04.05.12

Balmain’s Private Dinner Party

Following the successful launch of Balmain’s twitter and facebook accounts earlier this week, Olivier Rousteing, the designer of the brand, hosted a party at the newly opened La Piscine restaurant at Hotel Americano in New York City last night.

He invited his favourite girls Arizona Muse, Anya Ziourova, Kasia Struss, Karlie Kloss and Constance Jablonski, who were all decked out in Balmain, to join the celebrations.

I was going to blow off going to the gym this weekend, but this picture has put me back on track. What a bunch of gorgeous, well chiselled people.

If you have been following Balmain’s tweets, you will know that Olivier is in also in town for fittings ahead of Monday’s Met Gala.

Fingers crossed that Zoe Saldana is his plus one.

Karlie Kloss wore one of my favourite embellished leather jackets from the Balmain Spring 2012 collection. My love for this jacket and my equal love for Karlie will allow me to me pretend I didn’t see her visible bra.

Arizona Muse selected a laid-back black tee and white pants look which she teamed with a white Balmain Spring 2012 leather jacket with gold studded details.

Constance Jablonski wore a Balmain Spring 2012 black-and-white embossed patent leather mini dress with a matching clutch and black satin pumps with a gold chain detail.

Kasia Struss donned a head-to-toe Balmain look featuring a green leather skirt from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection with a central split, which she wore in the lookbook. The rest of her look included a classic Balmain blazer teamed with a black sheer top, Balmain booties, a gold belt from Balmain’s Fall 2012 collection and a black clutch.

These two are too perfect. I can’t cope.

Credit: Style.com & Billy Farrell Agency

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Diane Kruger In Balmain - 'Le Grand Journal'

Diane Kruger In Balmain – ‘Le Grand Journal’

18 Responses to Balmain’s Private Dinner Party

1. mattison May 4, 2012 at 17:57 #

Karlie can’t be human. There’s no way one person should be allowed to look so amazing. That picture of her with Olivier is gorgeous, yet incredibly unfair of them, especially when I’m reading this in sweatpants and haven’t even brushed my teeth yet today. Sigh…

2. Nat39 May 4, 2012 at 17:58 #

I understand your love for the embellished leather jacket on Karlie. I want it!!
    Karlie’s and Constance’s are the two looks I prefer out of this group.

3. Christine May 4, 2012 at 18:06 #

He is hot.

• Alina May 5, 2012 at 04:36 #

Good point. :)

4. EmmaWoodhouse May 4, 2012 at 18:08 #

Love Karlie’s jacket, and would love Constance’s dress if it was longer. Other than that nothing really stood out to me.

5. TeuntjeVDW May 4, 2012 at 18:22 #

Speaking of beautiful people, damn…

6. Riley May 4, 2012 at 18:35 #

None of the models’ looks are doing anything for them. Karlie’s pants for awful. I don’t ‘get’ her style. She may be a great model, but her style is lacking. When you compare Karlie’s style to Supermodel Style Stars like Miranda Kerr and Rosie Huntington Whitley Karlie’s style is severely lacking.

Arizona’s top under the jacket is awkward.

Constance’s [Givenchy?] shoes are ugly and don’t work at all. I hate Anya’s tights and Kassia’s visible bra.

Even Olivier’s leather pants are horrendous.

7. Unfortunately, Joan Smalls will be his Plus 1.

8. Amy May 4, 2012 at 19:07 #

sorry only Constance does it for me, she looks nice (Karlie too in some way).
    With the stellar aw12 collection I was expecting something more amazing coming from models

9. CreoleLady May 4, 2012 at 20:08 #

He’s prettier than the women, lol. From this blog to the fashion gods’ ears re Zoe Saldana.

• Amy May 4, 2012 at 22:01 #

Rousteing is taking Joan Smalls to the ball

• CreoleLady May 5, 2012 at 01:38 #

Thanks for the tip. Well, Joan Smalls is an incredibly striking woman so I can’t quibble over that choice.

10. Mimi May 4, 2012 at 21:53 #

Models are not the ones with good fashion sense, sorry. I don’t understand the hype.

11. Simon May 4, 2012 at 23:57 #

Olivier is my husband. haha

12. Quinn May 5, 2012 at 01:45 #

all of them are equally gorgeous i can’t pick my favorite!!

13. Mol May 5, 2012 at 02:11 #

I agree F.C., the bottom photograph of Karlie and Olivier = perfection beyond reason!

14. pipsqueak May 5, 2012 at 04:21 #

I love all these models! They’re models for fashion editors, for Fashion Week runways, and for portrait photographers. They’re not models for the people, for retail catalogs, or for movie premieres. They could’ve tried a bit harder to work these fab clothes, but I suppose they didn’t feel like selling the clothes since it was a private party. I like how they looked laidback and effortless. Olivier is simply hot.

15. Jess2 May 5, 2012 at 04:35 #

I can’t get over Karlie Kloss, how can one person be such unbelievably beautiful. Her look is my favourite and I love Constance’s dress but really hate her shoes. I hardly recognised Arizona when she was smiling. I am with you on the gym thing FC, I think I’m going to double my work outs after seeing this hehe