01.05.12 Press Preview

Mary Katrantzou Fall 2012 Press Preview

During Paris Fashion Week I visited the London Show Rooms to see the Mary Katrantzou Fall 2012 collection up close.

There were plenty of oohs and ahhs as the models showcased the gorgeous lighter-than-air chiffon dresses.

What was fascinating for me was seeing the amazing difference between the runway dresses and the commercial pieces.

The pencil dress, which I’m mildly obsessed with, was presented alongside a print version and ‘pencil’ skirt which will both go into production.

Mary agreed that the runway version needs a red-carpet moment.

The couture-like detailing which embellished each piece was breathtaking. I couldn’t even imagine how long it would take to create just one look.

Credit: ALL IMAGES BELONG TO RED CARPET FASHION AWARDS. IT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN FOR THEM TO BE USED IN ANY OTHER PUBLICATION BOTH PRINT AND ONLINE

Naomie Harris & Bérénice Marlohe In Roksanda Ilincic - ‘Skyfall’ Istanbul Photocall

Naomie Harris & Bérénice Marlohe In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘Skyfall’ Istanbul Photocall

Jennifer Lopez' MICHAEL Michael Kors Gold Sequin Harem Trousers And Jimmy Choo Garland Glitter Finish Leather Sandals

Jennifer Lopez’ MICHAEL Michael Kors Gold Sequin Harem Trousers And Jimmy Choo Garland Glitter Finish Leather Sandals

10 Responses to Mary Katrantzou Fall 2012 Press Preview

1. dee May 1, 2012 at 17:51 #

This outfits are too busy for me. They look more like costumes. Not my cup of tea.

2. Srividya May 1, 2012 at 19:17 #

FC, The model in the middle kinda looks like you!

• Fashion Critic May 1, 2012 at 19:26 #

LOL…I WISH I was that skinny.

3. Hannah May 1, 2012 at 19:33 #

These clothes are so beautiful, it’s sad that we can only hope, if at all, for one of these to turn up on a red carpet, and evne then it will be the print version not the beautiful embellished version, and then it will be worn with ankle boots (I will never forgive Leelee Sobieski for that).
    I also have to say that Mary is such a lovely person, so all the success she si getting is truly deserved, not only for her talent, but also her personality.

4. Rebecca Z May 1, 2012 at 20:33 #

These are remarkable pieces of art–and I imagine fairly intimidating to wear. They are costume-like–I can see Lady Gaga going for this and it makes me a little nauseated because (in my opinion) they deserve so much better. They call for someone with real chic-cred and stature, but who is really tiny.

5. EmmaWoodhouse May 2, 2012 at 00:31 #

Amazing workmanship! It must have been lovely to see them in person :)

6. Clover May 2, 2012 at 00:45 #

Wow, I looked at pic 3 and thought the garment had ‘RCFA’ woven into it! It seriously took me a minute to realise that that was your stamp on the image FC! I thought you’d made it big time :-)

• Fashion Critic May 2, 2012 at 08:30 #

Lol…I wish

7. WendyB May 2, 2012 at 02:04 #

At a trunk show, I ordered a sleeveless dress in the last print — the red with the keyboard. It’s amazing. I can’t wait for it to come in the fall!

• Fashion Critic May 2, 2012 at 08:06 #

I ordered the short sleeves pencil dress. Can’t wait either