Charlize Theron also attended Saturday evening’s 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, held at the Washington Hilton.

The South African beauty wore a black Emilio Pucci Pre-Fall 2012 gown which Charlize layered with a nude lining.

She did flash some skin, however, as the dress had an open back.

Manolo Blanhik heels and a Judith Leiber clutch accessorize the look.

With a severely pulled-back bun, this look is lacking one pop of colour – pink lips or emerald earrings may have done the trick.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Bosworth In Stella McCartney - 2014 Met Gala

Kate Bosworth In Stella McCartney – 2014 Met Gala

Ginnifer Goodwin In H&M - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Ginnifer Goodwin In H&M – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

32 Responses to Charlize Theron In Emilio Pucci – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. C April 30, 2012 at 09:35 #

It’s missing a belt to define the waist. There is too much all over pattern. She could have passed on pop of color if she had belted and maybe exaggerated the hair and makeup.

• Jennie April 30, 2012 at 09:49 #

Agreed, a belt would have helped. I like the model better in it which never happens with Charlize

• Deborah May 4, 2012 at 17:53 #

The dress on Charlize appears to be a somewhat different dress. The neckline is different, and Charlize has a nude lining under the skirt part of the dress, which the model does not. Plus, the model is wearing the jacket and the belt, which also gives a different appearance. The dress Charlize is wearing is much more conservative than the models, which would be quite appropriate for the type of event she is attending at the White House, as opposed to being a model in a fashion shoot. I think both looks are stunning, and they are both totally appropriate for their venues.

• effieee April 30, 2012 at 11:23 #

+1, definitely needs a belt.

• SkirtTheIssue April 30, 2012 at 12:23 #

Absolutely agree- needs a belt!

• dee April 30, 2012 at 13:23 #

I agree, she needed the belt to break up the pattern.

• Gustavo Velasco April 30, 2012 at 17:02 #

yeap, the belt, the first thing to come to my mind

• Rahel May 2, 2012 at 11:37 #

I agree. It needs a belt. I loved the dress from the side and from the back. But from the front it looks too boxy. But I still love it on her.

2. T from Sydney April 30, 2012 at 09:45 #

it makes her look frumpy and wider than she looks. it gives no shape at all.

i want to like it cus i LOVE Charlize but i just cant.

• Yeliz April 30, 2012 at 09:56 #

Agreed. I love Charlize too but this is not one of her best looks.

3. Sharon April 30, 2012 at 10:12 #

“What do you think?” I think I wish I looked like Charlize Theron. Even when she’s not at her best, like this, she’s still beautiful. This is not one of my favorite dresses, but I do like the lining she chose.

4. Alina April 30, 2012 at 10:32 #

At first, I thought it’s a Stella McCartney dress … so, this is what I think.

• CreoleLady April 30, 2012 at 15:02 #

LOL, gotta give me some warning, I was drinking my tea!

• Mol April 30, 2012 at 16:55 #

My first laugh of the day, hilarious!

• Aline April 30, 2012 at 18:12 #

LOL!

5. CC April 30, 2012 at 10:33 #

never been a fan of black lace on top of a nude lining. just not pretty to me.

plus, it looks like there are two giant black side seams on her torso?

she cld have done better

CC

6. Nat April 30, 2012 at 10:38 #

I love Charlize, but she can do much better than this.
    I agree with the previous comments: the look not only lacks a pop of colour, but also some shape.

I wish she’ll give us a break from all this black in her next outings.

7. d April 30, 2012 at 11:41 #

why oh why :(

8. msd April 30, 2012 at 11:50 #

She’s gorgeous but … bleh and meh and zzzz to this outfit.

9. Ines April 30, 2012 at 12:19 #

I thought FLOTUS would have serious competition with Charlize but imo this is one of her most lackluster moment on the RC (with the black McQueen awhile ago)

I am quite sad she changed her stylist as I believe her gold years (2004-2009) are behind her. Her previous African American stylist was much much better. One can only wear so much black and keep it interesting… Even the hair, which sometimes saves and compliments her outfit is doing nothing here for me.

God bless Shane and let’s prey he never got replaced as he is the only one who did his job for this event :P

10. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2012 at 13:57 #

I have to say that this is a very ugly dress. I don’t like it at all.

11. Riley April 30, 2012 at 13:58 #

I totally agree with FC. Emerald drop earrings and colorful lippie would have been divine. This looks is meh to me and totally forgettable.

12. bm April 30, 2012 at 14:34 #

The make up is the real winner.
    The dress ? NO WAY.

13. Sean Garrette April 30, 2012 at 14:35 #

I reaaaaaally hate that nude slip peeking through. and I really hate that dress lined. i wish she could’ve just worn a different dress if she was going to line it.

14. fromchi-town April 30, 2012 at 14:43 #

I am trying hard to like this look on her ‘cos I absolutely love this woman. But this is not working. It is very blah – it needed some pop, something.

15. Ramsay April 30, 2012 at 15:05 #

Oh no i can’t take any more black lace dresses : really this is too much – first Prada then Dolce and Gabbana then Stella McCartney then Pucci – can’t designers think of something else than black lace? I mean we’re sick of it and at thi stage all dresses look exactly the same

16. Hannah April 30, 2012 at 15:25 #

I am such a charlize fan, btu hate, genuinely hate, thsi look. Not one aspet works. I really find long black thick lace dresses matronly, even mroe so with sleeves & high necklines, and it does not one thing for her body, nro does it for her skin tone. The hair & makeup are poor, at best, and the clutch is drab.

17. Rebecca Z April 30, 2012 at 16:03 #

It is disappointing as so many others have said. Much more flattering from the side than straight on.

18. Aline April 30, 2012 at 18:15 #

I think that for the first time in a long while I dislike what she’s wearing. This dress isn’t flattering at all. And the hairdo is just a big no.

19. yasmine May 1, 2012 at 20:23 #

I think Kate Middleton wore this to some event, i like it on both of them but Charlize has looked so much better in her Dior dresses before that i can hardly accept her in dresses like this.