Who Wore Roland Mouret Better? Amy Adams or Amanda de Cadenet

Amy Adams wore a stunning Roland Mouret dress to the LA premiere of ‘The Muppets’ back in November.

This chic red-and-ivory ‘Herbert’ frock with black accents was our first look at this collection on the red carpet.

Her alluring dress, which she teamed with nude Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ pumps and statement earrings, showed off her flawless figure.

Amanda de Cadenet wore the same dress to an InStyle event held in her honour last month.

The photographer and TV host opted for all-black accessories for her dress which had black shoulder straps.

Amy wins for me. The fit is more flattering, her styling is more polished and her accessories are more complementary.

You can buy their Roland Mouret dress from Net-A-Porter US, Net-A-Porter International and Browns Fashion.

Credit: Getty

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Ni Ni

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Natalie Portman or Ni Ni

16 Responses to Who Wore Roland Mouret Better? Amy Adams or Amanda de Cadenet

1. Mandy May 3, 2012 at 09:28 #

Didn’t know that one can actually make a RM dress look so trashy.

2. TL May 3, 2012 at 10:58 #

Needless to say, it’s definitely Amy. I thought it will be a 100% vs. 0% poll.

• Yeliz May 3, 2012 at 14:45 #

3. Bec May 3, 2012 at 11:12 #

Amanda is far too “booby” for this top – it makes the dress look cheap.

On another note…slightly obsessed with the Dion Lee dress in your favourites!

• Jess2 May 3, 2012 at 13:33 #

Almost exactly what I was thinking word for word!! Amy makes the dress look elegant and unfortunately Amanda’s look is the complete opposite. The dress is not flattering to her shape and the belt is messy.
      I’m also loving the Dion Lee dress as well as the Valentino pumps :)

4. Jones19 May 3, 2012 at 12:39 #

I’ve never seen someone win by such a huge margin.

5. Riley May 3, 2012 at 12:50 #

What is comes down to is curves. Amanda isn’t overweight, she is just curvy. Amy is Hollywood thin, and Roland’s designs tend to look better on thinner women who need the curves his designs give them.

6. Sonya May 3, 2012 at 13:33 #

This isn’t even a contest. What was Amanda thinking?

7. Christy May 3, 2012 at 18:20 #

Wow! I agree this dress is not made for a curvy woman like Amanda.

This is one of my favorite looks that Amy has ever worn. Love the color on her and the silhouette of the dress just hits her in all the right places.

8. robbie May 3, 2012 at 18:49 #

amanda slaughtered this dress, how could such a gorgeous dress be made to look so cheap, it actually looks knock off.

9. EmmaWoodhouse May 3, 2012 at 21:20 #

Classy redhead vs. barmaid…ummmm is there even a contest? I think the poll results speak for themselves!

10. Patty May 3, 2012 at 23:44 #

The only reason Amy is winning this poll is because she’s thinner. I don’t understand how a dress can be only acceptable on a thinner woman, while on a woman who has bigger breasts and hips it is seen as trashy and unacceptable. How does showing this much cleavage make the outfit cheap? If a woman with a more acceptable body shape showed the exact same amount of cleavage (think Rhianna) it would be seen as ‘sexy’ and totally appropriate for the outfit. It all comes down to which dresses society is okay with seeing larger women in and which one’s are restricted because they show too much of larger bodies. An example that comes to mind is Adele, who wins best dressed because she wears dresses that are long and don’t show any cleavage, but I wonder what would happen if she a low-cut item. Let’s check ourselves before we start bashing larger women on ruining dresses with their bodies.

• Fashion Critic May 4, 2012 at 01:59 #

I don’t think size is the issue. It’s more about presentation and accessorising for me.

• pipsqueak May 4, 2012 at 06:38 #

Well said and absolutely true. That’s exactly why Amy wins for me. Confident and elegant.

11. Maria Claudia May 5, 2012 at 19:06 #

I’m sorry to say that but this is not even fair to compare..

12. Carole Wilson August 18, 2012 at 21:28 #

I think people are voting for stick thin Amy because that’s what the “in” look is right now. Why are women so bloody scared of curves? Why can’t we be free to look like grown women with bums,boobs and hips instead of striving our entire lives to have the figures of prepubescent boys? I vote for womens rights to be women. I vote for the right to eat as much food as we damn well like WITHOUT feeling guilty or getting caught in a game of emotional tug of war each time we feel a twinge of hunger! Only pedophiles, gay men pretending that their heterosexual,fasionistas and the brainwashed lean toward the look of young teen looking grown women. And by the way all those who are silently saying “This must be a fat girl talking!”-I am a 35yr old woman and I am a british size 12. Prior to this I maintained a british size 6-8 until I grew a brain,chilled the hell out,stopped chasing my own tail and making my life a misery and being so superficial,pretentious,self-absorbed and up my own butt. Real men/the majority of men, don’t give a crap about fashion or whats in vogue or who looks better in what bloody dress. They quite simply adore voluptuous fully grown real women who are confident and happy with who they are. Enjoy being feminine. Embrace it! Love your curves-don’t hate them! For they represent womanhood.Womanhood is nothing to be scared of ladies!