Naeem Khan Private Dinner Party

Celebrities gathered at the Chateau Marmont last night for a private dinner party to celebrate the designer favoured by Michelle Obama and Florence Welch, Naeem Khan.

Jordana Brewster: The ‘Fast and the Furious’ actress selected a sleeveless abstract-print dress with a pleated skirt from the Resort 2012 collection in muted colours of taupe and turquoise. I love the bejewelled belt which complements the floral beading on the dress. Her look was accessorized with purple accessories which included Jerome C. Rousseau ‘Aizza’ aubergine satin pumps and a Lauren Merkin ‘Eve’clutch.

Teresa Palmer: The Australian actress selected a more colourful look from the designer’s Spring 2011 collection. Her yellow short-sleeve dress with multi-coloured floral sequin embroidery was teamed with an oversized red Ela ‘MILCK’ (Money / ID / Lipstick / Cell / Keys) clutch and gunmetal-grey Sergio Rossi pumps which weigh down the look.

Ahna O’Reilly: Opting for a top-knot hairstyle, the ‘The Help’ actress wore a cute Pre-Fall 2012 sleeveless dress. The white dress with gold circle appliqué and a full skirt was teamed with a taupe Ela ‘MILCK’ clutch with matching pumps with a jewelled detail.

Ellie Kemper: This was my favourite look. ‘The Office’ actress wore a beadwork on her drop-waist dress from the Fall 2012 collection. The green-and-sand felt appliqué dress works perfectly with her milky complexion. I wish the Ela ‘MILCK’ clutch was smaller, but I do love her gunmetal-grey open-toe ankle-strap heels.

Credit: Getty & style.com

Jessica Chastain For W Magazine May 2012

Jessica Chastain For W Magazine May 2012

Brooklyn Decker In Antonio Berardi - 'Battleship' Cartagena Photocall

Brooklyn Decker In Antonio Berardi – ‘Battleship’ Cartagena Photocall

11 Responses to Naeem Khan Private Dinner Party

1. Christine May 3, 2012 at 17:07 #

Ellie Kemper’s look. Hands down. So pretty!!

• Jones19 May 3, 2012 at 21:02 #

+1 Love that geometrical print.

• Alina May 4, 2012 at 12:33 #

2. Hannah May 3, 2012 at 17:32 #

When I looked at this post I was surpsied at how wonderfully dressed everyone was. Then I read ‘Naeem Khan Private Dinner’ and it all makes sense now.

3. Nat39 May 3, 2012 at 17:37 #

Ellie looks best, agree. Jordana’s purple accessories don’t make much sense (go for brighter turquoise if you want some colour). Teresa’s pumps are too heavy for the summery floral dress, and Anna’s pointy pumps and messy top knot are an eyesore.

4. Aurelien May 3, 2012 at 17:50 #

I’m so happy with this event, I love Ellie Kemper look ! I was seriously missing Naeem Khan’s designs, as we can’t see Michelle Obama’s last one.

5. Yeliz May 3, 2012 at 18:15 #

Teresa could’ve easily been my favorite if she hadn’t worn those stupid pumps! She always gets it wrong on the shoe department.
    I agree that Ellie is the best here. I like Jordana’s dress too but the accessories really don’t fit at all. I don’t like Ahna’s hair and shoes.

6. Riley May 3, 2012 at 19:17 #

I would’ve been swooning over Jordana’s look had she opted her turquoise strappy sandals.

What is it with Teresa Palmer and shoes? They must have a dysfunctional relationship. She should hire a counselor. I don’t think she has a stylist judging by her past looks. If she does, it’s fire time.

Ahna O’Riley is always SUPER cute. She is just cuter than a button. I like her look. It is perfect for her.

My Girl Crush Ellie Kemper thankfully was in attendance, showing off her excellent sense of style. I can live with the clutch because she is so charming and cute. I love her new shade of red. Hopefully she doesn’t stray away from her natural red hair.

They each chose great lust-worthy dresses but some didn’t accessorize right.

By the way, FC you would make me SWOON in Teresa’s Spring 2011 dress. You might say ‘oh it’s too short’ but honey you are smokin’. You would look far better than Teresa and fo sho accessorize correctly!

• Fashion Critic May 3, 2012 at 19:23 #

thanks for the vote of confidence x :D

7. EmmaWoodhouse May 3, 2012 at 21:33 #

Jordana looks lovely but I wish she’d opted for better shoes.
    Teresa could have accessorized MUCH better. Those heavy shoes brought her look down.
    Ahna looks great from the neck down but her hair is a mess.
    Ellie is my favorite with Jordana. She looks AWESOME and pulls off a difficulat looK! :D

8. Bec May 3, 2012 at 22:36 #

Ellie is fast becoming my new girl crush :D :D Along with Cobie!

P.S 3 Days till the Met Gala!! :D :D