Despite matching the red carpet, no one could miss Elizabeth Banks at the 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, held on Saturday night at the Washington Hilton.

The ‘Hunger Games’ actress seems to still be embracing her character, Effie Trinket’s love for bright colour on the red carpet. No complaints here.

On this occasion, Elizabeth opted for a bright-red Antonio Berardi Fall 2012 dress.

The otherwise basic strapless column gown boasts a pleated peplum which narrows her waist.

Elizabeth accessorized her dress with a selection of gold cuff bracelet, gold hooped earrings, plus a Lara Bohnic black-and-gold clutch.

A tousled updo and a crimson lip colour completed her bombshell look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ginnifer Goodwin In H&M - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Ginnifer Goodwin In H&M – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Eva Longoria In Marchesa - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Eva Longoria In Marchesa – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

23 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Antonio Berardi – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Sharon April 30, 2012 at 10:04 #

This is beautiful. The color, the style, everything. If we hadn’t just completed the BDOTW, I’d be thinking about this dress.

2. Alina April 30, 2012 at 10:10 #

Love it!

She’s my current girl crush.

3. Yeliz April 30, 2012 at 10:10 #

Elizabeth was was my best dressed of the night. She looks enchanting. I wouldn’t change anything about this look, it’s perfect like it is.
    I really hope that she goes on wearing bright colours. She didn’t failed once since her promo tour.

4. Lola April 30, 2012 at 10:23 #

I love this woman. She’s not afraid of color, she’s just a perfection on the redcarpet. She need a Versace campaign or whatever. It’s so rare to have a celebrity who is very into fashion without trying to hard

• T from Sydney April 30, 2012 at 12:23 #

5. CC April 30, 2012 at 10:32 #

this was a yawn for me…

CC

6. Nat April 30, 2012 at 10:34 #

How can you not love a woman who’s not afraid of bringing some colour to the red carpet?
    She looks great, and I’m currently in love with the peplum trend (although on this particular gown, the peplum makes her look slighlty wider on the hips than she actually is), so overall this is definetly one of the best looks of the night, imho.

• Nat April 30, 2012 at 11:57 #

I was having a look at the pics of the White House Dinner and I noticed that someone was wearing the same yellow gown Elizabeth here wore at the Hunger Games London premiere! Needless to say, it looked better on Elizabeth. :-D

7. Faellie April 30, 2012 at 12:22 #

Strapless dress at a formal dinner? That always used to be a faux pas.

8. TL April 30, 2012 at 12:56 #

Only stunning and gorgeous can describe her look.

9. Riley April 30, 2012 at 13:54 #

Fabulosa! I am not bothered too much by the peplum, as she looks amazing.

FC you are having the best sugarfest with all of Elizabeth’s colorful looks I see ;)

• Fashion Critic April 30, 2012 at 14:06 #

Very much so

10. fromchi-town April 30, 2012 at 14:42 #

Stunning. I love how she embraces color. She looks beautiful.

11. rebecca April 30, 2012 at 14:58 #

She looks about 10 feet tall… stunning. BDOTW.

12. bm April 30, 2012 at 15:17 #

Not crazy about this look, it is too simple. But she looks good.

13. Hannah April 30, 2012 at 15:27 #

I am tryign to love it btu 2 things are putting me off. Firstly, the makeup, I think it’s the blush/bronzer thing again, that happened with the bill blass, and secondly, the bodice of this dress reminds me of January Jones’ amazing whtie versace emmys gown, especially as January & Elizabeth were always Versace girls, and that makes me sad because that was when January used to dress well :(.

14. Mary Jane Anderson April 30, 2012 at 15:27 #

I love love love this look! Her jewels are stunning, she actually made me reconcile with hooped earrings – and that is something. Her dress’ color and structure are just amazing. 12/10 :)

15. Christine April 30, 2012 at 15:55 #

So many great looks at this event. I knew my style crush was gonna bring it!

She looks amazing. A perfect 10!

16. Rebecca Z April 30, 2012 at 16:12 #

BDOTW candidate for sure. She looks stunning.

17. Mol April 30, 2012 at 16:49 #

I just wanted to say that I love the way this was styled on the model; Elizabeth looks lovely but she’s not knocking it out of the park for me….

18. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2012 at 17:07 #

Simple and fabulous. Absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

19. Aline April 30, 2012 at 18:11 #

I get the appeal, but I don’t really like it. For starters I’m not one who’s usually into basic dresses. That said, I think her hair looks very bad here. And the makeup isn’t any better either.

Oh well…

20. Jess2 May 1, 2012 at 03:35 #

Once again Elizabeth is flawless and stunning!! I don’t recall a look that I haven’t loved! Great colour, great fit and great styling!!