Anna Wintour In Prada & Bee Shaffer In Erdem – 2012 Met Gala

As host of the ‘Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations’ Costume Institute Gala, held in New York this evening, Anna Wintour was the first to arrive on the red carpet with her daughter, Bee Shaffer.

Anna surprisingly didn’t wear Chanel this year; instead she opted for a Prada custom-made gown with a gold lobster motif.

Wearing her favourite beaded necklace, and Manolo Blahnik kitten heels, no doubt, the Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue completed her look with a white fur cape.

Bee, who always wears a dramatic gown for this event, didn’t let us down by looking equally beautiful wearing an Erdem Fall 2012 gown.

The blue, black and white gown with embroidered lace had a V-necked line and a beautiful train.

Bee lets her beauty shine through with minimal makeup and stunning chandelier earrings.

What a great way to kick-start proceedings.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Carey Mulligan In Prada - 2012 Met Gala

Carey Mulligan In Prada – 2012 Met Gala

28 Responses to Anna Wintour In Prada & Bee Shaffer In Erdem – 2012 Met Gala

1. Christine May 8, 2012 at 00:21 #

Nice to see something new from Anna. I love her daughter’s dress!

• Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 05:06 #

• Alina May 8, 2012 at 12:22 #

2. Riley May 8, 2012 at 00:25 #

Both ladies look amazing. I love Anna’s lobster detail on her gown, as it makes her look interesting.

I adore Bee’s gown. It is far more stunning on her than the runway.

3. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 00:30 #

Anna definitely made a tribute to Schiaparelli, but the lobster dress was never one of my favorites. She looks elegant, but Bee blows me away in that showstopping Erdem gown! So much better than on the runway!

4. Ramsay May 8, 2012 at 00:30 #

Is there a photo of Anna without that fur cape? That dress looks interesting

5. Alex May 8, 2012 at 00:36 #

It’s refreshing not to see Anna in Chanel Couture, as she often wears to the Met Gala. I think the white is stunning. Bee is absolutely breathtaking in her gown. That blue is so regal.

6. SilentVisitor May 8, 2012 at 00:54 #

OMG, I live Anna’s dress. For once, I actually like what she wears……

7. Lola May 8, 2012 at 01:05 #

FC – this Prada gown with the gold lobster motif…. Is it an homage to the Schiaparelli lobster gown?

Just curious!

• CreoleLady May 8, 2012 at 11:16 #

Lola, thank you for posting this link. Did not get the lobster reference until now. Totally appreciate Anna Wintour’s look a lot more as a result. Bee looks fabulous.

• Lola May 9, 2012 at 06:34 #

You’re welcome :)

8. Ashlee May 8, 2012 at 01:23 #

The Devil does indeed wear Prada!

• Jess2 May 8, 2012 at 08:21 #

hahaha good one

9. T from Sydney May 8, 2012 at 01:40 #

amazing!!! i am in LOVE with the fur cape!!!!

10. bm May 8, 2012 at 04:03 #

I hate women who wore fur.
    But, Bee really blew me away, the dress is amazing in her body, and the fact that it is blue can’t hurt either.

11. Wong Hiao Hiao May 8, 2012 at 04:10 #

Both are beautiful, but Anna blew me away. Am I the only person who thinks Bee looks a little like Rachel Weiz?

12. Felicia May 8, 2012 at 04:41 #

Anna looks so elegant. Timeless. Classic Wintour. But, what I would’ve kinda loved to have seen it without that fur shawl thing. Just to shock the public a bit. But then again I guess by wearing it, it’s making the outfit a tad bit more age appropriate.

13. Joy May 8, 2012 at 05:19 #

I thought I was making a joke to myself,by saying it looks like she has a lobster on her dress, when she REALLY has a lobster on her dress. Sorry I don’t buy into the snakes, lobster, etc. detailing. Besides the lobster, she looks very much like we’ve seen her a millions times.

14. pipsqueak May 8, 2012 at 05:24 #

Bee’s truly beautiful. She seems so well brought up. While she has full access to gorgeous clothes, fashion doesn’t seem like the focus of her life. This modified version of the gown looks much better than the one on the model. Erdem uses unknown models for his shows, so the newbies don’t always breathe life into his clothes.

• Mol May 8, 2012 at 16:47 #

I like your comment, Bee was one of my favorites of the night and I think a big part of it is the lovely feeling she brings to the dress – just her simplicity and a kind of honest beauty.

15. Jess2 May 8, 2012 at 08:21 #

Bee looks amazing, I think this look is perfect!! I really love the dress!!

16. Andreea May 8, 2012 at 13:15 #

I lean in fron of Anna ! She looks amazing !

17. dee May 8, 2012 at 13:47 #

Don’t like Anna’s fur but her dress looks beautiful. Bee looks great too.

18. Rebecca Z May 8, 2012 at 17:25 #

This night could turn me into a Prada convert. Not usually in love with their looks, but this dress, Carey Mulligan and someone else much later in the posts (I am addled) are turning me around. And I don’t even like Anna Wintour, but she looks good here (except for that awful hair!!!).

19. Rachel V. May 9, 2012 at 00:49 #

Wish Anna did not wear fur. Fur trade is brutally cruel to animals. I shall never again buy Vogue magazine.

20. Kiran May 9, 2012 at 02:42 #

I’m clearly too much of a fashion addict but I realised that the one of the necklaces Anna wore is the same as she wore to the 1994 Met Gala: http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/18/1/166/1668379/652c7153fcb43ddd_AnnaWinto_RonG_12034691_Max.preview/i/Anna-Wintours-Met-Gala-Looks.jpg

Also, I love the lobster detail on her dress in homage Schiaparelli’s iconic dress. The perfect mix of Miuccia & Elsa.

21. David May 9, 2012 at 07:13 #

Anna is wearing Prada most likely because Prada is being honored at this event. The lobster motif is quirky and just plain wonderful. Bee looks stunning in that dramatic blue and wonderful exciting pattern.