Menu

08.05.12

Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

Diane Kruger was part of the Prada party at the 2012 Met Gala, held in New York on Monday evening.

The German actress opted for another loose-fitting look. This time she wore a Prada purple layered crepe silk chiffon V-necked gown with ostrich feathered hemline.

Her bohemian, romantic look was accessorized with a hot pink embellished clutch and a gold necklace with purple stones.

I didn’t like this at first, but it grew on me as the night wore on.

One thing we can always expect from Diane is a flawless presentation.

Do you like this look, or were you expecting more from Diane?

Credit: Getty

Shailene Woodley In Christopher Kane - 2012 Met Gala

Shailene Woodley In Christopher Kane – 2012 Met Gala

Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen - 2012 Met Gala

Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Met Gala

73 Responses to Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

1. Henrique May 9, 2012 at 14:20 #

I call this perfection. My favourite of the night

2. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 12:08 #

I was really curious to see what people thought, because everyone here seems to love whatever Diane wears. Personally, I dislike this look. It’s not only the top part of the dress, the whole look feels too sloppy for the MET Gala. The skirt is impressive, but it does nothing for the rest of the look. Plus, she should have done something better with her hair and make-up.

3. chyc May 9, 2012 at 08:46 #

The dress from the waist down looks cool but the top is simply sloppy and ill-fitting.

4. Jess2 May 9, 2012 at 03:43 #

I really like this. I think the top could have been better but she looks stunning and pulls off this look of really well. She makes it look so easy

5. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 03:11 #

The top says “picnic” the bottom says “gala”. The amazing necklace does a nice job of bridging that gap. I don’t love it, but her styling helped this tremendously.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 9, 2012 at 02:15 #

Cant decided if I love it or hate it. The color is heaven. Diane is a Goddess.

7. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 23:26 #

Love the necklace, the color, and her, but–Oh, Diane, you let me DOWN! The dress looks weird, like it’s being draaagggged down, and it looks like a tackily low-cut beach dres on top. Her hair is unexciting. Such a disappointment.

8. mariella May 8, 2012 at 21:34 #

i’m obsessed with this look!!

9. Dan Oliver May 8, 2012 at 21:03 #

I really like the color on her i like the bohemian feel to

10. Charlotte May 8, 2012 at 20:32 #

The more times I see it, the more I love it! Whilst I’m not usually a fan of feathers on clothes, I love the drama they bring to this look and the colour seriously jumps out at me! One of my favourites of the night! Amazing coverage, btw! Don’t know how you do it! I couldn’t stay up after 1am to see all the dresses! A serious well done is definitely in order, FC! Thank you!!

11. Jess May 8, 2012 at 19:40 #

amazing! the bottom is gorgeous and the more relaxed top half makes it so current…formal but not too stuffy. It’s just beautiful.

12. Hisadora May 8, 2012 at 19:10 #

I think the color is amazing on her, and the dress is just as beautiful!!!

13. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 17:15 #

I LOVE IT! I was going to cry when I didn’t found a picture of her immediately but when I saw this my dreams came true:
    -Diane attended the gala
    -She wore a swoon-worthy gown
    -She looked flawless.

My best dressed so far and she took a place at my BDOTY list.

14. britta May 8, 2012 at 17:10 #

i just got so excited to see everyone else enjoyed this look as much as me! she is the epitome of boho glamour and she never lets us down. her versatility and range is the most fun to watch.

met gala top 5!