26.04.12

After attending the ‘African Cats’ premiere in London last night, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was with Prince Williams this afternoon attending a reception for the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race at Goldsmiths’ Hall in London, England.

She looked a prim and proper, as always, wearing a Rebecca Taylor blue tweed jacket with floral accents around the neckline which she paired with a matching skirt.

We shouldn’t be surprised by the all blue accessories which included an Anya Hindmarch navy snake skin clutch.

You can buy Catherine’s Anya Hindmarch from Anya Hindmarch.com.

Credit: Getty

Elizabeth Banks' Peter Pilotto Cutout Lace Effect Chiffon Skirt

Elizabeth Banks’ Peter Pilotto Cutout Lace Effect Chiffon Skirt

Rihanna In Topshop - Da Silvano's

Rihanna In Topshop – Da Silvano’s

25 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Rebecca Taylor – Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race Reception

1. bm April 26, 2012 at 15:40 #

Matthew Williamson’s look yesterday is far better than this one.

• Christine April 26, 2012 at 16:10 #

2. bee7 April 26, 2012 at 15:46 #

mediocre as always. i understand that she needs to look appropriate, hence the boring outfits. but i cant get past the heavy make up

3. Alina April 26, 2012 at 15:53 #

Boring.

4. couturecoco April 26, 2012 at 15:58 #

Tweed, fringing, slight peplum, rosettes, pockets on skirt and is that grosgrain I see, well, well AND a new clutch that has an exotic print! OK, we’re moving – albeit very slowly – in the right direction. Next let’s do something about the SHOES please!!! She does look great!

• Fiona April 26, 2012 at 16:09 #

Exactly!! Please let’s hope she allows herself to buy some slightly more stylish shoes. These are so “appropriate for the office” shoes, they kill the outfit. Love the colour on her, but a little too much blusher today.

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 26, 2012 at 16:00 #

Would have been easy to throw in a pop of color with the shoe, bag or both. zzzzzzz.

6. Yeliz April 26, 2012 at 16:07 #

I have to say that this look disappoints me after her amazing Matthew Williamson dress. Yes it’s understandable that she has to be appropriate and formal but she still should be more interesting at this events. The only thing I like about this look is her clutch.

7. Emi April 26, 2012 at 16:12 #

Boring and deja-vu.

• Ramsay April 26, 2012 at 18:09 #

Yes not interesting at all and kinda aging

8. d April 26, 2012 at 16:21 #

oh no :(

yesterday’s was a bit more exciting

9. Grace Patricia April 26, 2012 at 17:21 #

Way too boring to havy other words to qualify. She’s always looking older than she really is. The jacket and the skirt are good though, but I can’t bear this hair and specially the pumps.

• Grace Patricia April 26, 2012 at 17:21 #

*have

10. Nat April 26, 2012 at 18:08 #

One day she’s gonna go out of navy stuff to wear (and to match to that gorgeous engagement ring of hers)…LOL!

My problem with this outfit is not that it’s boring (yesterday’s look was boring too, but it was pretty), the thing here is that I just don’t like what she’s wearing. Too much tweed + I’m not sure about the shape of both the jacket and the skirt.

11. EmmaWoodhouse April 26, 2012 at 18:53 #

I know I’m probably getting marked as a die-hard Catherine fan, but I like this look and think that her accessories are beter this time around. The different textures make the look subtly interesting, and I think the monochromatic accessories are better than those she paired with the Matthew Williamson look.

• Emma April 26, 2012 at 20:51 #

• Aline April 27, 2012 at 03:11 #

ITA

12. Riley April 26, 2012 at 19:36 #

I have completely given up on Catherine. Officially. She dresses like a 55 year old albeit in four inch heels. Anyone who says Catherine is a fashion icon is wrong. She is the Queen of Frumpy.

The Queens of Snoozeville Mediocrity:
    Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
    Angelina Jolie (but with the occasional hit)
    Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore
    Cameron Diaz in all her grey, black and beige looks
    Taylor Swift in her comfort zone
    Alexa Chung being herself
    Nicole Kidman in L’Wren Scott
    Reese Witherspoon, Katie Holmes, Julia Roberts, Amanda Bynes, Courtney Cox

Any others to join the Duchess in boring?

• elaine2 April 28, 2012 at 16:00 #

I agree with you. Looks to me as if she has a spray tan………probably getting ready for the next beach vacation.

• Lee Ann April 28, 2012 at 21:43 #

I am 55 and trust me I do not dress this dull.

13. Lila April 26, 2012 at 19:59 #

It’s pretty enough I guess but it looks too short. The skirt and jacket look too short.

• lola April 27, 2012 at 23:28 #

too short?! I wish it was shorter. maybe if it its hiked up a few inches I wouldnt mistake her for the queen.

14. Molly April 26, 2012 at 22:24 #

This looks exactly like the Missoni coat she wore in March. Same hair, same makeup, same outfit…I dont get it. Doesnt she ever get sick of wearing the same thing all the time?

15. Lisa April 27, 2012 at 01:52 #

Im bored all the time – no matter what outfit I’m usually bored!!!! Miss Diana sooooo much

16. Amy April 27, 2012 at 18:13 #

I see that after the Williamson hit,the duchess is back to her boring self. I like the fact that the suit has some embellishments but it just ages her. You combine the all-navy thing with her heavy makeup, she looks way older than she is. Even her amazing hair look flat here. And don’t blame it on protocol there are too many ways to look stylish yet formal these days.