08.05.12

Jessica Biel In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

Jessica Biel attended the 2012 Met Gala in New York City on Monday night.

Hanging onto the arm of her fiancé, Justin Timberlake, Jessica walked the red carpet in an ivory Prada dress.

The cocktail-length dress, made of double stretch satin fabric, clung to Jessica’s enviable figure, with a plunging deep V-neckline and cascading jade green stone embellishments.

A green Prada clutch and blush pumps accessorized the dress.

This is a good look for Jessica who tends to be a tad blah on the red carpet.

Jessica is a beautiful girl, but the horrible bowl-cut bangs really need to go.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana For Flare January 2014

Zoe Saldana For Flare January 2014

Beyonce Knowles In Givenchy Couture - 2012 Met Gala

Beyonce Knowles In Givenchy Couture – 2012 Met Gala

49 Responses to Jessica Biel In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

1. Tina May 8, 2012 at 06:10 #

Yikes! That hair is not flattering on her at all – especially in that first picture. Dress is alright – I mean, it’s pretty and it flatters her, but that’s about it. Not quite what I imagined a Met dress to be.

• J May 8, 2012 at 12:29 #

Yikes! Those bangs ruin everything.

2. macy May 8, 2012 at 06:12 #

I think they both look terrible. That dress is such an unflattering length. And other than her great body, I just don’t think she’s very attractive.

I can’t figure out what’s off with him. It might be the hair.

3. Riley May 8, 2012 at 06:13 #

Jess’ looks have improved significantly in 2011 and this year thanks to what seems like a new stylist.

Sans horrible bangs, she looks beautiful. Her accessories are perfect.

4. Emmeline May 8, 2012 at 06:13 #

I like the dress well enough, but I wish she’d done something more dramatic (considering the event).

• Liana May 8, 2012 at 07:30 #

Love the whole look a lot! But yes, it’s the MET so she could have played with something more risky!

5. P. May 8, 2012 at 06:14 #

Ohh yeah, it’s a beautiful dress for an fourty five woman in a cocktail party.

• Wong Hiao Hiao May 8, 2012 at 08:19 #

• justme May 8, 2012 at 16:33 #

lol seriously

6. Bec May 8, 2012 at 06:14 #

Is it just me or does it feel like almost everyone was wearing horrible satin pumps tonight? Very disappointing shoe game overall!

7. june May 8, 2012 at 06:15 #

the dress is gorgeous, the hair beyond awful.

8. pipsqueak May 8, 2012 at 06:15 #

Jessica looked very tired. Perhaps being Justin’s woman is a full-time job. This is a peacock relationship where the male is the glamorous one. The bang gives Jess a young Jane Birkin look, but it doesn’t fit her face very well.

9. argentina May 8, 2012 at 06:16 #

She is frozen like Walt Disney. BORING

10. Jenn May 8, 2012 at 06:18 #

Those bangs are horrid! Dress is boring.

11. Christine May 8, 2012 at 06:25 #

Lady who lunch Dress. Kinda boring for the Met Gala, no?

12. CC May 8, 2012 at 06:36 #

not feeling the hair.
    the dress look like it’s hemmed poorly? or is it just me?

CC

• Bella May 8, 2012 at 15:18 #

Definitely what i was thinking! That hemline looks like a last minute touch which would have taken two minutes of ironing to fix.

13. Jacqu May 8, 2012 at 06:40 #

Great dress, i kind of like her hair and styling too. BUT It’s not for the Met Gala. Pass, boring.

• bm May 8, 2012 at 08:12 #

Not boring as always, and once she looked so happy, but i agree. This is a tiny ant when we compare to other.

• Jacqu May 8, 2012 at 14:39 #

Yeah, it’s not horrid and on any other setting it’d look good, even great. But at the Met Gala? I expect so much.

14. vicky May 8, 2012 at 06:59 #

Something is off with both of them (can’t place what’s “wrong” with Justin, the hair?).
    Jessica’s dress would have been allright for a premiere but not to the Met Gala!
    I like the idea of her in bangs but she desperately needs them fixed!
    In my opinion she’s blah yet again.

15. roxana May 8, 2012 at 07:14 #

the dress is so ugly for such an exclusivist event! bad jessica, bad!

16. Asia May 8, 2012 at 07:37 #

Like the dress, hate the accessories and the styling.

17. Dani May 8, 2012 at 07:41 #

I would have loved this dress if it was full-length. At the moment it looks a bit staid and old, but floor length would just add the necessary glam to what is a very pretty dress.

The hem looks like a hasty pin up job, too. It buckles in a couple of places and looks uneven. You would think she could afford some tailoring!

• CreoleLady May 8, 2012 at 10:10 #

ITA on all points, especially that execrable hem job.

18. Emi May 8, 2012 at 08:40 #

What a beautiful couple! I like her here, but the hem of the dress seems basted, not finished. How could this be possible? The length is a bit unflattering, but we’re used to thsi length recently.

19. Katey May 8, 2012 at 08:42 #

I love the dress so much with that clutch. You’re right Fc, the whole look would be a perfection without those ridiculous bangs.

20. cat May 8, 2012 at 09:07 #

I love the dress, i just wish it was floor length or shorter. Don’t like any of the styling!

21. Nat May 8, 2012 at 10:00 #

She said Miuccia Prada picked this dress for her…So, I was wondering: is it possible she didn’t have a say in this? How do these things go?

However, I think this *could* have been great with some adjustment: floor lenght, less tight on her hips/butt, no bangs and maybe different earrings.
    I’m in love with her clutch, by the way.

22. Megs22 May 8, 2012 at 10:44 #

What is happening with that hem?!?! I would have preferred this as a full length dress.

23. zora May 8, 2012 at 11:42 #

Lawd, tell me she’s not getting married with those bangs?! I’m hoping they’ll have magically disappeared otherwise those wedding pictures are going to suck irrespective of how fabulous the location is!

24. Charmella May 8, 2012 at 12:23 #

She does not look like sh wants to be there…like the unhappy Princess of Monaco. …plus what is going on with that hemline? Kinda wonky! I bet t was supposed to be full length, and was emergency hemmed at the last minute. It was also a skoch too tight across her butt! Just sayin’!

25. Andreea May 8, 2012 at 12:58 #

I didn’t expect to like her look and i didn’t becuase this time i loved it !

26. Dianablues May 8, 2012 at 13:07 #

At first I thought, who is the 50-year old on Justin’s arm, then I realised oh it’s his lady. Like the dress, though I think not glam enough for the night. The hair….no words needed, just dreadful

27. Alina May 8, 2012 at 13:10 #

I can see this dress as a gown. I think it would have worked better.

• Well Heeled Pair May 8, 2012 at 14:43 #

It looks like it was a longer length and was folded up. They should have pressed it to make it less obvious. I think it’s a pretty dress but for the MET… bleh.

28. Raquel May 8, 2012 at 14:52 #

I prefer Justin’s Tom Ford than Jessica’s Prada…

29. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 15:57 #

I’m surprised by myself but I really like this look. Her bangs are not my fave either but I don’t mind them on this occasion.

30. Gillian May 8, 2012 at 16:06 #

It’s beautiful, but more movie premiere than met gala for me tbh

31. Zineb May 8, 2012 at 16:52 #

I Hate the bangs!!! She looks well enough but nothing more

32. Natalie19 May 8, 2012 at 17:21 #

Jessica, in my opinion, looks really bad last couple of years.. I don’t know what’s going on wit her, but the bags under the eyes, horrible hairstyles…

She used to be a stunner 4-5 years ago…

33. Felicia May 8, 2012 at 22:24 #

The shoes, no. The hair, hell no. The dress is just righ for her but am I the only one who sees that there’s something wrong with the hem?

This could have been an amazing outfit, but sadly, it is not.

34. Parvati May 8, 2012 at 22:38 #

The look itself is good, but I find it rather uninteresting for the MET Gala – I think it would be more suitable for a premiere. But what really bothers me here are those bangs – they do nothing for her.

35. goldfish May 8, 2012 at 22:40 #

it’s so sad. she is such a gorgeous woman, and can do so much better.. it’s really sad; girls like jessica and scarlett johansson has so much potential…
    jessica has killed it before, like the met gala a couple of years ago..

it’s like they both lost their spark and appeal

36. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 23:20 #

It’s all bad. And sad.

37. Jess2 May 9, 2012 at 01:16 #

Aside from the bangs this is the first look I have liked from Jessica in a long time. I think she looks great in the dress. I really love the detail on the dress

38. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 02:54 #

Typical Prada for me: on first sight, I start to feel a tingle of excitement, then at the last moment I’m underwhelmed. I’m convinced Miuccia Prada’s taste is based upon Lucy snatching that football away from Charlie Brown.

39. smariel May 9, 2012 at 17:50 #

Ok I’m the only one but I love this dress. The hem is a little off but I adore the material, color, stones and bodice. I do wish she had flashier accessories (esp shoes) and her bangs need a cut, something snazzy & shorter.

40. Matt May 13, 2012 at 05:19 #

What about the hemline???? I mean it was a long dress and at the last minute she decided she wanted a cocktail dress??? BIG no-no, c’mon! you are rich you have the money to hire an stylist!!! I just don’t get it