02.05.12 Sidewalk Style

Lady Gaga In Moschino

Lady Gaga tends to be most shocking when she looks ‘normal’.

The singer, who is currently in Hong Kong for her ‘Born This Way Ball’ tour, was spotted leaving the Ritz hotel earlier today wearing a Moschino Fall 2012 dress.

Had it not been for her trademark platforms she would have been almost unrecognisable in this classic black crepe dress with white trims and gold button detailing.

This look is in stark contrast to her arrival four days ago when she looked like Cousin It wearing a purple hairy dress which she was able to braid into her hair.

Credit: Style.com, Tungstar & Getty

Carrie Underwood For Glamour US June 2012

Carrie Underwood For Glamour US June 2012

Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney - The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

19 Responses to Lady Gaga In Moschino

1. Alina May 2, 2012 at 16:48 #

I hate both of them.

2. Riley May 2, 2012 at 16:52 #

Meh. The first look would be boring on anyone, even Gaga.

The second look is whatever.

3. bm May 2, 2012 at 17:01 #

She’s so predictable recently.

4. dee May 2, 2012 at 17:03 #

Awful.

5. Yeliz May 2, 2012 at 17:07 #

The second one is not a surprising look for me, typical Lady Gaga.
    I have to say I’m surprised by her first look. She looks so… normal. Except for the shoes of course.

6. Hannah May 2, 2012 at 17:31 #

I’m more repelled by the hair dress look than the meat dress. It isn’t avant garde, it’s just ugly.

7. Vidhya May 2, 2012 at 17:46 #

The first one looks great. Great fit. Classic design and great idea to pair it with tights. The actually like the second one too. Really original idea and it does not gross me out.

8. robbie May 2, 2012 at 18:29 #

first look is cute, but the second is fugly. she needs to ditch the wigs because they are seriously aging her, she looks mid 40s.

9. EmmaWoodhouse May 2, 2012 at 18:51 #

The first dress was OK on the runway but unflattering on her. Her styling is always SOOOOOO bad. As for the hair dress, I am once again simaltaneously nauseated and BORED.

10. Malinda Jane May 2, 2012 at 19:24 #

For the love of all that is good in the world, please please please get rid of every last hideous pair of platforms.

I hate them so much I can’t even see anything else.

11. ullis May 2, 2012 at 20:16 #

OMFG at the purple dress.

12. Molly May 2, 2012 at 22:06 #

The second dress…what..is…that?

13. Christine May 2, 2012 at 22:48 #

LMFAO at the second dress. Atleast she is consistent.

14. Tina May 3, 2012 at 00:08 #

I don’t know… it’s difficult to comment on a dress (the purple one) with realistic fashion standards. It’s just…experimental art, I guess?

15. Saree May 3, 2012 at 03:26 #

The first is awkward with black tights and also the dress is quite loose so I think it would look weird on anyone, even the model. It’s too hipster for Gaga and it just comes across as trying too hard, which is weird since it’s a very conservative look for her.

The second is just a no-no! If she removed the hideous hat, the fugly sunglasses and the ‘Rihanna looks better in them’ gloves, it would be much better, but it’s still a no.

She needs to just hide away all day and for those who are interested, she can come out at night and perform her tour. I will say – I don’t know what’s going on with her with the fashion – I think she is trying too many things. Being ‘shocking’ yet trying to appear normal, perhaps she saw the success Adele took from her for being a normal person and is trying to cash in on that unsuccessfully.

16. CreoleLady May 3, 2012 at 13:28 #

She’s a great reminder that it (fashion) simply ain’t that serious. I always laugh and feel like saying “step right up”, Barnum & Bailey circus style, whenever I see her.

17. Serena May 3, 2012 at 13:42 #

I have to disagree and say that I actually quite like both outfits. The second was definitely more her style, being theatrical and over the top. The way the light hits it and the way it flows actually makes the dress look quite beautiful. However I agree that the added accessories were definitely not necessary, but this is Lady Gaga we’re talking about. Also, I thought the first look was very ‘cute’, and the black tights worked well with it. I don’t get it though; she dresses down and people criticise her, she dresses up and people criticise her. Cut her a break.

18. Jess2 May 4, 2012 at 04:28 #

I like the Moschino dress on the runway, it has a cool retro feel but I think the stupid glasses and the bad fit ruin the look on GaGa. Her hair dress is just gross, hate it!