Amber Heard In Zac Posen – ‘The Conversation’ Series Launch Celebration

Amber Heard joined Diane Kruger, Gwyneth Paltrow and a host of celebrity guests at the DVF Studio in New York City yesterday to attend ‘The Conversation Launch’ Series Celebration.

The blonde actress didn’t wear a DVF dress like the other attendees; instead she wore a red hot Zac Posen Fall 2012 dress.

Her strapless two-tone raspberry-and-red bustier dress was presented as a long-sleeve cold-shoulder dress, but Amber is always one to go for a sexier version.

The only thing letting her down is those bow-front peep-toes. A sexy strappy sandal would’ve been much preferred.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2012 Met Gala: Who's Taking Who?

2012 Met Gala: Who’s Taking Who?

Madewell Sunglasses

Madewell Sunglasses

25 Responses to Amber Heard In Zac Posen – ‘The Conversation’ Series Launch Celebration

1. Alina May 7, 2012 at 14:45 #

Beautiful. Love the strong colours.

2. Riley May 7, 2012 at 14:46 #

She should’ve worn DVF. Really. It’s just one of those events where she should’ve donned the honored/sponsoring designer. Really, she couldn’t have worn a $300 DVF dress with killer designer accessories?

I hate the shoes with the dress. Ugh.
    I love the runway. It was perfection and any modification is a sin.

If I didn’t love the runway so much her raspberry bustier wouldn’t offend me so much, as it is pretty.
    But no. And the skirt looks awkward.

3. gabis May 7, 2012 at 14:55 #

Oh gosh, NO. She looks very uninspired. And those shoes, what a nightmare! She might as well had gone barefooted. I bet her feet are prettier than those shoes.
    When I look at that picture, all I can see are the jumping twins and the fugly shoes.

4. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2012 at 14:55 #

Had she worn the stunning runway version, this would have been a classic look that was showstopping but subtle. The raspberry bustier is tacky, and the hip details are too much when they aren’t balanced by the original top. The shoes are bad as well.

• bm May 7, 2012 at 16:15 #

+ 1
      And I doubt that she can do a sophisticated look after many, I mean MANY, sexy red carpet outfits.

• Kai May 7, 2012 at 16:28 #

+1 the hip details look better with the runway outfit

5. Yeliz May 7, 2012 at 14:56 #

It’s definitely too tight in the bust area but I don’t like the rest of her look either. The shoes are my biggest complaint followed by her hair and make-up.

6. Ashley May 7, 2012 at 15:23 #

Completely agree! There were absolutely perfect Ferragamo sandals for this….she’s been off on the shoe choices for quite some time now.

• Fashion Critic May 7, 2012 at 15:39 #

OMG…you are so right. They would have been perfect

7. fromchi-town May 7, 2012 at 15:26 #

What happened??? Don’t like it at all. It is too tight in the bust area – which cheapens the whole look and the shoes are terrible.

8. Wong Hiao Hiao May 7, 2012 at 15:43 #

Ugh. She looks cheap.

9. Christine May 7, 2012 at 15:55 #

She looks good.

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 7, 2012 at 17:27 #

Quite hate this. With the bustier. Makes the skirt look like coffin.

11. Rebecca Z May 7, 2012 at 17:30 #

I agree–she looks bad and awkward–like she knows this was a mistake.

FC–I was in Denver, CO last weekend and they have a fabulous YSL retrospective show at the Denver Art Museum–here is a link http://www.denverartmuseum.org/exhibitions/yves-saint-laurent-retrospective

The exhibit is beautifully designed and very informative–great clothes accompanied by films, photographs, his workroom, walls full of fabric swatches, etc. So worth attending for anyone in the Denver area this summer.

12. Malinda Jane May 7, 2012 at 17:46 #

I can scarcely breath just looking at her in this dress. The bustier is WAY too tight!

Also, it really irks me when celebs don’t wear the designer who sponsored the event. I’m sure they even send them a selection of looks, so it always seems a little rude to me.

13. Juliana May 7, 2012 at 18:48 #

It actually took me quite some time to get pass the terribly ill-fitted bustier… I’m much more bothered by that than by her shoes (that are not good, at all).

14. Lori May 7, 2012 at 19:10 #

This titty squisher gets a thumbs down. My nipples hurt just looking at her.

• Sunna May 7, 2012 at 21:57 #

+1 don’t like the squished look…

Totally off topic: I was watching Felicia Day’s Flog on youtube and RCFA is on her Fave Five this week. It made me happy because I love her and you! Total fangirl moment :)

Here is a link if you want, just go to 1:30

• Fashion Critic May 7, 2012 at 22:47 #

OMG…that is so cute..thanks for sharing. I would’ve missed it.

Happy to know I scratch her girlie itch LOL.

15. robbie May 7, 2012 at 20:10 #

this is a rare occasion when she looks bad. i also wish she had wore diane von furstenberg, does she think she is anna wintour haha.

16. lyla May 7, 2012 at 21:49 #

She looks so bad that taking a quick look at the pic I could tell it was Lindsay Lohan there…

17. barefoot duchess May 7, 2012 at 22:15 #

she is such a beautiful girl, but this does not look good on her, i think…

18. Afton Awesome May 8, 2012 at 01:59 #

Holy guys, She looks gorgeous! The bustier (which isn’t too tight, it’s a bustier for goodness sakes) balances the skirt nicely. Though, I agree a lighter shoe would’ve been ideal. Maybe a sexy strappy silver sandal or a bright purple or blue. Sultry but not over the top sexy. I really don’t like the runway version though.

19. Jess2 May 8, 2012 at 08:11 #

This is not like Amber at all. It all feels like a mess. Hate the shoes and I really don’t like her hair

20. Lou May 8, 2012 at 22:26 #

Oh no – looks too tight on the bust!