Lara Bingle In Josh Goot – 2012 Prix De Marie Claire Beauty Awards

Last month, Lara Bingle attended the 2012 Prix De Marie Claire Beauty Awards at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney, Australia.

For those who don’t know Lara, think of her as Australia’s version of Olivia Palermo in the sense that no one really knows what she does except sit front row at fashion shows.

On this occasion she wore a Josh Goot Fall 2012 ensemble.

Showcasing her midriff, she teamed a quilted leather floral embroidered top with a black wrap skirt which sits low on the hips.

The black slouchy boots give the look an edge, but I don’t think Lara quite has enough attitude to pull this look off.

Rihanna would’ve looked amazing in this.

Credit: fashionising.com & Getty

Dakota Fanning In Valentino Couture – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Dakota Fanning In Valentino Couture – 2010 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Scarlett Johansson In Preen - Hollywood Walk of Fame

Scarlett Johansson In Preen – Hollywood Walk of Fame

27 Responses to Lara Bingle In Josh Goot – 2012 Prix De Marie Claire Beauty Awards

1. Riley May 2, 2012 at 15:30 #

I like the runway version better with the matching skirt and top with them connected closer.

This just looks like a hot mess, especially with those horrid boots.

2. Eimear May 2, 2012 at 15:32 #

That just looks like a black towel!
    Riri woulda worn it just like the catwalk version and looked haaaaaaawt.

• Rebecca Z May 2, 2012 at 16:41 #

Totally agree

• Jones19 May 3, 2012 at 12:50 #

Black towel indeed. That tan should be outlawed as well.

3. Emma May 2, 2012 at 15:33 #

I like this look on the runway, but I don’t think she pulls it off. It looks tacky and the boots don’t work at all for me.

4. Sara May 2, 2012 at 15:38 #

With all due respect, I don’t think it is fair to Olivia Palermo to compare Lara Bingle to Olivia Palermo.

• Lori May 2, 2012 at 15:53 #

I second this. Please do not drag OP into the tanning booth with this Bingle person. Rihanna would have looked great in this look, but Lara is not making it work.

5. T from Sydney May 2, 2012 at 15:39 #

“For those who don’t know Lara, think of her as Australia’s version of Olivia Palermo”.
    Lol FC I have to disagree Lara is not like Olivia, not even close.

I don’t like how she styled it, I prefer the runway version, with the matching skirt
    I don’t know if it’s my screen but she over did it with the tan

• Jess2 May 4, 2012 at 04:01 #

Haha clearly Lara doesn’t have the best representation here is Australia. Based solely on style (as I am not familiar with Olivia outside of style/fashion) I find Olivia to be on a much higher level. I don’t think I have ever really liked any of Lara’s look and this is no expection. Wayyyy to much fake tan and I really hate the skirt and the boots. I much prefer the matching skirt seen on the model and I agree that Rihanna could rock this look. In general I really don’t like midrft looks in which you can see the belly buttton, I think it takes a look from chic to tacky.

6. inés May 2, 2012 at 15:42 #

I love it!!!!beautiful!

7. katie May 2, 2012 at 15:48 #

Yip she looks like a hot mess!

• Alina May 2, 2012 at 16:30 #

Ditto.

8. Christy May 2, 2012 at 17:19 #

This is a total miss! This look does not seem to fit her properly. Hate the skirt, love the runway version better. Hate the boots, totally the wrong shoe for the look. Hair and makeup uninspired. I agree Rihanna would have been amazing in this ensemble.

9. Li May 2, 2012 at 17:23 #

Lara isn’t to the Aussies what Olivia is in the US. In a nutshell, Lara became famous for being in a tourism ad, wearing a bikini and saying “where the bloody hell are you?”. Then I think it was the serial dating of (sometimes unavailable) cricket players. DEFINITELY NOT in the same style/fashion-class as Olivia Palermo.

• Fashion Critic May 2, 2012 at 17:27 #

OK..OK I will remove the comment :) It was based on my opinion from what I see of her just sitting front row at fashion shows.

• Christy May 2, 2012 at 18:55 #

Girl – why are you taking comments down that are YOUR opinion? This is your site and as a celebrity fashion expert you need to stick to your opinions. That is what makes your site unique but, its OK for your readers to not agree with everything you say.

• Fashion Critic May 2, 2012 at 19:06 #

you’re right… :D reinstated.

• MReid May 2, 2012 at 19:48 #

Good call. You did clarify the sense in which you thought them similar, I.e. they both sit front row at fashion shows although no one really knows whether they have real jobs. Although I guess OP is now a Mango spokesperson no? In any event you made it clear what you meant, and it is clear you weren’t saying they are one and the same in all respects. And as Christy rightfully said, so what if you were:-).

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 2, 2012 at 18:44 #

With this tacky, ill-styled outfit, she looks like a underpaid extra on a cheesy sci-fi show.

11. Lol May 2, 2012 at 23:30 #

A History of Lara Bingle:
    Lara Bingle got famous by being in the ad for Australian Tourism when she used to have a hot body and said “So where the bloody hell are you?”
    She then dated a famous cricket player, who ditched her when nude photos of her went all over the internet.
    She now has a reality show coming out called “Being Lara Bingle”. I work in media so I’ve seen the shorts for it, and either they’ve done a lot of cruel editing, or she’s very stupid. So I guess you could call her the poor man’s Kim Kardashian.

That said, Rihanna should definitely get her mittens on a Goot piece.

12. Saree May 3, 2012 at 03:32 #

Well FC is kinda true – she does nothing important and is just there. Her opinion is somewhat very accurate.

The other Aussie’s just hate on her cause they aren’t her. I’m not down for the attention seeking celebrities and at times she comes across that way – but for someone who received so much attention from the media, she didn’t exactly lap it up like a Kardashian would’ve or someone like Courtney Stodden. And the amount of flak she received and continues to receive, she really doesn’t let it get to her or sink that low. Sure she slept with a married man – a footballer – who say anything to get into someones pants then everyone gave her flak for an image that he leaked and clearly she didn’t consent to have taken.

Long story short – the outfit isn’t doing her justice, looks better on the model, Rihanna’s height could pull it off, Lara Bingle’s occupation remains a mystery, FC’s opinion is correct, people hate on her for no reason half the time and that’s that.

13. mattison May 3, 2012 at 03:49 #

Her tan is really unfortunate- it makes her look dirty, not bronzed. The outfit doesn’t really deserve much comment, since it doesn’t really look like much thought went into it.

14. alannah May 3, 2012 at 23:43 #

im so sick of everyone hating on lara.
    here are some of the things she does: she is a model, she is an ambassador for bowel cancer australia, she has done several collaborations with ROC eyewear, she is filming a reality tv series, she is half owner in a successful restaurant in victoria. so i think she does a lot more than what people think.