08.05.12

Heidi Klum & Emma Roberts In Escada – 2012 Met Gala

Escada dressed Heidi Klum and Emma Roberts at the 2012 Met Gala, which was held on Monday night in New York City.

Heidi wore a custom-made French Chantilly-lace slip dress with cut-outs that raced from the back around the hip into a dramatic slit.

The only thing that saves this look for me is the Lorraine Schwartz necklace as I also dislike her shoe choice.

Emma wore an Escada custom-made marigold yellow silk-gazar strapless gown with a peplum detail that morphed into a sculptural swallowtail train.

A sapphire silk-satin belt accentuated the waist of her gown which was accessorized with Bulgari, and a sparkly Swarovski clutch.

I love the styling which included sleek retro waves and dark eye makeup.

I don’t get a sense of girl playing dress up in mummy’s clothes anymore. She’s starting to command my attention at this big events, which is no easy feat.

Credit: Getty

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein - 2012 Met Gala

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein – 2012 Met Gala

Jessica Chastain In Louis Vuitton - 2012 Met Gala

Jessica Chastain In Louis Vuitton – 2012 Met Gala

24 Responses to Heidi Klum & Emma Roberts In Escada – 2012 Met Gala

1. esty May 8, 2012 at 13:58 #

Is it just me or is Heidi Klums dress VERY similar to a gown worn by Blake Lively on Gossip Girl?

2. Juliana May 8, 2012 at 14:00 #

I want to love Emma’s look, but all I can think of is “wrinkled! wrinkled! wrinkled!”

• bm May 8, 2012 at 14:40 #

Yeah, she is near perfect, but those wrinkled?
      And i fell asleep when i saw Heidi’s picture.

3. From Russia With Love May 8, 2012 at 14:13 #

This was one of the best dressed events for years. Everyone looked fantastic in motion, some of the gorgeous looks didn’t translate well in pictures. BUT. There were one person whose dress was hideous both in pictures and in livestream. It’s Heidi. I just despise this Escada thing. No wonder this house is in deep financial troubles despite the fact that the Mitalls invested loads of money in it. Just gross. The ugliest dress I could remember. I wish I could unsee it. And I rarely say such bad things.

• serenissima7 May 8, 2012 at 19:28 #

lmao ‘i wish i could unsee it.’ best comment ever.

4. Nat May 8, 2012 at 14:13 #

Heidi is just meh, while I really like Emma’s look (for the first time, probably).
    It’s a shame about the wrinkles on Emma’s dress, but I guess there wasn’t much she could do about them.

5. Colleen May 8, 2012 at 14:21 #

Forget the wrinkles in Emma’s gown – this just might be the best she has ever looked! I love the color. She looks beautiful!

Heidi, on the other hand? Big disappointment.

• Alina May 8, 2012 at 15:05 #

• britta May 8, 2012 at 16:46 #

• Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 19:07 #

6. Emmeline May 8, 2012 at 14:47 #

Emma looks nice, if not a bit wrinkled and forgettable. But Heidi was easily one of my worst dressed of the night. So, so tacky.

7. Christine May 8, 2012 at 14:56 #

Hate Heidi’s look. She hyped it way too much lol. Love Emma’s.

• Fashion Critic May 8, 2012 at 14:57 #

I feel the same way… I was excited to see it then when I did, i was like , “is that it?”

8. Linda May 8, 2012 at 15:16 #

Emma’s gown and accessories are beautiful but I am always turned off by her hair colour, which is a little brassy. I wish she would go a bit darker.
    Heidi’s gown is very unappealing and it looks like a home ec project from the ’90′s.

9. Riley May 8, 2012 at 15:17 #

Both are meh. Totally forgettable. Heidi was one of the worst dressed because that dress is a lace disaster.

Emma’s looks is forgettable though I love the color.

10. Fiona May 8, 2012 at 15:47 #

I love Emma’s dress and the colour but not sure it is a great colour for her. Shame about the wrinkles, really lets it down. Heidi I am shocked at how cheap and skimpy this dress looks, why would she wear this to this event? Why did she not do her hair? Why, why?

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 8, 2012 at 16:14 #

No thanks.

12. Nia May 8, 2012 at 16:27 #

Emma looks lovely, Heidi looks a mess.

Nice dresses so far, but nothing show-stopping. Haven’t seen all of them yet though. I thought the Met Gala was the one event where celebs went all out fashion-wise.

13. Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 18:22 #

Heidi’s look is instantly forgettable. I love marigold so Emma’s gown is more my liking but the wrinkles are bad.

14. RoRo May 8, 2012 at 23:34 #

Ms. Klum THAT’S how you wear lace! love the look!

15. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 04:02 #

Heidi does not get my seal of approval (ahem), but Emma does.

16. Felicia May 9, 2012 at 12:11 #

Heidi: I don’t like it, at all.

Emma: Gorgeous. Would be perfect if it was ironed properly

17. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 12:55 #

I love the colour of Emma Roberts’ gown, but I don’t like Heidi Klum’s look. I feel she can do much better than this, plus you can barely see the necklace she is wearing, with all that lace. Well, she didn’t need to wear a necklace, after all.

18. EmmaWoodhouse May 9, 2012 at 16:19 #

OK, I wasn’t a fan of Diane Kruger’s Erdem gown, because it wasn’t my style. But it was still fashionable and striking. Heidi’s is the white-trash thrift-store version of it. BAAADDDDD!
    Emma looks very nice, though. Great color!