02.05.12

The Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences’ Screening Of ‘Glee’

The girls from ‘Glee’ walked the red carpet at the Leonard Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood yesterday for The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ screening of ‘Glee’.

Lea Michele: For once, Jennifer Lopez Junior didn’t wear an upstaging look. In the past Lea has donned a sexy Versace dress with a thigh-split to these types of events, but on this occasion she wore a casual white Jenni Kayne dress with silver metallic Giambattista Vall Spring 2012 Couture sandals. A simple ponytail completed her look. I have to say I’m shocked.

Jayma Mays: The actress looked super sweet and summery wearing a Dolce & Gabbana yellow floral-print dress. She added a cool breeze to her look with an ocean-blue Judith Leiber clutch and nude Jimmy Choo pumps. I’m loving her flawless makeup and flicked red tresses.

Naya Rivera: This black-and-white dress may be a great look for Naya to show off her toned legs, but I feel like something is missing to stop this look feeling so rigid.

Heather Morris: I have no words for this look. Actually I have one: horrendous.

Credit: Getty

Khloe Kardashian's Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Colour Block Platform Sandals

Khloe Kardashian’s Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Colour Block Platform Sandals

Balmain Launches Facebook & Twitter Accounts

Balmain Launches Facebook & Twitter Accounts

30 Responses to The Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences’ Screening Of ‘Glee’

1. Terry May 2, 2012 at 14:12 #

Heather’s dress is a nightmare, but the black socks/white shoes combo will be hard to wipe off my memory. Terrible.

2. robbie May 2, 2012 at 14:22 #

lea looks fantastic, so much better here than when she desperately tries to look fierce and sexy.

jayma everything is great from the ankles up, a dress like that needs a strappy sandal.

naya dont like it at all.

heather though LMFAO total train wreck.

3. bm May 2, 2012 at 14:24 #

Zzzzzz….

• dee May 2, 2012 at 16:56 #

I agree I am not crazy about any of these looks.

4. Yeliz May 2, 2012 at 14:24 #

I can’t get my eyes off of Heather Morris but for a very disturbing reason. I didn’t saw such a bad, awful and awkward look lately. What was she thinking when she chose this dress or top and skirt or whatever and those stupid shoes?

My favorite here is Lea Michele. Actually I don’t like Lea Michele’s style in general but this one is great, I really like it.

Jayma Mays looks very nice too but again nude pumps are destroying such a cute look. Sandals in the color of her clutch would’ve been preferred.

I find Naya Rivera’s look quite boring. I agree with you FC that there is something missing. Maybe colorful shoes or a belt?

• Alina May 2, 2012 at 16:28 #

5. Lee May 2, 2012 at 14:29 #

For me, these looks go from bad to worse. Love Lea’s shoes but that’s about it. Her dress seems as if it’s been tucked into her underwear, especially at the back. Although, she does look the best out of the group.

6. feliciab May 2, 2012 at 14:46 #

Maybe a deep V-neck for Ms Rivera’s dress would’ve mitigated its severity. Or shorter sleeves. Or both. As for Ms Morris’ look – couldn’t agree more.

7. Colleen May 2, 2012 at 14:47 #

Love Lea’s shoes and they look like the fit her for once! I think she looks very pretty. Jayma looks adorable, but I wish she wore sandals instead of pumps. I think if Naya added a pair of funky shoes the look would have looked less rigid. I am with you, FC, on Heather – no words, except: hire a (better) stylist.

8. Christine May 2, 2012 at 14:57 #

I am too shocked to see Lea michele’s outfit not showcasing a split or OTT pose.

Maybe she is in love? LOL

9. Carolyn May 2, 2012 at 15:10 #

No pics of Amber Riley or didn’t she walk the Red Carpet too?

10. Emma May 2, 2012 at 15:20 #

Really love Lea here, its so refreshing to see her looking so effortless. Jayma also looks gorgeous.

11. Riley May 2, 2012 at 15:28 #

When Lea Michele isn’t an eyeroll inappropriate diva like Jlo she is delightful.

Jayma is by far the best dress. She is always a delight on the red carpet. I love her.

The others I shall forget.

• Fashion Critic May 2, 2012 at 18:39 #

thanks Robbie

12. Rebecca Z May 2, 2012 at 15:29 #

I think Lea Michele looks lovely–event appropriate and not upstaging as you say. Thank goodness Heather Morris can dance (and can she ever!), cause fashion ain’t her thing. Agree Naya Rivera needs some color, but I basically like her look and she’s my beauty contest winner.

13. Anne May 2, 2012 at 17:32 #

Heather’s skirt is from Forever 21!

14. Hannah May 2, 2012 at 18:00 #

Lea’s sandals are Giambattista Valli couture.
    There are actually no words for Heather’s look. At first when I realised she dressed badly, I thought it was a dare, but now I have realised it isn’t. You know it’s bad when it is only passable from the hairline up. You have eyes, Heather, use them!

15. EmmaWoodhouse May 2, 2012 at 18:42 #

Jayma’s look is the best except for the dull pumps. Good to see Lea tone it down a bit but I don’t love the dress–still too short and rather baggy. Her shoes are great, though.
    Naya–needed some color and a much longer skirt.
    How do you spell disaster? H-E-A-T-H-E-R-M-O-R-R-I-S!

16. Dhppy May 2, 2012 at 20:42 #

Well well, as someone who is normally not into Dolce & Gabbana, I have to say, Jayma Mays has turned my head with this look. That dress is wonderful. I like Lea Michele’s look, too, though the shoes are the real stars of the outfit.

• Jones19 May 3, 2012 at 12:59 #

Ditto. Jayma’s dress is so summery, love it!

17. Likes May 2, 2012 at 21:19 #

I wish Dianna could have made it. But since she didn’t Lea and Jayma are tied for favorite the only thing holding Jayma back is her shoes. Naya has worn this black and white combo about 3 times already but she’s still a gorgeous girl it’s just no right and Heather…oh sweet Heather this is her style, this forever 21 mix match and sometimes she does look cute in candids but on a red carpet there’s a certain etiquette Heather.Use it.

18. Zuzu May 2, 2012 at 21:54 #

Jennifer Lopez Junior… hahaha. HILARIOUS!

19. Dave May 3, 2012 at 02:18 #

“…but I feel like something is missing to stop this look feeling so rigid” Yep, confidence and better shoes

20. Nat39 May 3, 2012 at 18:25 #

Lea is adorable, she is my fav. here. Jayma’s dress is a bit too short/girly for her and calls for lighter summery sandals.

21. Jess2 May 4, 2012 at 03:27 #

Who on earth let Heather walk out the door in that? That look is giving me a headache! So impressed with Lea she looks perfectly fantastic from head to toe AND no ridiculous posing – love love love!! Jayma looks wonderful as always, love her dress!! Naya’s look is neither here nor there, a bit boring unfortunatley but she is so beautiful.

22. Amy May 4, 2012 at 19:36 #

hot mess! Jayma is the best dressed here and her look isn’t great, it’s just fine.
    I like Lea’s recent efforts to tone it down but her dress is too short, same for Naya.
    About Heather : no comment.