Rihanna In Marchesa – Time 100 Gala

Rihanna attended the Time 100 Gala which honours the “100 Most Influential People in the World” which was held at Jazz at the Lincoln Center in New York City last night.

The singer, who also performed at this event, wore a Marchesa Resort 2012 dress.

Her draped strapless fuchsia dress with a structured bodice and a voluminous skirt doesn’t work for me.

I don’t buy the ‘bad girl meets good girl’ image she’s trying to portray here. I also really don’t like the fit: the dress is too long and the silhouette makes her look boxy.

She opted for Christian Louboutin ‘Bois Dore’ heels which may have a crystallized heel, but from the front they are plain boring.

Wilfredo Rosado jewels, large curls and a dark berry lip colour completed her look.

The only thing I like about this dress on Rihanna is the colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Beijing Film Festival Opening Ceremony?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Beijing Film Festival Opening Ceremony?

Leelee Sobieski In Chanel - 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

Leelee Sobieski In Chanel – 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

26 Responses to Rihanna In Marchesa – Time 100 Gala

1. Badaboum April 25, 2012 at 10:07 #

100% agree with your comment. Very nice dress, great color on her but I don’t buy it.At.All.

However, this remind me about the time when she had red hair and would favour flower prints and vivid colors: it was working then, but now it doesn’t.

• Sean Garrette April 25, 2012 at 20:11 #

Like when she wore that Dior Haute Couture dress last year at the Brits! i lovedddd that look!

• Jess2 April 26, 2012 at 03:19 #

+1 – I absolutely agree! I love this dress, I am a big sucker for structured pieces but this feels so fake to me and as you said, I am not buying this 180 turn from trashy. Not even a little bit.

2. gemma April 25, 2012 at 10:07 #

I LOVE IT! love her looking girly and pretty!

3. ullis April 25, 2012 at 10:32 #

shes really starting to get annoying.

4. MEME April 25, 2012 at 10:45 #

She looks like she’s goin’ to her prom…. HATED IT wit’ two Snaps and a Twist….

5. Rosalie April 25, 2012 at 11:40 #

Absolutely HATE it when the shape of runway looks are diluted.
    Fit, length and voluminous skirt is sooo much better on the model

• gurlygurl April 25, 2012 at 14:10 #

Agreed! As much as I love the color on her the beauty of the original dress is lost. Rihannas version is very 80’s prom…. Not a good look. It has no interest or sex appeal and the shoes are a disaster as well. A pump and a ball gown does not work!!

6. Carolina April 25, 2012 at 12:01 #

The dress is too much on the model, too. Love the color on her, and her hair, but not the dress.

7. Linda April 25, 2012 at 13:52 #

This is so uncharacteristic of Rihanna, too girly, middle of the road and feminine. The fit is bad and the shoes are so boring…very unusual for her and a misstep.

8. Alina April 25, 2012 at 14:27 #

“This was one of my favourite looks from this collection and Rihanna has ruined it for me.” +1

Imagine this dress on Anne Hathaway.

9. Emi April 25, 2012 at 14:46 #

I like this dress so much, but she ruined it, you’re right FC. She uses to go half naked most of the times, so I don’t understand why she chose a longer version. The original version is so cute, it’s a kinda of ‘700 dress. She always ruins great dresses, what a pity. I would see Dita von Teese with this dress.

10. Christine April 25, 2012 at 15:19 #

The dress is not flattering on her. Hate the shape and the bodice up top.

11. Riley April 25, 2012 at 15:42 #

The black pumps are horrendous.

Since she is so trashy and tacky 80% of the time, I find it funny when she does classy. It’s like, ‘oh really? *smirk*’

• Yeliz April 25, 2012 at 18:26 #

12. Hannah April 25, 2012 at 15:59 #

This just doesn’t work on any level for me. I don’t think that her makeup or hair, which I think looks cheap here for some reason, work with the style of the dress. Nor do the nails or rings and the shoes are dull from the front. I also don’t like the tattoos with it, not to discriminate to those with tatoos, but I see them as permanent accessories, so unless you over them up you have to dress with them in mind, which rihanna didn’t here. Also the fit & the lacking volume.

13. bm April 25, 2012 at 16:13 #

I hate it. Not because Rihanna wore it, because the dress itself is look dated, boring.

14. shap_half April 25, 2012 at 16:20 #

Aaccck! She looks horrific!

15. Felicia April 25, 2012 at 20:00 #

OMG! That’s such and amazing dress………. On the model!! The fit on Rihanna is horrid. The top makes her boobs look even more nonexistent and the bottom is too long. Should’ve tailored it for but instead it looks like a rush order.
    I’m beginning to get agitated by her because she has so much natural beauty but she has a habit of dressing like she has no sense.

16. Sean Garrette April 25, 2012 at 20:10 #

When I first saw this look I said that i absolutely hated it! but then I softened a little and i realized i loved the color but i hate the dress. the bottom half completely falls flat. It does nothing for her amazing frame. I mis the old days where Rihanna was being style by Mariel Haenn and took risk and gave us real high fashion looks. With her new stylist Mel Ottenberg….she looks very Senior prom-ish. Her hair and makeup is raident and she look beautiful but the look feel completely flat for me.

17. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2012 at 23:55 #

It wasn’t my favorite look on the runway but at least it was whimsical and had lots of volume. It’s a prommy mess on Rihanna, who is really getting worse and worse imo. The shoes bring down the look still more.

18. lola April 26, 2012 at 00:57 #

rhianna did not ruin this dress… okay the fit could have been better. But this is the prettiest she has looked in a LONG time. The only thing I would change is the lip color and shoes. Also the color looks better against rhianna’s skin than it does against the model’s.

19. Lala/S-R April 26, 2012 at 03:50 #

“This was one of my favourite looks from this collection and Rihanna has ruined it for me.” ROFL that’s so unfortunate.

20. BONCHEIDT April 26, 2012 at 12:50 #

Some ppl are just negative and will hate anything that the girl wears even to the point that after complaining about her explicit style they will still hate her girly style. You look adorable. go Riri

21. Francois B April 27, 2012 at 20:17 #

I don’t know why but I love it. She looks beautiful!