Rihanna Loves Stella McCartney

Rihanna may be one of fashion’s wild childs, but lately it seems she can’t get enough of Stella McCartney’s sophisticated designs which mostly come from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection.

The recent run started back in March for the then-blonde singer. She was spotted wearing a Pre-Fall 2012 ensemble consisting of a grey lace blouse with matching pants whilst promoting her new movie, ‘Battleship’ in London.

Continuing her ‘Battleship’ press duties, Rihanna chose a Stella McCartney Evening 2012 look for her appearance at the BBC Radio 1 studios. Choosing to go bare under a multi-coloured marble-print silk jacket dress with black satin lapels, RiRi found a way to put her signature edge on the look.

It was a complete 180, however, at the ‘Battleship’ Sydney premiere, held in early April, as a newly raven-haired Rihanna donned a Pre-Fall 2012 jumpsuit. Pairing the sleek one-piece with Manolo Blanhik sandals (for a third time), Rihanna gave us pure Stella McCartney minimalism at its finest, resulting in one of her best overall looks from the film’s promo tour to date.

Honoured as one of Time Magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People’ of 2012, Rihanna also had the privilege of singing at the Time 100 Gala, held in New York City last week where she wore Stella again for her big performance.

Her Pre-Fall 2012 jacquard ensemble, featuring a gold strapless top accented with a red-and-black top paired with silver pants, was not RiRi’s best look, but we admire her for not playing it safe.

While I’m all for this new obsession, it seems to work best when Rihanna sticks to the sleek, tailored looks that Stella does so well.

Credit: Style.com, WWD, FameFlynet & Getty

17 Comments
Dita von Teese In Herve L. Leroux - 'Dita von Teese' Fragrance Launch

Dita von Teese In Herve L. Leroux – ‘Dita von Teese’ Fragrance Launch

Allison Williams In Donna Karan - The Breast Cancer Research Foundation’s ‘Hot Pink Party’

Allison Williams In Donna Karan – The Breast Cancer Research Foundation’s ‘Hot Pink Party’

17 Responses to Rihanna Loves Stella McCartney

1. Riley May 1, 2012 at 18:58 #

Stella McCartney and Rihanna are not a brand match. At all. She is only wearing Stella to get fashion cred.

2. Hannah May 1, 2012 at 19:28 #

Ironic since she notably did not wear Stella McCartney btu Armani to the Stella McCartney party a few weeks ago.

• Fashion Critic May 1, 2012 at 19:30 #

I think that is where she fell in love with Stella McCartney

3. robbie May 1, 2012 at 19:59 #

she may love stella mccartney but shame she manages to ruin every single look.

• Lala/S-R May 2, 2012 at 05:56 #

+1. There’s usually something incredibly tacky and contrived about Rihanna. If she would just relax and stop trying so hard all the time, she would be such a fashion force… because she wears great pieces A LOT; unfortunately, she manages to ruin them. That blazer looks amazing on her, though!

Rihanna is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me; however, she does manage to ruin a lot of my fav pieces.

4. roxy May 1, 2012 at 19:59 #

She may love SM but SM sure don’t love her! The pre-fall 2012 matching grey lace blouse and pants is the only decent outfit- just

• Jess2 May 2, 2012 at 01:19 #

I agree completely Roxy, I don’t like any of these looks but the grey lace would have to be the best (of the worst).

5. CreoleLady May 1, 2012 at 22:03 #

I just saw the TIME magazine containing the TIME 100. The magazine had other notables write brief testimonials for some of the 100 people. Stella McCartney wrote the testimonial for Rihanna. So, perhaps in thanks, Rihanna wears Stella.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 2, 2012 at 00:34 #

Ugh. Every one of them. (Shields eyes)

• beta May 2, 2012 at 15:54 #

7. Shaina May 2, 2012 at 00:45 #

It seems like she loves those sandals too. Stella and Rihanna are not a bad match. I think she just needs to find what works for her.

8. gurlygurl May 2, 2012 at 03:29 #

I liked Stellas early work but these days I have a real problem with them. Now i know why I have a problem with the way Rihanna has been looking lately. Too much of a bad thing is a very bad thing!

9. glenn May 2, 2012 at 08:27 #

everybody gonna hate me for saying this but anyway.

She looks awful in every single Stella McCartney just AWFUL !!

• vicky May 2, 2012 at 11:27 #

• Francy May 2, 2012 at 12:18 #

• CreoleLady May 2, 2012 at 11:58 #

With the slight exception of the jumpsuit, I do not like the looks either. For me, however, it is not all Rihanna. I do not find the majority Stella designs I have seen sophisticated at all as exemplified by these four looks. Imo, they are uninspired (eg the jumpsuit) to just plain ugly (the rest) on both Rihanna and on the models. Will be glad when Rihanna is finished thanking Stella if that’s what this sudden affection is all about.

10. dee May 2, 2012 at 13:35 #

I only like the black jumpsuit. The rest of these outfits are ugly.