6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala

Here are the rest of the looks from the 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala, which took place in New York City last night.

Ashanti: The singer looked beautiful wearing a beaded gown with chiffon skirt. She sported ombre hair, which doesn’t offend – surprisingly, and a selection of bracelets plus a silver clutch completed her look.

Byrdie Bell: The actress and model looked statuesque wearing a Christian Siriano Spring 2012 look. It’s surprising that a striped t-shirt and chartreuse maxi skirt can look so chic together. The only downside for me is the black belt. I wish she had kept the runway yellow belt.

Anja Rubik: The supermodel graced the red carpet wearing an Alberta Ferretti Fall 2012 gown. The black-and-nude silk chiffon gown with feather detailing is stunning. I would love to still see this on a celebrity to see how they interpret the look. Giuseppe Zanotti lace-up black sandals completed her look.

Credit: Getty & Style.com

Camilla Belle In Carven - Tribeca Film Festival Awards Party

Camilla Belle In Carven – Tribeca Film Festival Awards Party

Jennifer Garner In Michael Kors - CinemaCon’s Big Screen Achievement Awards

Jennifer Garner In Michael Kors – CinemaCon’s Big Screen Achievement Awards

24 Responses to 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala

1. Alina April 27, 2012 at 17:37 #

Byrdie Bell looks chic. I agree that she should have kept the yellow belt.

2. Riley April 27, 2012 at 17:50 #

Byrdie’s Christian Siriano look is the best here. I hate the belt she wore with the dress- it ruins the looks for me.

The other two are meh for me.

I don’t like how modified Anja’s dress is. It loses its beauty.

3. bee7 April 27, 2012 at 17:54 #

anja rubik does it so right with lace up sandals. though i wish she did not wear the messy hair but it’s still BDOTW worthy imo

4. Yeliz April 27, 2012 at 18:03 #

I loved this Christian Siriano look on the runway and wished that Byrdie Bell kept the belt and the top. But she is still my favorite here.

5. dee April 27, 2012 at 18:18 #

Don’t like the first 2 looks and the black gown is lovely. I could see someone like Diane Kruger pulling that off better.

6. jo April 27, 2012 at 18:24 #

I think Anja has quite an interesting style, she looks good here. I wish you featured more of her on the site :)

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2012 at 20:10 #

I find her really disturbing. She needs to eat more. She’s a very unhealthy role model

• marie April 28, 2012 at 16:15 #

she looks like Vanessa Paradis on the pic above

• Loulou April 28, 2012 at 20:30 #

I agree with you FC I didn’t recognise her at first and I said that whoever she was she actually looks scary!!

7. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 27, 2012 at 19:01 #

I dont care for Ashanti’s dress. I loved the CS skirt on the runway. I don’t care for the tee shirt or black belt on Byrdie. I adore Anja’s look. Much prefer to how she wore it than on the runway. I think it’s BDOTW worthy.

8. Aline April 27, 2012 at 19:48 #

The Alberta Ferreti dress looks absolutely fantastic on Anja. But, unfortunately, her hair ruins the look for me.

Byrdie is my favorite here. I agree that the yellow belt would have been better, but I don’t dislike the black one. I think the whole looks is very well put together. I wish the skirt wasn’t so long, though.

As for Ashanti, I don’t like the fit of the dress.

9. EmmaWoodhouse April 27, 2012 at 20:21 #

Ashanti looks overcooked and dated here, I must say. I don’t like the dress or the ombre hair. Byrdie’s outfit concept is nice, should have kept the yellow belt, but I really, really hate the chartreuse/red combo so I can’t love it. Anja looks quite ghostly–the dress is a bit messy, as is her hair, but she also looks so unhealthy. :(

• firien April 27, 2012 at 21:48 #

+1, especially about Anja. Her face looks like a skull with make-up.

10. Natty April 27, 2012 at 20:26 #

I’m going to have to disagree about Ashanti. I don’t like the dress from the bust down, it’s too long and she looks uncomfortable with how tight it is through the middle. Also her fake eyelashes are ridiculous

11. Hannah April 27, 2012 at 20:54 #

I have wanted, for so so long, to see that Christian Siriano look on the red carpet. It was, and still is, one of my absolute favourite looks from that season, and it is just the personification of what I love on the red carpet, modern, sleek , chic & elegant, but Byrdie killed that dead. I prefer the look of the t-shirt on the runway, the belt is awful, she should have posed better, her hair is awful & teh cluthc doesn’t go. She has a greta body but to me not the right body for this outfit, and she needed a more, subdued, shall we say, facial expression.

• CreoleLady April 28, 2012 at 10:49 #

“Byrdie killed that dead” OMG, yes. I thought ok, hmmm, nice try, different, when I first saw her — but then I scrolled down to the runway look. As Byrdie demonstrates, sometimes making a runway look “your own” is highly overrated.

• marie April 28, 2012 at 16:15 #

THIS! ever since TLo featured it on their site, i was waiting for Diane Kruger to breathe life to this on the red carpet and Byrdie just killed it.

12. WendyB April 27, 2012 at 22:51 #

That chartreuse skirt is like a longer version of a YSL skirt that I’ve had for a few years!

13. Csk April 27, 2012 at 23:01 #

FC, I believe Ashanti’s dress is Basil Soda

• Fashion Critic April 28, 2012 at 00:24 #

thanks I will look for it

14. Emi April 28, 2012 at 08:36 #

Byrdie Bell’s looks is beautiful. What a pity she added that belt. But I consider it very inspiring… a striped t-shirt and a maxi skirt can look very chic, you’re right FC. I also like the fact that she kept everything (hair and make up) very simple. I don’t like Anja Rubik, the dress looks messy and I dislike the shoes, there’s so much going on in the dress, it needed simple sandals.

15. Cate April 28, 2012 at 09:18 #

Byrdie.. quite good on her, FABULOUS during the fashion show

16. Carolina April 29, 2012 at 03:59 #

I really only like the Siriano look as worn by the model. This is a great demonstration of elegant street style, as worn. It looks very out of place worn as a red carpet look and the tshirt reminds me of Dennis the Menace – totally a departure from the throwaway chic of the runway look.

17. robbie April 29, 2012 at 18:39 #

2 major messes and 1 blah look.