Kristen Stewart In Elle UK June 2012

Kristen Stewart appears on the cover of Elle UK’s June 2012 issue.

The actress, who is gearing up for the release of her latest movie, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’, sports a 60s inspired hairdo whilst wearing a Jil Sanders Spring 2012 knitted two piece on the cover shot by David Slijper.

In the magazine she talks about her style choices, whether she sees herself as a director someday, and when she’s the happiest – I’m guessing in jeans, a t-shirt and converse sneakers.

The issue hits newsstands on May 2. Here are some extracts from her interview.

On being a role model: “I don’t apply [being a role model] to the choices I make. I feel like a role model is not necessarily somebody you want to imitate, just someone you admire.”

On her love of acting: “It’s a physical thing. I f***ing love everything about [acting]. I love movies, I love what they do. I am just so fueled by it like nothing else.”

On her choice in clothing: “I just wear very functional clothes. When I’m in London I feel so dressed down and young and Californian. Even if I try to look nice when I go out for dinner, I just don’t have that thing. I will always wear no socks in be like, ‘F***, it’s freezing; what am I doing?'”

On whether she’d like to direct: “I want to direct movies. Sometimes I think, ‘God, I want to do that, I want to do that next.’ But then I work with someone who’s great at what they do and I think, ‘I’m not there yet.'”

On when she’s really happy: “In my car with the right friend – I like to drive and I love being in LA, it always feels like, ‘Ahhhhh.’ So I would say if the right song came on, windows down, that’s a great feeling. To just be excited to be moving, to be like, ‘Here we are.'”

On how she’d describe herself: “I don’t know. I was going to say that I really like what I do. I really love what I do. I think the most interesting part of me, literally, is what I do.”

Erin Heatherton In Michael Kors - The Breast Cancer Research Foundation's 'Hot Pink Party'

Erin Heatherton In Michael Kors – The Breast Cancer Research Foundation’s ‘Hot Pink Party’

Jessica Gomes' Alexander Wang Diego Bucket Bag

Jessica Gomes’ Alexander Wang Diego Bucket Bag

32 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Elle UK June 2012

1. Alina May 1, 2012 at 11:13 #

“when she’s the happiest – I’m guessing in jeans, a t-shirt and converse sneakers.” – LOL.

2. Yeliz May 1, 2012 at 11:20 #

She also wore something from the Miu Miu SS12, Valentino SS12, Christopher Kane SS12 and Rochas SS12 collections for this photoshoot.

3. Ade May 1, 2012 at 11:26 #

I’m not loving the hair but she looks good, but those answers lol. It’s like listening to Ernest Hemingway.

4. CTgirl May 1, 2012 at 11:33 #

This cover looks very awkward and doesn’t convey any emotion. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a cover that totally lacks any spark until now. Oh well, another missed opportunity for Ms. Stewart. But I do like the dress.

• yop May 1, 2012 at 12:55 #

• Chisyelda May 1, 2012 at 13:11 #

her acting and facial expressions doesn’t convey much emotion either.

• Leska May 1, 2012 at 13:39 #

+1 and +2

• Hannah May 1, 2012 at 16:34 #

HAha so true about her acting. And I agree on the cover. She is defnitiely a pretty girl, but this is just a terrible photo all round. The hair, the outfit on her, the pose, the facial expression especially.

• justme May 1, 2012 at 13:53 #

“very awkward and doesn’t convey any emotion”
      This is Kristen in a nutshell in my opinion.

5. robbie May 1, 2012 at 11:36 #

definitely agree with her on the rola model part.

love the cover outfit but could they maybe have picked a shot where she doesnt look so “gormless”.

6. T from Sydney May 1, 2012 at 12:04 #

i saw scans for this….the entire shoot was just not right from the clothes to the styling. i preferred her Elle uk cover from last year.

7. CC May 1, 2012 at 12:06 #

she kind of looks like robin tunney here, no?

CC

8. fashiongames May 1, 2012 at 12:06 #

It will be a miss 4 kristen if pple are not buying her cover. The subscription elle double when they were shooting it. I will say it a plus nt a miss. One thing i love about her she so down to earth and she has the best quote in interview. As for the cover, not her best but good. My favourite of hers is W.

• Rahel May 2, 2012 at 11:32 #

I don’t really get why she’s considered down to earth. Wearing always the same jeans and t-shirts only means that she has no fashion sense.

It’s funny that she has exactly the same hairstyle as the model.

9. Carolina May 1, 2012 at 13:55 #

To me she looks quite uncomfortable – look at her eyes!

10. Mujid May 1, 2012 at 14:44 #

It’s insane how much I love that cover.

11. gurlygurl May 1, 2012 at 15:19 #

I agree with her… The most interesting thing about her is what she does. She is pretty and very wooden and it seems that us not only limited to her acting. In the picture she could pass for Elvis & Priscillas long lost daughter!

12. ika May 1, 2012 at 16:10 #

fc,
    you tagged her as kimberly stewart not kristen stewart….

• Fashion Critic May 1, 2012 at 16:23 #

ok thanks

13. Christine May 1, 2012 at 17:00 #

It was so hard reading the exceprts. Very awarkard like.

But the dress is gorgeous!

14. Christine May 1, 2012 at 17:00 #

excerpts*

15. yasmine May 1, 2012 at 17:06 #

she sounds like my 15 year old teenage cousin, although there’s something respectable about someone who doesn’t care but i have to say its irritating that clothes like that end up on person that doesn’t appreciate them -_-, but its the way it is

16. doc May 1, 2012 at 17:24 #

What a horrible cover. She looks like the corpse of a 50 year old woman. She is not chic, fashionable or sultry. She should just stick with smiling on her covers. It works for everybody.

17. Scarlett May 1, 2012 at 22:46 #

I’m so bored of this girl. I don’t know why everyone seems to go nuts over her, she’s not a great actress and her own style is terrible. She has no charisma at all, terrible posture and seemingly no sense of fashion of her own.

• Carolina Roq May 2, 2012 at 21:25 #

definetely

• SaraInes May 7, 2012 at 01:32 #

18. EmmaWoodhouse May 1, 2012 at 22:47 #

I don’t think it’s necessary to use the F word in interviews, for starters. Sometimes I find her awkwardness endearing but this cover just looks so unpleasing. Not her best look–or expression! I thought she was playing Snow White–not Grumpy!

19. mattison May 2, 2012 at 01:51 #

I like the cover outfit, but there’s very little presence there…can’t say I’m surprised, considering that’s her usual M.O. I swear, I watched her in the last Twilight and genuinely wondered if she had a stroke that prevented her from expressing any emotion.

20. Ayesha May 2, 2012 at 05:15 #

a really weird cover,the dress is great but kristen just seems to ooze ‘awkwardness’…and what’s with the f-bomb all over the place,don’t see that very often in such interviews.

21. glenn May 2, 2012 at 08:30 #

IM really tired of his sad/ugly/not happy face
    if u don’t like be on the cover of a magazine, use amazing clothes why you do it !!!!

22. Dhppy May 2, 2012 at 20:34 #

I’m on the fence about this Jill Sander two piece. Part of me really finds it interesting, but the other part says, no. I’m truly torn.

23. pipsqueak May 3, 2012 at 06:22 #

I don’t like the Jil Sander hair, but I like the cover a lot. The blue theme color goes well with her eyes and hair color. The use of F words in the interview is unnecessary. It’s one thing to stay true to one’s identify. It’s another to refuse to improve oneself. She sounds very bratty.