08.05.12

Claire Danes In J. Mendel – 2012 Met Gala

Claire Danes was joined by her husband Hugh Dancy on the red carpet at the 2012 Met Gala, held on Monday night in New York City.

She looked amazing wearing a J. Mendel gown.

Her white silk asymmetrical wrap-like gown with a single satin lapel was beautifully covered in crystal embellishments.

The ‘Homeland’ actress continued to sparkle adding Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.

The rest of Claire’s accessories included a deep sky-blue clutch and white Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps

A voluminous updo, cat-eyes and a gorgeous smile completed her look.

My only complaint about this look is that I wish the satin detail stopped at the waist. The look would’ve been cleaner without the trailing satin piece which looks a tad awkward.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Kravitz' Alexander Wang Stadium Laser Cut Leather Dress

Zoe Kravitz’ Alexander Wang Stadium Laser Cut Leather Dress

Katharine McPhee In Elie Saab - 2012 Met Gala

Katharine McPhee In Elie Saab – 2012 Met Gala

24 Responses to Claire Danes In J. Mendel – 2012 Met Gala

1. Wong Hiao Hiao May 8, 2012 at 12:46 #

Claire Danes, the dark horse who surprised me – in a positive way!

FC, kudos on your amazing work. I’m hopelessly hooked to your site! Do you even sleep during high-profile events like MET??

• Fashion Critic May 8, 2012 at 12:54 #

I got 3 hours, but I wasn’t tired….too excited to feature all the looks to sleep

2. Lara May 8, 2012 at 13:18 #

Love this… love love love this. Her hair is exquisite and her make-up is flawless. I agree about the satin part, but otherwise I just love.

• noo May 8, 2012 at 22:37 #

her hair and make up mesmerize me!!! she just looks divine, even though i agree with most people about the satin!

3. Alina May 8, 2012 at 13:36 #

Love this! So retro!

4. vicky May 8, 2012 at 13:48 #

Agree about the satin part.
    I like the change of hairstyle!

5. Grace Patricia May 8, 2012 at 13:52 #

She looks very elegant and white is great on her.

6. Shruti May 8, 2012 at 14:11 #

Love the colour palette here. The clutch, the dress, the make up and hair altogether. Perfect, harmonious hues.

7. Nat May 8, 2012 at 14:27 #

I agree that there’s something kinda awkward and not entirely flattering in the bottom half of the dress, but overall I think she looks great. And I love her updo, very classic and elegant.

8. harris May 8, 2012 at 14:41 #

gorgeous

9. bm May 8, 2012 at 14:42 #

What i loved the most from this picture is her neutral make-up and her hair. Love it.
    And the dress is pretty in white, but a little bit reminds me of a bridal gown.

10. Christine May 8, 2012 at 15:05 #

The love the blue clutch against the white dress.

11. Riley May 8, 2012 at 15:30 #

Meh. So meh. I know Claire’s style is minimalist, but this is just bland, despite the sparkle and blue clutch.

12. Rebecca Z May 8, 2012 at 16:40 #

I want to love this but I don’t. I think her body is too athletic for this dress, and then there is her very long waist. She has to be so careful about proportions and she just doesn’t seem to have figured that out.

• peach May 8, 2012 at 23:49 #

I agree. She looks good but to me this dress needs a little more boob to look feminine.

13. Hannah May 8, 2012 at 17:31 #

Even though I maintian that she usualyl looks dull, I really like this look, mostly because of the clutch. White and turquoise ahs me desperate for the sun, but somehow, with the weather as it is, I don’t see that happening soon.
    The only turn off for me is the makup, either the foundation or lipstick makes her face look a bit beige, and it’s strange. It also reminds me of the ‘dressing robe’ dress of teh Vanit Fair afte rparty 2 years ago.

14. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 18:41 #

It’s SO good to see Claire Danes on form after her previous dissapointing looks. I love this look so much that I can overlook the satin detail. Actually I don’t mind it at all. She looks perfect nonetheless. Her hair and make-up are amazing finishing touches.

15. serenissima7 May 8, 2012 at 19:37 #

she looks fantastic. love the skin and hair especially.

16. gabis May 8, 2012 at 20:26 #

She looks perfect. I love the nude lips with the cat-eyes, the 60′s inspired bun and the blue clutch. Flawless!

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 9, 2012 at 00:05 #

Unflattering, confusing and way too low cut. It’s very “minimalist,” yes, but I would like to see her step out of her comfort zone for a minute or two.

18. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 03:46 #

I tend to love J. Mendel, and this is a good example of why: it’s simple without forsaking creativity.

19. Felicia May 9, 2012 at 11:00 #

LOVE THIS!!!

20. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 12:27 #

Finally, Claire Danes has stepped out of her comfort zone and has started giving us different looks every time! She looks great! The dress is nice, the hairstyle looks great on her and the accessories are perfect – especially the clutch!

21. Dominique May 10, 2012 at 01:10 #

Oooh I love her. She looks great, the top half of the dress works… I think, but the bottom is just messy.