Amber Heard In Zac Posen – ‘The Conversation’ Series Launch Celebration

Amber Heard joined Diane Kruger, Gwyneth Paltrow and a host of celebrity guests at the DVF Studio in New York City yesterday to attend ‘The Conversation Launch’ Series Celebration.

The blonde actress didn’t wear a DVF dress like the other attendees; instead she wore a red hot Zac Posen Fall 2012 dress.

Her strapless two-tone raspberry-and-red bustier dress was presented as a long-sleeve cold-shoulder dress, but Amber is always one to go for a sexier version.

The only thing letting her down is those bow-front peep-toes. A sexy strappy sandal would’ve been much preferred.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

25 thoughts on “Amber Heard In Zac Posen – ‘The Conversation’ Series Launch Celebration

1. Riley

She should’ve worn DVF. Really. It’s just one of those events where she should’ve donned the honored/sponsoring designer. Really, she couldn’t have worn a $300 DVF dress with killer designer accessories?

I hate the shoes with the dress. Ugh.
    I love the runway. It was perfection and any modification is a sin.

If I didn’t love the runway so much her raspberry bustier wouldn’t offend me so much, as it is pretty.
    But no. And the skirt looks awkward.

2. gabis

Oh gosh, NO. She looks very uninspired. And those shoes, what a nightmare! She might as well had gone barefooted. I bet her feet are prettier than those shoes.
    When I look at that picture, all I can see are the jumping twins and the fugly shoes.

3. EmmaWoodhouse

Had she worn the stunning runway version, this would have been a classic look that was showstopping but subtle. The raspberry bustier is tacky, and the hip details are too much when they aren’t balanced by the original top. The shoes are bad as well.

1. bm

+ 1
      And I doubt that she can do a sophisticated look after many, I mean MANY, sexy red carpet outfits.

4. Yeliz

It’s definitely too tight in the bust area but I don’t like the rest of her look either. The shoes are my biggest complaint followed by her hair and make-up.

5. Ashley

Completely agree! There were absolutely perfect Ferragamo sandals for this….she’s been off on the shoe choices for quite some time now.

6. fromchi-town

What happened??? Don’t like it at all. It is too tight in the bust area – which cheapens the whole look and the shoes are terrible.

7. Rebecca Z

I agree–she looks bad and awkward–like she knows this was a mistake.

FC–I was in Denver, CO last weekend and they have a fabulous YSL retrospective show at the Denver Art Museum–here is a link http://www.denverartmuseum.org/exhibitions/yves-saint-laurent-retrospective

The exhibit is beautifully designed and very informative–great clothes accompanied by films, photographs, his workroom, walls full of fabric swatches, etc. So worth attending for anyone in the Denver area this summer.

8. Malinda Jane

I can scarcely breath just looking at her in this dress. The bustier is WAY too tight!

Also, it really irks me when celebs don’t wear the designer who sponsored the event. I’m sure they even send them a selection of looks, so it always seems a little rude to me.

9. Juliana

It actually took me quite some time to get pass the terribly ill-fitted bustier… I’m much more bothered by that than by her shoes (that are not good, at all).

1. Sunna

+1 don’t like the squished look…

Totally off topic: I was watching Felicia Day’s Flog on youtube and RCFA is on her Fave Five this week. It made me happy because I love her and you! Total fangirl moment :)

Here is a link if you want, just go to 1:30

1. Fashion Critic Post author

OMG…that is so cute..thanks for sharing. I would’ve missed it.

Happy to know I scratch her girlie itch LOL.

10. robbie

this is a rare occasion when she looks bad. i also wish she had wore diane von furstenberg, does she think she is anna wintour haha.

11. lyla

She looks so bad that taking a quick look at the pic I could tell it was Lindsay Lohan there…

12. Afton Awesome

Holy guys, She looks gorgeous! The bustier (which isn’t too tight, it’s a bustier for goodness sakes) balances the skirt nicely. Though, I agree a lighter shoe would’ve been ideal. Maybe a sexy strappy silver sandal or a bright purple or blue. Sultry but not over the top sexy. I really don’t like the runway version though.

13. Jess2

This is not like Amber at all. It all feels like a mess. Hate the shoes and I really don’t like her hair