Jessica Chastain In Louis Vuitton – 2012 Met Gala

Jessica Chastain attended the 2012 Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Monday night.

Clad in a fabulous blue Louis Vuitton gown, the actress was shimmering with crystal- and pearl-embroidered details.

With a selection of Harry Winston jewels, the Oscar-nominated star of ‘The Help’ completed her look with a bold red lip colour and luscious red Veronica Lake wavy locks.

Following on her trend from Awards Season, Jessica opted not to carry a clutch.

Credit: Getty

40 thoughts on “Jessica Chastain In Louis Vuitton – 2012 Met Gala

1. Estranged

I really hate this look. Her twins seem to be squeezed, her eyes are puffy and the dress itself is quite… unimaginative.

1. firien

+1. Not only her twins look squeezed, but everything from the hips up.
      And her eye make-up… it makes her look disturbingly Tilda Swinton-ish.

2. Jacqu

It looks like a dress made for a Saloon Girl or a high class bordello (in my imagination anyway) but she makes it work so well. She looks lovely.

3. bm

The only thing that I like from this dress is her wave. But, her dress and her jewellry is no, BIG NO, from me.

4. Yeliz

Disaster. Jessica can do so much better. Besides a lot attendees seem to love that dark lip colour but I just hate it!

FC did you sleep at all today? You seem to post non stop.

1. Fashion Critic Post author

just 3 hours…and I’m not tired…will feel it tomorrow no doubt :D

1. Yeliz

Oh.. Well I didn’t sleep much either, I had a practical test today but got up one hour earlier to see some of your posts. But it was definitely more than 3 hours. I hope that after the MET posts you will relax at least for more than 3 hours. :)

1. Fashion Critic Post author

Yes, I am going out to dinner this evening. I booked the date especially to make sure I get out of the house :D

5. msd

In Jessica’s case, her homage to Prada appears to be “”give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon”. Eek.

6. Ramsay

I like that make -up – btw have you noticed that we have not seen any Chanel dresses on the red carpet (same thing for the oscars – except that Emma Stone dress but that was for the party)

7. Riley

At first I hated the gown but it’s grown on me as I like the color and the embellishments and how amazing it makes her twins look.

But it’s not her best look.

8. LeeAnn

I love the colour butbthe more and more I look at it the more I hate it. Only a dress designed by a gay man can make breasts look this bad.

9. asherlev1

Why does her stylist hate her?

With the exception of her Oscars look, every other look has almost seemed like sabotage.

1. EmmaWoodhouse

I know, and it’s so sad! She’s so gorgeous and the McQueen was a life-long memorable moment of awesomeness, but this…:( Sadness. Again.

10. marcy

I love her but this is terrible. So unflattering and the material is so wrinkled. And she desperately needs some eyebrow shading.

11. Fiona

This is just awful – she looks so old in the face as her makeup is so ageing, and the dress is not flattering to her figure. It is hard to believe this is Louis Vuitton – the earrings are also completely wrong for this dress, not sure what would have been better really, but not this.

12. Joy

FC, Thank you for such great coverage! This has been such a fun day for this stay at home mum.

I really don’t like this dress on her. I love all the detailing at the top of the gown, but something about this isn’t flattering for her. I think it makes her look wider? She should have stuck with McQueen since she did so great at the Oscars.

13. Fashion mint

I m sorry but I absolutely hate this look..i m sad there was only one Elie Saab,no prabal gurung & Jason woo ..FC correct me if I m wrong but was there no Chanel & Gucci at met this year ?

14. Hannah

Urgh this is awful. I don’t liek the makeup or the dress, espcially together. Besides the Oscars, the reasons for her being with her stylist are beyodn me. This is so unflttering on her, creased & poorly styled. She looks orange in one light 7 washed out in the next, and much, much older than she is. She has such a beuatiful face, so her makeup artist should go too.
    Also, it is clear that her stylist is either pobic or allergic to clutches, because I beliee it is the same stylist as Jennifer Lawrence, and she never ever carries a clutch either.

15. ash

Obviously, Marc doesn`t like het AT ALL.

What is up with that bodice?! It gives the illusion that she has really narrow boobs! my god, this is just awful!

16. Dominique

I was so sad when I saw her… Tlda Swinton like (obviously not in a good way), and she looks a lot older! She can do a lot better!!

17. Matt R

When I saw this picture, I got instant Deja Vu. It reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence’s flamenco dress from the 2011 Golden Globes, but this did nothing for Jessica. The makeup, I am sorry to say, ages her about 20 years. Had she worn the makeup she did for the Oscars this year, I might have liked the overall presentation more.

18. Dhppy

Unless this actress is into bondage, I don’t understand why she keeps wearing dresses that grip her so mercilessly.

19. Parvati

She looks good, but this was one of the occasions where I didn’t like the dark lipstick. It does nothing for her.