Coco Rocha In Jason Wu – 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala

Coco Rocha also attended the 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City.

The supermodel wore a Jason Wu Spring 2012 dress.

Her pretty dress features an ivory houndstooth-pattern top with a pink skirt with a floaty peplum waist that cascades down the back and a black bow tied to the waist.

From ankle down I’m in shock that she paired this dress with some heinous shoes.

With Coco’s fashion knowledge and, I can only imagine, extensive shoe closet, there are just no excuses for desecrating this dress with those black lace up ankle boots.

This is like a virtual kick in the stomach. Yes, I’m taking it that seriously.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Pace Wu's Oscar de la Renta Chantilly Lace And Organza Dress

Pace Wu’s Oscar de la Renta Chantilly Lace And Organza Dress

Charlize Theron In Dion Lee - CinemaCon’s Big Screen Achievement Awards

Charlize Theron In Dion Lee – CinemaCon’s Big Screen Achievement Awards

26 Responses to Coco Rocha In Jason Wu – 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala

1. T from Sydney April 27, 2012 at 12:40 #

first reaction : Coco looks AMAZING!!

*scrolls down the screen*

NOOOOOOO!!!!! why ruin the look with ankle boots!!!

WHY!!!!!

“This is like a virtual kick in the stomach. Yes, I’m taking it that seriously”
    im with you FC!!

• bas April 27, 2012 at 12:53 #

agreed! such a shame…

• bm April 27, 2012 at 13:35 #

agree 100%.

• Emi April 27, 2012 at 13:38 #

I thought the same thing. It was a potentially perfect look. Why those shoes? Why?!?

• Alina April 27, 2012 at 13:38 #

Lily Collins has also worn this dress.

• Jones19 April 27, 2012 at 13:49 #

The same thing happened here. I wish I had stopped scrolling before I hit the ankle boots!

• workshy May 15, 2012 at 17:16 #

Why the heavy shoes for such a dress? The rest of her look is very beautiful though.

2. EmmaWoodhouse April 27, 2012 at 12:41 #

Love the dress, love it on her–BDOTW contender but for the hooves. It’s a shame that she paired it those monstrosities! As you said, FC, she should know better! Black strappy sandals and sleek hair would have perfected this look.

3. CTgirl April 27, 2012 at 12:58 #

The shoes are agony with this gorgeous dress. A missed opportunity . . .

4. DivaDebbi April 27, 2012 at 13:09 #

I feel your pain FC! Inexplicable lapse in judgement.

5. Jess2 April 27, 2012 at 13:11 #

FC I am right there with you, totally kicked in the stomach. I am so devastated, this was one of my favourite pieces and I was soooo excited… and then I saw those stupid shoes. Hurts my eyes :( completely terrible

6. TL April 27, 2012 at 13:17 #

LOVE the dress, BUT──The shoes are terrible and unforgivable!

how can she ruin such a pretty dress with an awful pick of shoes…

7. roxy April 27, 2012 at 13:20 #

I like how her lipstick matches the skirt

8. Angela R. April 27, 2012 at 13:21 #

Totally agree… I thought exactly the same, and maybe the dissapointment is deeper considering who she is…

9. asherlev1 April 27, 2012 at 13:39 #

AMAZING from the ankle up. I’m a sucker for that shade of pink. Lool, I totally feel your pain about the shoes.

10. Yeliz April 27, 2012 at 13:50 #

Well thank you Coco for giving us all a kick in the stomach. This dress was absolutely one of my favorite pieces from this collection and she just wore the stupid stupid boots like she is kidding us. I can’t explain how sad I am about this combination either. I think I’m gonna cry. :(

11. Nat April 27, 2012 at 13:56 #

I’m actually a fan of ankle boots, but celebs are ruining them for me. When will they realize that they’re just appropriate with some particular outfits, and definetely not with anything that’s knee-lenght or calf-lenght?

p.s. I’m not a pink person, but the dress is all kinds of cute.

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2012 at 14:01 #

“Even simple black pumps would have been better than this (wow, that’s a sentence I never though I would say).” ITA

12. Annel April 27, 2012 at 14:12 #

Oh, how I would have liked to see her with strappy, bright sandals for this lovely dress.

13. Riley April 27, 2012 at 14:49 #

I don’t get Coco Rocha. She is beautiful and a great model, but her style and approach to fashion can be confusing. This is such a bummer.

14. Hannah April 27, 2012 at 15:55 #

Although I really hate teh lusher here, as well as the tragic hair & accompanying headband(s?), Icould’ve put that aside as nto only is this dress finally being worn on a red carpet, but on someone who suits it to a t, but no. They aren’t evne any old ankle boots, but particularly ugly ones.
    Also, the bow is at the back, so I think she’s wearing the belt back to front. http://oh-so-coco.tumblr.com/

15. Rebecca Z April 27, 2012 at 16:54 #

Again, good lord! What was she thinking?

16. Vidhya April 27, 2012 at 19:36 #

Oh, this was my ultimate favourite dress – I’m gonna just look at the positives – the skirt is still awesome off the runway, I love her lip colour.. thats about it :(

17. Rita April 27, 2012 at 20:13 #

I was so sure this will be my BDOTW but then I see the shoes. Why and I mean WHY do people ruin their gorgeous dresses/outfits with horrible shoes?

18. Aline April 27, 2012 at 20:28 #

I got two of my favorite dresses being worn in the RC in one day. YAY. I agree that the boots are a huge no, but from the ankles up she does look great.

19. Mary Jane Anderson April 30, 2012 at 15:03 #

Coco just broke my heart. This was my favorite cocktail dress from all the Spring 2012 collections. Not only did she totally ruined it with these ankle boots, I also think her makeup looks a little bland. I would have preferred if she’d punched things up a bit by wearing the same lip shade as the runway model.