Eva Longoria In Marchesa – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Joining Charlize Theron at the POLITCO table, Eva Longoria attended the 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on Saturday evening.

In one of the evening’s rare cocktail-length dresses, Eva showed off her petite frame wearing a Marchesa Fall 2012 dress.

With a high collar, brocade pattern and strong architectural skirt, a dress of this nature could easily overpower Eva’s 5’0” height, but the actress completely works it.

An elegant updo gives off an illusion of height, as well as an extra dose of sophistication.

It’s a shame that I feel I can’t give Eva a genuine compliment as she ruins the look with Brian Atwood black pumps.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elizabeth Banks In Antonio Berardi - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Elizabeth Banks In Antonio Berardi – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Kate Hudson In Jenny Packham - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Kate Hudson In Jenny Packham – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

13 Responses to Eva Longoria In Marchesa – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Sharon April 30, 2012 at 10:15 #

I hope this dress looked better in person, because it sure doesn’t look like dinner at the White House to me. It looks really casual compared to the other gowns.

2. Alina April 30, 2012 at 10:16 #

Why those pumps? WHY?

3. Nat April 30, 2012 at 10:29 #

The dress is nothing special to me, and probably not event-appropriate.
    Don’t even get me started about the pumps, because they’re so hideous I could go on for hours.

• AW April 30, 2012 at 13:23 #

+1,000

• Jones19 April 30, 2012 at 18:09 #

4. CC April 30, 2012 at 10:30 #

u are indeed correct…RUINED by these heels…what was she thinking?
    does she have a stylist? stylist needs firing if so…

CC

5. Yeliz April 30, 2012 at 10:41 #

She did the same like Coco Rocha in Jason Wu last week. I was looking at her picture and thought she looks great but when I scrolled down I saw those ugly black pumps and thought ‘Seriously?!’
    I think celebs love to ruin beautiful dresses with black pumps.

6. Tina April 30, 2012 at 13:04 #

All I know is that Celebrities have hundreds of pairs of shoes, why do they always stick to one pair for several looks even when they do not really work for it and ruin the whole thing.

7. Riley April 30, 2012 at 13:51 #

I agree with everyone before me. Eva needs to retire her Maniacs. I hate saying this, but she looks so passe wearing them all the time, as Atwood “Maniacs” are an eyeroll like YSL Tribtoos.

She needed to whip out a stunning gown.

8. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2012 at 17:07 #

Interesting dress, but not formal enough for the event. The shoes ruined it. She failed here.

• Aline April 30, 2012 at 18:07 #

I agree.

9. Hannah April 30, 2012 at 17:32 #

Can’t even be bothered to go into the shoes. I feel like it’s a lost cause. For a while nude pumps took over black pumps but it seems as though it has changed back. Anyway, I think that this is an ok look, I prefer the fit on Eva, the bodice seems a little shorter & there is more volume & a better drape to the skirt, but I am having a massive case of deja vu.

10. DivaDebbi May 1, 2012 at 00:15 #

I would imagine she regretted her choice of going short in a room full of spectacular, important dresses. Don’t get me going on the shoes. Eva desperately needs a new stylist. She has far more misses than hits.