6. Annel May 8, 2012 at 17:50 #

🙁 Bad hair, ugly dress, super ugly shoes. Hope she will improve for Cannes.

7. MsDivaMom May 8, 2012 at 17:41 #

HORRENDOUS! Top to Toe!

8. firien May 8, 2012 at 17:15 #

This might absolutely be the least important problem, but this “are you really photographing me?” expression makes me want to punch her – just to wake up.
    Even if you look hideous, please grace us by trying to look like a star!

9. 005 May 8, 2012 at 16:57 #

Gasp* noo she’ s super stylish!! I don’t think I have an outfit on this girl that she has made it her own, well, aside from the too small jeans, disgusting tees and kicks obviously.

10. robbie May 8, 2012 at 16:47 #

could she look more bored, why go to an event if you are going to look like baby with a slapped a$$. this look needs attitude and she aint giving it.

11. modelo May 8, 2012 at 16:37 #

Balenciaga’s whole fall line is hideous. Everyone in the fashion is still kissing their butts but call a spade a spade. There is absolutely nothing that looks good in it. Kristen Stewart looks her normal slouchy self with no expression. I give her a pass this time because Balenciaga’s choices are so horrendously bad.

12. Zineb May 8, 2012 at 16:24 #

UGLY ! This is NOT a look for Met Gala!

13. L_M May 8, 2012 at 16:18 #

Last year Kristen wore the best shoes I have ever seen on her, but this year it is the opposite. These shoes are hideous!! Can’t say I like this dress, but if she wore it with other more stylish shoes, then she would look better. Well, Met Gala isnt about your usual and standard dresses, as I know.. It is about something different and artsy. Right? So, Kristen was in the right way with her choice in the dress.. If only she changed her hair style and didn’t wear these horrible shoes.

14. CC May 8, 2012 at 16:17 #

how unoriginal to wear runway look head to toe.

not appropriate for the occasion.

just downright ugly ensemble.

CC

• 005 May 8, 2012 at 16:50 #

Gasp* what no she’s super stylish! … I don’t think I have seen an outfit on this girl that she has made it her own. Aside from the too small jeans, disgusting tees and kicks.

15. bee7 May 8, 2012 at 16:16 #

ugly..

16. Rahel May 8, 2012 at 16:08 #

She’s not the face of Balenciaga. She’s the face of their new perfume. Big diffrence.

• Fashion Critic May 8, 2012 at 16:24 #

did you read the text? It says, “As the face of the latest Balenciaga fragrance”

• Rahel May 8, 2012 at 16:32 #

I didn’t mean you.

17. Barbs May 8, 2012 at 16:03 #

Terrible! Don’t understand, the shoes, the hair, the dress! The concept…

18. Lisa May 8, 2012 at 15:55 #

HATE this. Totally inappropriate for this event.

• mm May 8, 2012 at 16:07 #

OMG. I so agree with everyone. This entire look is horrid. her hair looks like it is still wet. it is just an unpolished look

19. Fiona May 8, 2012 at 15:53 #

WOW lots of comments on this one! I realise she is the face of Balenciaga but why would they decide to dress her in this for one of fashion’s biggest nights? There is, I’m sure, a black tie dress code for this event, and this is not even close to black tie. I feel that this event is becoming blatant advertising for designers without caring about the event … I am amazed some of the designers even stood next to their creations this year!

20. marcy May 8, 2012 at 15:39 #

I don’t understand not going into the archives. Or custom designing something. If she’s the face of the brand now, they should have done better by her. So far this partnership isn’t yielding positive results for either Kristen or Balenciaga.

21. Riley May 8, 2012 at 15:07 #

Whilst I am a KStew sympathizer but not a twihard, I hate the look. This is the most apathetic she has looked on the red carpet in a while. The dress is ugly and the shoes are worse.

She definitely should be the face of Proenza Shouler.

Her hair is horrible.

22. Christine May 8, 2012 at 15:02 #

The shoes are a killer but I like this dress. Here’s hoping she bring her game to cannes! Jesus help us.

23. Mihaela May 8, 2012 at 14:55 #

…With all the gowns in the world why is she wearing this?!

24. Ioana May 8, 2012 at 14:51 #

WORST dressed!!! that … dress (or whatever it is) is hideous.

25. Serena May 8, 2012 at 14:43 #

Such a letdown. I don’t like the dress and I definitely don’t like the shoes. She looked so beautiful and at ease last year in her custom Proenza Schouler, this is such a step back :/

26. bm May 8, 2012 at 14:36 #

I think I love this look, but with a better shoes.

27. meme May 8, 2012 at 14:35 #

I was not expecting kristen in anything like this, She totally suprise me and i agree with u FC. I love it from ankle up, it cool refreshing, and represent Balen. I will blame those shoe on her stylist, even with a injured foot the shoe could have been better. And i love her make up and hair. The WTF this look garnered from other is making me Lmao.

28. Colleen May 8, 2012 at 14:29 #

I like this, but for a movie premiere NOT the MET Gala. Can someone please explain to me how Glamour UK named her the Best Dressed Woman in the world over the likes of Diane Kruger, Emma Stone and Victoria Beckham?

• marcy May 8, 2012 at 15:36 #

It was a fan voted award. Meaningless. Just the Twilight fans voting over and over again.

29. Martina May 8, 2012 at 14:29 #

I disagree with you FC, I don’t like this look at all. The dress isn’t worthy of Met Gala (I expected something more glamurous or dramatic), it fits her bad, the shoes are hideous, I dislike her hair because it’s absolutley wrong for this event but the thing I dislike the most is her attitude. It’s obvious she doesn’t want to be there and I don’t get it, why would you go somewhere where you don’t wanna be?

30. Nat May 8, 2012 at 14:21 #

She was by far one of the worst dressed of the night, for me.
    In this case it’s not her fault, though. It’s just that the dress and the shoes are some of the ugliest things I’ve seen on the red carpet recently.
    I really can’t understand how one could pick this look, out of all the possible choiches, for the MET Gala.

31. Sally May 8, 2012 at 14:19 #

It just went from bad to worse as I scrolled down to the complete photo. Viewing it set off a long, distant memory;

When I was 13 y/o, my girlfriends and I had a Gaudy Party where everyone had to show up as their own best “fashion don’ts” we then paraded around town vying for votes for the worst outfit … that ensemble is so close to the party’s winning dress. It was a fashion don’t then, and it still is today.

32. Vivian May 8, 2012 at 14:16 #

Compared to others, does she even know she is going to met gala?

33. Mandy from NZ May 8, 2012 at 14:10 #

Hello everyone, sorry if this is a silly question but I was just wondering how much input the celebrities actually have on what they wear to events like this one? Or is it just the stylist choice? I really didn’t like this dress at first but it’s growing on me.

• CTgirl May 8, 2012 at 14:18 #

The celebrity always has veto power.

• Mandy from NZ May 8, 2012 at 14:36 #

Thank you, I’ve always been curious.

34. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 14:08 #

I agree with your whole comment FC. She embodies the spirit of the brand very well. But why those shoes?! I hate them. On the other hand from the ankles up it’s gorgeous.
    But I have to say I loved her look more at last year’s MET Gala.

35. Shruti May 8, 2012 at 14:07 #

Total mess.

• bas May 8, 2012 at 14:29 #

+1. I don’t get what was she thinking when she put on that ill-fitting dress, those horrible shoes, and that hair… Balmain can do so much better.

36. Linda May 8, 2012 at 14:02 #

I don’t mind the dress, but agree that the shoes killed the look completely. What was Nicolas thinking? I LOVED her custon Proenza last year. This is a step down.

37. CTgirl May 8, 2012 at 13:57 #

I don’t know who to blame. Ghesquiere for suggesting this dress? Her Stylist for agreeing? Or KS for walking out the door looking this horrible? The dress seems to have a strange fit and the length is really awkward with her legs. Oh, and the shoes are wretched and give her cankles. She has thin but fairly shapeless legs and the length and the shoe really emphasizes this. She could do so much better and this is yet another fail for KS. She needs a new stylist and someone to honestly give her a critique before she walks out the door.

• CTgirl May 8, 2012 at 13:58 #

I forgot to mention the sweaty handprints on the leather skirt. Just awful . . .

• MyOwn May 9, 2012 at 17:16 #

+100 awful

• manja May 8, 2012 at 15:19 #

+1 100%

38. Emmeline May 8, 2012 at 13:54 #

Those shoes are tragic. The dress might be okay for a premiere, but this is the Met Gala. You’d think Nicolas maybe could have pulled something more appropriate from the archives for her.

I will give her credit though for resisting the urge to shorten the skirt as she almost always does.

39. carrie May 8, 2012 at 13:53 #

She looks sloppy. No effort here. Not even a real fitting for the dress. Same hair she wears everyday. I don’t really understand why she even went. On the livefeed it was obvious how much she didn’t want to be there.

40. Susan May 8, 2012 at 13:52 #

Ah, I should have looked through the previous pictures first. This is very different and I really like it. After seeing all of the same long, flowing, typical dresses; this is a shot of young and different. I like it.

41. Niki May 8, 2012 at 13:49 #

Could not agree with you more FC. The dress is edgy and cool, I absolutely adore the bodice. But the shoes…. WHY???!!! Red, blue or even black patent pumps would have looked SO much better. I had such high hopes after her Proenza Schouler dress last year, and the shoes aside, I wish she had gone for a slightly more elegant look. This feels more premiere to me… *sigh*

42. Juliana May 8, 2012 at 13:43 #

I’m sorry, but not even from the ankles up. I can’t possibly imagine there weren’t other Balenciaga dresses more fit for a Met Gala. This year as a whole was a little underwhelming… Kristen is just the bland cherry at the top. You can clearly see she doesn’t wanna be there, which is just sad.

43. Lada May 8, 2012 at 13:42 #

I would think it suits her personality but she didn’t look very happy and that’s a shame because she is so beautiful when she smiles..

The shoes are bad but I liked that she was different from the others.

44. Susan May 8, 2012 at 13:42 #

Interesting. I like it. What was the designer going for?

45. vicky May 8, 2012 at 13:41 #

I’m getting slightly tired of saying this but this event was very disappointing for me.
    A lot of girls just didn’t seem to make an effort, dressing as if they where going to a normal premiere.

With that said I agree with you FC, from ankles up, it’s OK.

• serenissima7 May 8, 2012 at 19:33 #

i thought i was the only person that felt this way. So many attendees looked EXTREMELY underdressed.

46. Grace Patricia May 8, 2012 at 13:39 #

I don’t like it at all. Her hair is also poorly styled.

47. june May 8, 2012 at 13:38 #

i usually love kristen in balenciaga, but she’s not selling it to me today. (partly that’s to do with the hideous shoes, but mostly it’s how she’s not working it like she enjoys wearing any of that)

48. msd May 8, 2012 at 13:37 #

Argh, my eyes, my eyes! This is AWFUL. Who wears an ill-fitting leather skirt attached to a cheap looking bustier to fashion’s biggest night? Does Ghesquiere hate Kristen? I can’t think of any other reason why he would pick this for the freakin’ Met Gala. Or does she secretly hate Balenciaga? Next time Nicolas, take ME. I promise I’ll brush my hair and everything! Now excuse me while I reach into my computer and burn those heinous shoes.

• CreoleLady May 8, 2012 at 14:53 #

Haha, too funny. Totally feel your pain, lol, and completely agree.

• J May 8, 2012 at 15:09 #

It looks like she’s wearing socks with black pumps.

• Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 18:28 #

msd lol I feel the EXACT same way. Her hair looks awful but it’s still the best thing about her whole look!

• Aline May 8, 2012 at 18:45 #

LOL. I totally agree though.

The dress is horrible and the shoes are hideous, but her hair is what bothers me the most *sigh*

• Tina May 8, 2012 at 23:33 #

+1 This is really not a good look. The hair and shoes ruined an already so-so outfit.

49. Alina May 8, 2012 at 13:36 #

50. T from Sydney May 8, 2012 at 13:34 #

i want to BURN the shoes!!!

they are UGLY!!!

i hope she does well at Cannes.

• Lidka May 8, 2012 at 21:20 #

Love the outfit,a perfect match with Stewart’s personality and a bold choice for MET Gala, which I guess is not about traditional looks. The shoes are only acceptable from the sides and the back, the front just ruins the look. Kristen is quite short and the skirt is knee-long, they should have taken it into account and give her sth that looks lighter on feet.