Claire Danes In Lanvin – Time 100 Gala

Yesterday we were talking about how Claire Danes is the original déjà vu girl, so she gave us a look with a bit more bite and attitude at the Time 100 which honours the “100 Most Influential People in the World” which was held at Jazz at the Lincoln Center in New York City last night.

The ‘Homeland’ actress wore a Lanvin Pre-Fall 2012 dress.

Her terracotta crinkled and sleeveless shift dress was teamed with a large statement necklace.

The rest of her accessories included Forevermark diamond studs and Lanvin ‘Opanca’ platform sandals with metallic-gold criss-cross straps.

What I find most shocking about this look is her voluminous updo. Claire can step out of her comfort zone dress-wise from time to time, but the hair usually stays the same.

I love that she went left, when we all expected her to go right.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Leelee Sobieski In Chanel - 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

Leelee Sobieski In Chanel – 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

Julia Restoin-Roitfeld In Prada - 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

Julia Restoin-Roitfeld In Prada – 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

13 Responses to Claire Danes In Lanvin – Time 100 Gala

1. Nat April 25, 2012 at 10:46 #

I hate the fabric of the dress, but other than that I think she looks great in it.

The hair…no no no. I appreciate her trying something different, but there must be something in between from the usual plain hair and this.

2. firieness April 25, 2012 at 11:55 #

I love this look – from the hair to the shoes. I think Claire looks amazing.

3. TeaAtTwo April 25, 2012 at 13:57 #

I loved that she mixed it up. The dress is gorgeous.

• Christine April 25, 2012 at 15:10 #

4. gurlygurl April 25, 2012 at 14:05 #

This is a great look for Claire. I find her to be a bit safe usually but this looks like she’s having fun and it works wonderfully for her frame. The color is great too! Well executed!

5. harris April 25, 2012 at 15:01 #

love love

6. Rebecca Z April 25, 2012 at 15:08 #

Necklace is wasted, but I love the look

7. Riley April 25, 2012 at 15:40 #

LOVE this look. When I did a double take a her hair, that proves this really is a big move for her.
    I don’t even mind the necklace. In fact I quite like it.

BDOTW.

8. bm April 25, 2012 at 16:27 #

What a twist. We want to see some originality from her, but she gave us a big fat original style that we never seen her before.
    It is a BDOTW nominee.

9. gabis April 25, 2012 at 18:06 #

This is such a gorgeous, new and unexpected look from her and that I even feel bad for having to criticize a few things. I don’t exaclty like the shoes and I can’t understand the necklace, it’s lost, wasted and not working as a statement piece, plus it looks very weird with those earrings.
    I love the hair and and barely there makeup!

10. Yeliz April 25, 2012 at 18:44 #

I appreciate that she tried to do something different with her hair but it’s a no from me. Don’t like the necklace either. Fortunately the dress looks great on her.

11. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2012 at 23:59 #

I like that she mixed it up, but this look doesn’t work for me. Good to see a different hairstyle but this is too bouffant. The dress is hideous in both fabric and color in my opinion, and I don’t like the necklace.
    I do appreciate her stepping outside the box, though.

12. Laura D. April 26, 2012 at 21:09 #

Wow, I have to admit I was wrong. I thought she was just to demure for the edgier looks, but she gets it sooo right here.