Reese Witherspoon walked the red carpet before heading inside at the 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on Saturday evening, held at the Washington Hilton.

The pregnant actress concealed her barely-there bump wearing a black Monique Lhuillier Spring 2012 gown with an asymmetrical neckline and keyhole detailing.

Gorgeous light-blue Irene Neuwirth jewels, including drop earrings and a large cocktail ring, help to bring out Reese’s baby blue eyes.

A ‘40’s inspired ‘do and natural makeup complete the look.

Hopefully Reese has more red-carpet maternity-glam looks for us in the future. She looks amazing and was easily one of the best of the night.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier - 'Meet The Filmmakers' Event

Odeya Rush In Monique Lhuillier – ‘Meet The Filmmakers’ Event

Claire Danes In Vivienne Westwood - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Claire Danes In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

25 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Betelgeuze April 30, 2012 at 09:24 #

I love the earrings, without them it would be just another black gown but with them she looks amazing.

• dee April 30, 2012 at 13:20 #

• Riley April 30, 2012 at 14:01 #

I totally agree. I was ready to press the Snoozeville Button but then I saw the earrings. Phew. I thought I’d die with yet another Reese Witherspoon Snoozeville look.

2. C April 30, 2012 at 09:39 #

Best dressed of the event by a mile! Everyone looked horrible so this is refreshing. Love her glow!

3. Yeliz April 30, 2012 at 09:43 #

She looks stunning! I love the glamour of the 40′s inspired do and the earrings are gorgeous. Definitely one of the best of the night.

4. arwa April 30, 2012 at 09:45 #

She looked nice, but I would prefer if she kept that hot pink thing … with the whole black thing it reminds me of Nicole Kidman Oscar 2003 when she wore JPG http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2012/02/nicole_kidman_oscars_2003.jpg

I love it on nicole, so Reese’s look seems a bit cheaper version for me.

• Jennie April 30, 2012 at 09:53 #

Ohhhh Nicole circa the early millennium. Always blew everyone away. Now that I see that I would have loved to see the pop of pink!

• Ramsay April 30, 2012 at 12:09 #

Yes – my thinking exactly

• Sharon April 30, 2012 at 10:20 #

Thanks for reminding us. I knew I had seen this dress, or one like it, somewhere else. I’d completely forgotten Nicole. I realize that Reese is pregnant, but she looks all tangled up in the neckline. I agree that the pink accent would have helped.

• Alina April 30, 2012 at 10:46 #

DITTO.

• bm April 30, 2012 at 14:38 #

Besides Nicole, this dress has the same shoulder details like Jennifer Lawrence wore at SAG 2009 (?).
      But she looks good, nonetheless.

• Hannah April 30, 2012 at 15:22 #

That is exatly what I thougth when I saw this. I love Reese’s styling though, her hair & especially the earrings. I really am looking forward to ehr maternity style because I assume that it will mean no more strapless just above the knee dresses with a cinched in waist & drab styling.

• Rahel May 2, 2012 at 11:42 #

I also miss the popping color.

5. CC April 30, 2012 at 10:35 #

yes. too evocative of the nicole kidman oscars dress.

get with it reese!

plus, as she is pregnant, her arms have been looking chunky as of late.

perhaps not the best choice for her at this moment in time…

CC

6. Felicia April 30, 2012 at 10:52 #

Oh wow! She looks incredible and elegant. Kinda wish she would’ve opted for the pink strap to add some edge to it but its still amazing.
    And I love how the fit is just right, especially since so many other celebs act like they’ve never heard of a tailor before

7. Nat April 30, 2012 at 12:00 #

Gown: good.
    Hairstyle: great.
    Earrings (http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2012+White+House+Correspondents+Association+n6hpVKlR-dml.jpg): OMG I need them in my life!

8. robbie April 30, 2012 at 12:33 #

the only exciting thing about this whole snooze fest are the earrings.

9. Shaina April 30, 2012 at 13:11 #

This is the best she has looked in a while. Just stunning! The earrings and ring are the perfect touch. She looks great.

10. Pedrie April 30, 2012 at 14:06 #

What I cant find a single flattering thing on this dress. I wish i could style her coz baby bumps looks so good on the red carpet

11. Lori April 30, 2012 at 14:29 #

Pregnant lady puts other, non-pregnant ladies to shame! This is the best I’ve seen Reese look in a while!

12. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2012 at 14:45 #

I think that this is an awesome look–quietly sophisticated with gorgeous statement earrings. She was one of my favorites at the event, looking like the epitome of elegance.

13. Mary Jane Anderson April 30, 2012 at 15:47 #

She looks wonderful and her earrings are DIVINE but I think she could’ve gained so much if she’d kept the pink thingy, which would have popped wonderfully against her aqua jewels.

14. Christine April 30, 2012 at 15:59 #

BDOTW. those earrings are gorgeous!

15. Aline April 30, 2012 at 18:22 #

Well, I think that, as she’s pregnant, she should have chosen a different type of dress. The fit of this one is quite bad, IMO, she looks boxy instead of pregnant. I really don’t like it.

However, I do agree the earrings and hairstyle are lovely.

16. grace April 30, 2012 at 19:10 #

reese looks amazing, but the dress is so similar to one of nicole kidmans’ oscar gowns…