08.05.12

Coco Rocha In Vintage Givenchy – 2012 Met Gala

Coco Rocha opted out of wearing a gown for the 2012 Met Gala taking place tonight in New York City.

On any given Monday, I would be going crazy for this vintage yellow Givenchy embellished jumpsuit with a pink bustier top, as it’s such a refreshing red carpet look, but I’m not getting that ‘wow’ moment from Coco that I’m so used to feeling.

It doesn’t help that she matched her ombre tips to the look.

Coco styled her look with Sergio Rossi satin platform pumps and a gold Kotur clutch.

Coco fierce or Coco the clown?

Credit: Getty

Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs - Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs – Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

Dakota Fanning In Louis Vuitton - 2012 Met Gala

Dakota Fanning In Louis Vuitton – 2012 Met Gala

62 Responses to Coco Rocha In Vintage Givenchy – 2012 Met Gala

1. Mahima May 8, 2012 at 01:18 #

Coco is the type of person who would have shut it down in a gown. I’m disappointed. I wanted a breathtaking moment for her.

2. Chloe May 8, 2012 at 01:19 #

I just can’t take this seriously.

3. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 01:19 #

Isn’t this the Elizabeth Taylor vintage piece? I think the Fug Girls–they’re live-blogging–said that it has a wine-stain on it that Coco preserved.
    I appreciate the sentiment, but frankly, this suit is a MESS whether Elizabeth Taylor owned it or not.
    Coco the Clown. :( Sadness. She should’ve worn Posen!

• beta May 8, 2012 at 18:01 #

really? jaja I love that she kept the wine stain! :)
      yes agree on coco the clown, the hair is too much

4. Riley May 8, 2012 at 01:20 #

This look is fierce and fashion forward, but it becomes Coco the Clown with the hair. Otherwise, she gets a pass because she pulls it off with her confidence. I wish she wore a gown.

5. Christine May 8, 2012 at 01:20 #

What a crazy look. Not in a good way LOL.

Wow, just wow.

6. SilentVisitor May 8, 2012 at 01:21 #

the clown

7. Christina May 8, 2012 at 01:22 #

Coco the clown for sure.

8. Molly May 8, 2012 at 01:22 #

Everyone is saying that Elizabeth Taylor wore this but Im not finding any pictures. If this is the case, what a let down on Coco’s behalf. If you want to be featured on a Who Wore It Better pole with Elizabeth Taylor, I think that she could have done far better than this.
    Coco is should just stick with Zac Posen from now on.

9. Angela May 8, 2012 at 01:23 #

I am not impressed at all, where’s the beautiful Coco Rocha who won BDOTW for her Zac Posen? This is nothing that belongs in the Met Gala, crazy can be amazing, just look at Elizabeth Banks tonight!
    This is more like Willow Smith type crazy.

10. Linda May 8, 2012 at 01:26 #

I love this, but it’s too casual.

11. Lei May 8, 2012 at 01:28 #

Clown.. so very disappointed she didn’t kill it in a Zac Posen creation!

12. Vidhya May 8, 2012 at 01:29 #

I love it minus the hair and shoes!

• Alina May 8, 2012 at 12:38 #

13. MG May 8, 2012 at 01:34 #

Did she lose access to gowns because of her lawsuit against Elle? This outfit is a joke

14. Hannah May 8, 2012 at 01:36 #

Even though I feel that there was little hope for the outfit, it could have been a lot better. To me the shoes are doing by far the worst damage, then the trouser hem, then the hair.

15. T from Sydney May 8, 2012 at 01:37 #

this could of been a good look but shes just not brining it. i missed her in Zacs designs.

16. Afton Awesome May 8, 2012 at 01:39 #

It’s not my fav Coco look, seeing as I’m really really not a yellow person. But given that she’s been waiting since the Liz auction to wear this, I get her choice. She wanted to wear it to something really special and what’s better than the Met Gala? Even if you hate the look, you’ve gotta admit she stands out-tough in that crowd. Putting aside my distaste for the jumpsuit (sorry ET) I think she put her own spin on it, playing with different shades of pink from her hair to shoes, against the bright yellow. Her earrings and clutch play with the embellishment nicely. And sorry, but I love the hair- just wish it was looser and not to one side. Coco FEIRCE!

17. Aline May 8, 2012 at 01:39 #

It’s a gala, it wont hurt to wear a gown *sigh* I’m disappointed.

18. christine May 8, 2012 at 01:41 #

vile. can’t stand coco. just the fact that she actually thought she could pull this off says it all.

19. Flavia May 8, 2012 at 01:45 #

omg….you are a guest of one the most amazing balls you you show up wearing this omg, what is this !!!!

20. msd May 8, 2012 at 01:49 #

The pants are too short, right?

21. Emily May 8, 2012 at 01:52 #

The hair is to blame! The outfit might have worked without the pink tips!

• Liana May 8, 2012 at 07:47 #

That hair is FUGLY. Was she out of her mind? lol

22. push101 May 8, 2012 at 01:54 #

Those shoes would be nicer if they had a peep toe. I dont hate it, but she coulda done better, ofcourse.

23. push101 May 8, 2012 at 01:55 #

Maybe if the pants were a (longer) skirt with a slit in the back, and without the blazer, this woulda been pretty nice i think..

24. Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 02:01 #

No no no this is the Met Gala! This is where you go all out in a dramatic gown. What is this?

25. Grace Patricia May 8, 2012 at 02:51 #

Too clownish!

26. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 8, 2012 at 02:56 #

God Awful. Clown, of course.

27. Emmeline May 8, 2012 at 03:06 #

Definitely Coco the Clown. I may have been able to get onboard if not for the shoes and that ridiculous hair.

28. Azur May 8, 2012 at 03:19 #

I love this look

29. bm May 8, 2012 at 04:20 #

If she opted just a simple black hair, she could earned my love coz I love this vintage Givenchy.

30. Quinn May 8, 2012 at 04:35 #

coco the clown. why coco why?!? *sigh*

31. Joy May 8, 2012 at 05:02 #

Definitely Coco the Clown. Really bad. I especially hate the pants fit. Love the shoes though.

32. pipsqueak May 8, 2012 at 05:08 #

Coco the clown. The hair reminds me of Katy Perry and Rihanna. Please don’t attempt it, Coco, unless you’re in the music business and trying to get yourself street cred. She looked as silly as Barbara Eden’s character Genie in an old American sitcom, I Dream of Jeannie.

33. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 05:21 #

Coco the clown. I hope she will regret her choice of not wearing a Zac Posen gown but a ridiculous Givenchy ensemble instead. I’m sorry for saying this to Givenchy but this is just no from me.

34. bee7 May 8, 2012 at 05:38 #

coco the clown..as soon as i saw her posted this on her facebook i knew it wasn’t going to be good but the hair was beyond me.

35. Joy May 8, 2012 at 05:39 #

I have to comment again about these pants, their going to give me nightmares. I keep picturing an old lady on a cruise wearing her leisure suit! So bad!

36. Felicia May 8, 2012 at 05:55 #

Okay, I get what she was trying to do but… No! I love her! It was a great idea, I’ll give her that but the execution was all sorts of wrong. Wanted to see her tear up the red carpet in an amazing gown or a better ensemble *sigh* I’m so disappointed, Coco

37. Livia May 8, 2012 at 07:00 #

I can’t blame the Givenchy embellished jumpsuit, because it’s actually a good piece. Maybe Coco wants something different; more colorful and stuffs,because, hey it’s nearly summer! Too bad she didn’t pull it off. Why pink bustier? Why with the hair? Why pink satin pumps? At the end, maybe she’ll look ooh in Zac Posen dress. Shocking? Yes. Gasping? Yes. Stunning? Def no.

38. katrina May 8, 2012 at 07:13 #

COCO THE CLOWN

39. Amy May 8, 2012 at 07:13 #

wow, Coco really looks awful here. There’s nothing to save her in that look from the yellow suit to the pink hair

40. misshebble May 8, 2012 at 07:19 #

So. Disappointing. =(

41. vicky May 8, 2012 at 07:19 #

Coco bought this at Elizabeth Taylor auction last year, so yes it’s been worn by her as well.

I was really looking forward to see Coco work this but last night when she posted a photo on twitter during her preperations (the pink hair extension) I screamed NO loudly!

42. manja May 8, 2012 at 08:46 #

clown

43. Jess2 May 8, 2012 at 09:47 #

For the Met Gala?? Really?? This is so Coco the Clown ridiculous that it reeks of ‘notice me’ desperation.

44. rita May 8, 2012 at 09:48 #

I think I won’t be able to look at Coco ever again because I’ll be terrified to witness something as awful as this. And for the love of God what’s up with the hair? It needs to go, now.

45. Francois B May 8, 2012 at 11:59 #

When I saw the picture of her hair getting ready on Instagram, I told myself it was going to be a hot mess. I wasn’t wrong. Where’s the STUNNNINGELEGANTANDBEAUTIFUL Coco?

46. Nat May 8, 2012 at 12:19 #

Argh!!! Dated hair – it looks so awful! Outfit doesnt suit her – she is one of the worse looks by far. My eyes are going to take a while to recover. What was she thinking. The hair alone… oh god.

• msd May 8, 2012 at 12:39 #

I’m not crazy about the outfit either but the hair is deliberate – it’s Schiapiarelli pink.

47. dee May 8, 2012 at 13:52 #

This is awful.

48. Martina May 8, 2012 at 14:59 #

I can’t believe that she wore this!! Out of all people attending, I was sure she would opt for some big and dramatic gown and look stunning. This is so dissapointing, I have no idea what was she thinking when she decided to wear this, and the hair and shoes are so ugly, just sad…

49. Lisa May 8, 2012 at 15:48 #

HATE!

50. Gillian May 8, 2012 at 16:18 #

I think this had the potential to be amazing, but not with that hair, that styling, and on her.

51. Zineb May 8, 2012 at 17:25 #

Yeah definitely Coco the clown

52. John2_el_mejor May 8, 2012 at 19:00 #

I like it! :)

53. gabis May 8, 2012 at 21:05 #

Coco is being featured as one of the worst dressed in many fashion and beauty websites and I must say that initially I thought it so too but then I changed my mind. I still don’t like the outfit itself but I truly love her atittude. She looks way more comfortable and confident than a lot of other celebrities with boring, usual outfits on the red carpet. Plus she seems to be one of the few ones that actually decided to play with the Gala’s theme which I find fantastic. I thought we would see a lot of hot pink on dresses and lips but it ended up a showcase of brownish lips and all the colors you can imagine on dresses except for pink. So kudos for Coco for pulling off her very own homage look for Elsa Schiaparelli. Fierce Coco for sure.

54. Parvati May 8, 2012 at 21:33 #

I don’t love this look, but I don’t hate it either. I love the colours and I think it’s a refreshing change for Coco Rocha, but on the other hand, I’m not crazy about the pink hair and well… it’s the MET Gala, so I always expect to see big, beautiful gowns.

55. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 01:51 #

I appreciate being moved by something Elizabeth Taylor once wore, but wasn’t she 5’2″ on a good day? Not good for model legs. Couldn’t Rocha have bought a dress from her collection?

56. Jill May 9, 2012 at 18:05 #

FIERCE

57. Mana May 12, 2012 at 18:50 #

I love it! I love the pink hair and everything, I mean, I think no one could’ve pull it off better than her, everyone else would look like a “nice try” But she owns it and she works it.

58. Kimmy May 15, 2012 at 03:44 #

Biggest let down of the night for me. Coco could’ve done better. Even if she opted not to wear a gown, she still could’ve done better than this.